ADVERTISEMENT

Spring game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just think of you were smart enough to look a my profile pick, you might realize that I am not a slapdk.
That's cool though

I think the 50% off merchandise tent will be open before the scrimmage, and the baseball team plays at 4 PM afterward. Several other U of L sports are in action at home on Saturday as well...

Reactions: Deeva and gocds
Just change the cats to cayuts and I think we'll get the message. At least smarter posters like myself will. ;)

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

I'm surprised that the spring game this Saturday isn't going to be televised. FSU and Clemson was, so why not for us?

Can you park in any of the lots, or do you need a parking pass?
In the past it has always been free parking in the stadium lots with no pass requirement. Only problem is there isn't any traffic control like they have for season games. I wasn't there last year though. With the weather supposed to be perfect there will probably be a big crowd. I plan to go and stay for the baseball game at 4.

Reactions: LOUCARDS1974
Lots open at 08:00. Going to be a great day temps in the mid 70s no rain. Hope we have a big crowd.

I'm surprised that the spring game this Saturday isn't going to be televised. FSU and Clemson was, so why not for us?
U of L should live stream it on the inter-web so we out of towners have a chance to see our Cards in action.

It looks like the 2nd half will have Bolin wearing a red jersey with the first team

Jackson's 1st half stat line: 23-28 . 454 yards & 7 TD's. Video game numbers.

Geez, his ball was looking pretty and accurate. Spinning great looking spirals all day. Dropping lone distance dimes. Jackson was getting time; receivers were getting separation, and LJ was putting it right in stride. Sure will be awesome if we can do all of that when it counts. TE Cole Hikutini is a star in the making.

Geez, his ball was looking pretty and accurate. Spinning great looking spirals all day. Dropping lone distance dimes. Jackson was getting time; receivers were getting separation, and LJ was putting it right in stride. Sure will be awesome if we can do all of that when it counts. TE Cole Hikutini is a star in the making.
The 2nd didn't put up much resistance but LJ also didn't take off and run like last year very much. I really like the flair pass to the RB. He showed a lot of touch on those. How did Bolen look with the red team in the 2nd half?

The 2nd didn't put up much resistance but LJ also didn't take off and run like last year very much. I really like the flair pass to the RB. He showed a lot of touch on those. How did Bolen look with the red team in the 2nd half?

Bolin wasn't too sharp today. He threw 2 picks, and it could/should have been more. Quite a few high balls on shorter routes bouncing off receiver's hands, there for the taking. But to be fair, he WAS quite a bit better running with the red team in the 2nd half.

Last edited:
Jackson's passes look much better. I guess 15,000 here.

WHAT!? I'm quite sure that the uahkay cayuts will have close to 150,000 in attendance at their spring game. Also, it looks like the infield on Derby Day up there. :p

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Bolin wasn't too sharp today. He threw 2 picks, and it could/should have been more. Quite a few high balls on shorter routes bouncing off receiver's hands, there for the taking. But to be fair, he WAS quite a bit better running with the red team in the 2nd half.
I was hoping they would be able to redshirt Pass but I don't see that happening after watching Bolin yesterday.

I was hoping they would be able to redshirt Pass but I don't see that happening after watching Bolin yesterday.

You really don't redshirt talents like Pass in this day and age...not a good look with HS Players...even the highest rated players at a Blue Blood don't reshirt anymore.

I don't worry in the least about Bolin. He has proven his worth to me with his ability to step in and win games. The key with him is giving him time in the pocket. If he gets that, he can put move the ball,

Reactions: nccardfan
I don't worry in the least about Bolin. He has proven his worth to me with his ability to step in and win games. The key with him is giving him time in the pocket. If he gets that, he can put move the ball,
He's serviceable in a pinch, but we saw last year he's not going to carry this team if he has to.

You really don't redshirt talents like Pass in this day and age...not a good look with HS Players...even the highest rated players at a Blue Blood don't reshirt anymore.
Provided he progresses once on campus, I think Pass has the potential to be a great QB. With that said, I think that they should absolutely red shirt him (provided LJ stays injury free) to allow him to become ingrained in the playbook without wasting a year in what might be a mop up only role. It would be different if LJ was a junior. Spreading out the classes - particularly as far as the QBs go, is invaluable.

Reactions: CardsFirst
Pass will at least be in the backup position when he gets on campus, I'm excited to see LJ improve...that needed to happen for him to keep the starter position...but Pass will be a very close second and as we have seen every year, the back up QB will be a very important part of our success...probably start 1 or 2 games...I predict we will see Pass with significant minutes this year. KB may get some quality time as well, we've gone to the 3rd QB many times over the last few years...regarding RB, his days behind center may be numbered and that is a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT