ADVERTISEMENT

Still needing Bourbon

I got a deal on some jack Daniels last week from Costco. I usually buy Jim Beam (or Knob Creek when I deserve a treat). Anyway, that Jack Daniels is crap. I don't know why it cost more than Jim Beam and I will probably never buy that swill again. PS Woodford Reserve is the bomb too.

I got a deal on some jack Daniels last week from Costco. I usually buy Jim Beam (or Knob Creek when I deserve a treat). Anyway, that Jack Daniels is crap. I don't know why it cost more than Jim Beam and I will probably never buy that swill again. PS Woodford Reserve is the bomb too.
I was in Louisville on business last year and swung by Woodford and they had a small batch Rye which was outstanding. Can't get it here.

I was in Louisville on business last year and swung by Woodford and they had a small batch Rye which was outstanding. Can't get it here.
Small bath Woodford Reserve is only available in certain stores. Have you ever tried Knob Creek?

Your personal taste are one thing. You may or may not like Jack Daniel's but it is a quality whiskey. But not surprise statement coming from a Beam drinker.

This guy is asking about Bourbon and the suggestions have been Beam and Jack Daniels (not bourbon and not from KY). So sad. I will not be at the game but please don't judge one of the greatest things this state has to offer based on these recommendations.

04_01_JimBeam_Original_Hero.png
This guy is asking about Bourbon and the suggestions have been Beam and Jack Daniels (not bourbon and not from KY). So sad. I will not be at the game but please don't judge one of the greatest things this state has to offer based on these recommendations.
Sorry to be the one to inform you that Jim Beam is bourbon. I've been to the distillery many times. I only mentioned Jack Daniels taste (assuming everybody knows that's from Lynchburg TN). Go troll someplace else.

Last edited:
Reactions: beasleythecard
If you can logically follow a sentence I didn't say Beam was from another state. That's why I made the comment after Jack Daniels. And the point is there are a significant number of superior bourbons than an overrated jim beam. If he wanted beam he could literally buy that anywhere in the country. All I am saying is this guy is talking small batch bourbon and no one has mentioned Four roses, Blantons, Eagle Reserve, Weller, Old Forrester, etc. it's like asking for a recommendation for a good craft beer and you recommending Coors lite.

If you can logically follow a sentence I didn't say Beam was from another state. That's why I made the comment after Jack Daniels. And the point is there are a significant number of superior bourbons than an overrated jim beam. If he wanted beam he could literally buy that anywhere in the country. All I am saying is this guy is talking small batch bourbon and no one has mentioned Four roses, Blantons, Eagle Reserve, Weller, Old Forrester, etc. it's like asking for a recommendation for a good craft beer and you recommending Coors lite.

To your point, you are correct that Beam is closer to the bottom shelf. I cringed at the suggestion, myself.

However, your comment was confusing. I read it and thought "dafuq? Jim Beam is straight outta Bourbon County."

So remember, punctuation - the difference between knowing your sh1t, and knowing you're sh1t.

As I get ready to cook BBQ for 100 for this Saturday, I'm thinking a fifth of Woodford Rserve Rye would be a great trade out for award winning Carolina pulled pork. And I will even allow red shirts by our motor home. No Garnet!!! Or any small batch bourbon. Huuuge game In the valley.
YES PLEASE

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT