ADVERTISEMENT

Stadium expansion

seashore

500+
Nov 24, 2005
Jurich is probably thrilled that he had the fan expansion contracts in hand before the last 3 games. We have 2 really good seats (not lifetime) plus 4 others in the lower bowl so we only briefly considered any seats in the new section. Folks who bought into the last expansion got YUM seats. People who didn't have Freedom Hall seats were able to get men's basketball seats for the first time. I do have to remind myself that we have been in a football stadium for less than 20 years. That we were an independent for most years and nearly ended the football program. Most other 'football' schools have been in the same conference (Big 10, SEC) for generations. We have come a long way - thought we were there. Ellen

Exactly. As much angst as there is at the moment, three games or even half a season don't define a legit football program.

We'll get through it, and it should be interesting if you can just take the role of spectator...

Jurich is probably thrilled that he had the fan expansion contracts in hand before the last 3 games. We have 2 really good seats (not lifetime) plus 4 others in the lower bowl so we only briefly considered any seats in the new section. Folks who bought into the last expansion got YUM seats. People who didn't have Freedom Hall seats were able to get men's basketball seats for the first time. I do have to remind myself that we have been in a football stadium for less than 20 years. That we were an independent for most years and nearly ended the football program. Most other 'football' schools have been in the same conference (Big 10, SEC) for generations. We have come a long way - thought we were there. Ellen

Didn't our last expansion begin under He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named? Be real.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT