ADVERTISEMENT

Stoops on the verge of becoming FSU HC

KerryRhodes

15000+
Dec 15, 2007
A real Stoops-Bob.

Sources: FSU nearing deal with Bob Stoops to become next head football coach

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — Bob Stoops could become the next head coach of Florida State football in the near future, according to sources. We've heard the announcement could come as early as the end of this week or early next week, and that a deal is really close to being done.

Stoops coached at Oklahoma from 1999 to 2016, winning a National Championship in 2000, a 13-2 win over Florida State. Stoops won ten Big 12 Championship titles in his time in Norman, and was a six time Big 12 Coach of the Year. He retired from coaching in June of 2017, but has since returned to coaching, as in February of 2019, it was announced Stoops would be the head coach and general manager of the Dallas Renegades in the XFL.

Reactions: Cue Card
All of those "sources" stories have FSU connections...

I prefer them as elite. Getting an annual T20 matchup is good for our program.

I'd rather FSU suck we become a consistent top 20 team and be able to recruit their backyard. If one of the Florida schools needs to be good, I'd much rather it be Miami since they are on the other side of the conference leaving us to only have to topple Clemson consistently on out side, then meet UM if we do.

But you can bet UK fans will say Mark Stoops turned down FSU to stay at UK, lol.
Nobody is after Mark Stoops. They dont really believe that. They just enjoy saying it because it somehow makes them feel relevant. Mark Stoops is a mediocre coach and nothing more. Perfect fit for a sub mediocre football program and he will keep them that way always. No way a team like FSU is coming after him. Bob yes...Mark, hell f ing no

Reactions: SpotHogCard
The ACC is better when FSU and Miami are good. Also Virginia Tech. There’s plenty of room for us; don’t forget we were pulled into this conference for FB.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
The ACC is better when FSU and Miami are good. Also Virginia Tech. There’s plenty of room for us; don’t forget we were pulled into this conference for FB.

The ACC is so bad that it is a P5 conference with an undefeated Clemson, who has a lot of tradition, is not even in the CFP as of today. That's how bad the ACC is. It is ridiculous. So yes the ACC needs to be better.

I think Us, Miami, Wake, Virginia and Clemson would/ could beat about half of the SEC.

List

USC
Yuts
UT
ATM
Ole Miss
Miss State
Missouri
Ark
Vandy
UF

Clemson would/could beat all of the top tier teams so I don't know where all of this "ACC is terrible" talk is coming from.

Nobody is after Mark Stoops. They dont really believe that. They just enjoy saying it because it somehow makes them feel relevant. Mark Stoops is a mediocre coach and nothing more. Perfect fit for a sub mediocre football program and he will keep them that way always. No way a team like FSU is coming after him. Bob yes...Mark, hell f ing no

It sure would be fun to watch the yuts realize they are nothing more than a stepping stone though. Those fools would try to justify anything.

I think Us, Miami, Wake, Virginia and Clemson would/ could beat about half of the SEC.

List

USC
Yuts
UT
ATM
Ole Miss
Miss State
Missouri
Ark
Vandy
UF

Clemson would/could beat all of the top tier teams so I don't know where all of this "ACC is terrible" talk is coming from.

USC is Southern Cal
A rich, blueblood program.

Scar is a garbage program just one rung up on the ladder of SuCkS.

The problem with the ACC outside of Clemson everyone else is the same talent. Miami and FSU have more talent but they haven’t found the right fit coach wise.

It is a level playing field which makes every game a battle. Miami could easily be 8-0 yet they found ways to lose to Georgia Tech.

The difference between the SEC is they have more top level teams. Consistent 5 teams that are really good. The fan bases aren’t even comparable either.

The problem with the ACC outside of Clemson everyone else is the same talent. Miami and FSU have more talent but they haven’t found the right fit coach wise.

It is a level playing field which makes every game a battle. Miami could easily be 8-0 yet they found ways to lose to Georgia Tech.

The difference between the SEC is they have more top level teams. Consistent 5 teams that are really good. The fan bases aren’t even comparable either.

And yet Clemson kicked Bama’s @$$ (44-17) in the title game last season. Yeah, poor ole ACC. The ACC is, indeed, having a “down” year but it is no where near as bad as you painted it. And I guarantee you that an undefeated Clemson team will be in the playoff. Where do you get this crappola.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

List

USC
Yuts
UT
ATM
Ole Miss
Miss State
Missouri
Ark
Vandy
UF

You know, you bring up a good point. I get it Bama, LSU, UGA, and Auburn are solid programs, with FLA not being bad. BUT, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Vandy, SC are not good and MSU, UK, UT, TA&M, Mizzou would be middle of the pack or worse in our conference just as they are in the SEC. Probably speaks to why UK and UofL's SOS is nearly the same which is a pretty good indicator.

Reactions: SpotHogCard
You know, you bring up a good point. I get it Bama, LSU, UGA, and Auburn are solid programs, with FLA not being bad. BUT, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Vandy, SC are not good and MSU, UK, UT, TA&M, Mizzou would be middle of the pack or worse in our conference just as they are in the SEC. Probably speaks to why UK and UofL's SOS is nearly the same which is a pretty good indicator.
Yet all you hear from the delusional idiots is how bad our schedule is. They beneficially lump the whole SEC into their talking points when discussing their schedule yet they only play one big boy (Georgia). The SEC east has been historically awful the last few years. SEC west is a beast...ill admit that but that in no way effects UK's schedule.

UK would have 3 certain losses from from our schedule so far in Notre Dame, Clemson, and Virginia...and Wake would probably beat them along with Miami.

Those guys just dont know sh%t about football. They have had one decent season in my lifetime so why would they.

And yet Clemson kicked Bama’s @$$ (44-17) in the title game last season. Yeah, poor ole ACC. The ACC is, indeed, having a “down” year but it is no where near as bad as you painted it. And I guarantee you that an undefeated Clemson team will be in the playoff. Where do you get this crappola.

I never said the ACC was bad. I said it was very evenly matched outside of Clemson. Clemson is great and I never said they would be left out of the playoffs. If they happen to lose they will be but that isn’t going to happen.

When teams are this evenly matched they are going to take losses. That gives the appearance the teams aren’t very good which isn’t always true. The coastal is a mess.

Look annually there are 10 teams that have a legit shot at the title. There isn’t that much that separates everyone else.

Blanton Collier, Fran Curci…..

Actually, Blanton Collier went back to the NFL and won big there. His main weakness at uahkay is that he wasn’t Bear Bryant or Adolph corrupt.

Actually, Blanton Collier went back to the NFL and won big there. His main weakness at uahkay is that he wasn’t Bear Bryant or Adolph corrupt.

You are correct. He belongs in the "Ones They Ran Off category." I first remember Blanton as coach of the Cleveland Browns n didn't realize he had been fired at uahkay. Not everyone can be Bear Bryant (except for Saban), as they soon found out. His WC was poetic justice.

Sorry for the screwup.

If Porky does leave for Florida State, I can see Ky landing a top tier coach like pulling Saban from Alabama or Dabo from Clemson.

Kroghetto Field at Commonfilth Stadium is one of the best atmospheres in college football.

Lexington is a destination now.

lol, they made not be that dumb to say Dabo, or Saban, but i guarantee they would think Meyer would be a possibility for them. Id put money on it.

If Porky does leave for Florida State, I can see Ky landing a top tier coach like pulling Saban from Alabama or Dabo from Clemson.

Kroghetto Field at Commonfilth Stadium is one of the best atmospheres in college football.

Lexington is a destination now.

I think there may be support groups out there for you my friend, rehab maybe?

Reactions: PHCARD
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT