ADVERTISEMENT

Star ratings are a factor

REDFISTFURY3

4500+
Mar 21, 2015
Interesting article this is what you need in bigboy FB to really have fighting chance year in and out . For those that think we can all of sudden compete with Clemson this is were our program would have to be at. And it ain't going to ever happen.

Reactions: Rollem Cards
It might not be all of a sudden but some day we are going to compete/win some against Clemson. Even the best of the best in SEC lose every once in a while.

Reactions: gocds
21 5 stars between these two teams. Equates like this

Ga 15 a whole starting unit and a quarter of another whole unit.
Fl half a whole starting unit.

Thats alot of talent and these two dont have what Bama.Ohio St. and Clemson have .

And Ga looked like crap today. So the stars didn’t show up for them today. FB is so upside down this year. Covid sucks!

Reactions: Cardiac Red
And Ga looked like crap today. So the stars didn’t show up for them today. FB is so upside down this year. Covid sucks!
Ga problem all year is QB play whom was a walk on not too mention they have mutiple starters out for this game and their 5 star Qb hasnt played a down this year because on injury. And besides they playing against a not too shaby Gators team.

Reactions: gocds
There's nothing wrong with our talent nor is it down currently. We're a consistent 3-star program, and good coaching can do a lot with classes at that average quality of talent.

NOT win national championships however. You get to a higher level of talent over long periods of time and sustained performance. One year of "greatness" doesn't matter anymore than a disappointing year does. It's just one year when you need many years to have meaning...

Reactions: elliotwlane
I’ll be happy if we can just CONSISTENTLY stay at the top of the “also ran” list.

Ahead of the Miss St, Ole Miss, Kansas St, va Tech, uk, Purdue, Mich St, etc bunch.

Interesting article this is what you need in bigboy FB to really have fighting chance year in and out . For those that think we can all of sudden compete with Clemson this is were our program would have to be at. And it ain't going to ever happen.

Then why doesn’t Clemson have 10 NCs? BECAUSE THEY HAVENT ALWAYS BEEN THIS GOOD.
In fact, they have had long stretches of mediocrity.
it is possible to build a great program. Where there’s a will (and a plan) there’s a way.

I know we had some great teams with local players on our team like Brian Brohmand Michael Bush. We even had a shot at a National Title that year so I believe it can be done here.

I know we had some great teams with local players on our team like Brian Brohmand Michael Bush. We even had a shot at a National Title that year so I believe it can be done here.
Stars aligned caught lighting in a bottle. We had Bobby 1.0 and some unusual generational fb talent in the city around that time. Haven't had any of this since but a few players that have gone out of state ... My point is about sustaining in which this state cannot produce talent over a long period to even be at consistent championship level. Clemson finally figured out they issue was never talent it was hiring the right coach. They are in a talent rich hotbed as long as they keep a good coach they wont have any issues. That's been the killer for Miami and Fl.st ,Tenn programs that should be at the top of the food ladder bad coaching hires. Florida is a good example bad hires Zook,Champ,Mcelewain these 3 bad hires had talent but couldn't coach. Two excellent hires they back Meyer championships and Mullens see the quick work he doing. We are just a program that needs to strive to just be a consistent winner and if you are then you are in position to take advantage of down years by the Clemsons maybe. And yes anything can happen but i'm just being realist when it comes to FB we are just not that type program.

Programs like ours suffer from this below .

John L decent coach who should have stayed but thought he was better than what he was big mistake and after the fact he even admitted this. He was the perfect coach for this level and he brought in some studs.

Strong imop was just like JL but with the ability to bring in a much higher level player. He was never going too stay here regardless.

Last edited:
Stars aligned caught lighting in a bottle. We had Bobby 1.0 and some unusual generational fb talent in the city around that time. Haven't had any of this since but a few players that have gone out of state ... My point is about sustaining in which this state cannot produce talent over a long period to even be at consistent championship level. Clemson finally figured out they issue was never talent it was hiring the right coach. They are in a talent rich hotbed as long as they keep a good coach they wont have any issues. That's been the killer for Miami and Fl.st ,Tenn programs that should be at the top of the food ladder bad coaching hires. Florida is a good example bad hires Zook,Champ,Mcelewain these 3 bad hires had talent but couldn't coach. Two excellent hires they back Meyer championships and Mullens see the quick work he doing. We are just a program that needs to strive to just be a consistent winner and if you are then you are in position to take advantage of down years by the Clemsons maybe. And yes anything can happen but i'm just being realist when it comes to FB we are just not that type program.

Programs like ours suffer from this below .

John L decent coach who should have stayed but thought he was better than what he was big mistake and after the fact he even admitted this. He was the perfect coach for this level and he brought in some studs.

Strong imop was just like JL but with the ability to bring in a much higher level player. He was never going too stay here regardless.
You are right about Strong but he again screwed up by leaving. Where is he now?

You are right about Strong but he again screwed up by leaving. Where is he now?
Analyst at Alabama .However he did turn down the Vols and stayed another year but i cannot blame him for taking a shot at the Texas job you be a fool not too. Just like Mack he had it made at Xaxier but he would have been a fool not to have taken this job here. Some jobs are just once in a lifetime resume builders. If i had a son that had offers from ND,Florida,Bama,Lsu ,Clem types sorry i love U of L but some offers you just cant turn down.

Last edited:
Reactions: SoulSr
If i had a son that had offers from ND,Florida,Bama,Lsu ,Clem types sorry i love U of L but some offers you just cant turn down.
And THIS is why some need to quit the “we gotta recruit better”, the “we’ll recruit better now that we’re ACC”, and the “we gotta win the top state recruits” the stuff.

History and geography matter.

Reactions: Mayoman
And THIS is why some need to quit the “we gotta recruit better”, the “we’ll recruit better now that we’re ACC”, and the “we gotta win the top state recruits” the stuff.

History and geography matter.

Now RC, you know not everyone took history or geography in school and many of those that did fell asleep in the class or did not study to understand its use in the sic 'Real World' out there.:rolleyes:o_O:p;)

Reactions: Rollem Cards
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT