ADVERTISEMENT

Spread check: Cards by 11.5.

CardX

Five-Star Poster
May 29, 2001
Sounds about right, though, WKU makes me a little uneasy. Their coach is good. He won’t be at Western long. In the meantime, he’ll have his guys ready to go. I think this game could get a little tight. Helton is the real deal.

Cards will cover this because I believe the defense is going to suprise us all (pleasantly).

Reactions: Deeva
When you have skill guys like ours, that’s when you feel good about separating yourself from a mid-major talent team.

If we were a grind it out team, I’d feel uneasy, but we’re gonna light up the scoreboard.

Biggest thing to worry about is keeping Micale untouched. WKU has a great pass rush andI’m still not sold on the line. Keeping Micale 100% for the rest of the year is our biggest task.

Reactions: Steelers2012
WKU has a future P5 coach, a P5 QB with a strong arm and speed, big time RB, solid OL and an athletic TE. The coach is predicting they can equal the offensive output from the Petrino/Brohm years. So if our defense holds them to 21 or fewer, that’s a great start to the season.

Most other programs, including WKU, didn’t start Spring as early. The Toppers first practice with Piggy T occurred a month ago. While Tyrell is dynamic, he doesn’t have experience running this offense, experience with the timing of his WRs, RBs or OL. WKU might be as explosive as the Helton predicts, but think it might take a game or two to develop.

i think the Cards 10 Spring practices pay off in week one. This is where the Cards have a big advantage on teams. Satt was able to get some teaching in and keep the momentum of 2019 going just before the pandemic. During the time away from campus, ‘most’ players returning were exposed to the offense, defense, and drills they would be expected to know come summer camp.

Cards by 17 or more.

Feels like this system can score the points to cover spreads like these. No predictions just not bold but I think the Cards can score the ball. So it comes down to, is WKU any good... and... is the UofL D better, and if so how much better?

I trust in coach Satt’s preparation and the fact that we are absolutely loaded at the skill positions on offense but as we’ve learned in the recent past, a shaky O line can ruin a lot of things. Hopefully they’ll be up to the task.

I’m more worried about breaking in a new Punter and Kicker, something we haven’t had to worry about in awhile.

33-24 Cards

KSU and ISU both upset at home today by non-power conference opponents. That’s not helping my first game jitters. I appear to be in the minority, but this game has me slightly worried.

KSU and ISU both upset at home today by non-power conference opponents. That’s not helping my first game jitters. I appear to be in the minority, but this game has me slightly worried.
Agree and I imagine this is not lost on our coaches.

Kansas State’s offensive line was horrible and QB Brock Purdy looked surprisingly awful for Iowa State. To me, this is less surprising than slight underdog teams like Navy and Middle Tennessee getting beat by a combined score of 97-3 last week against BYU and Army. Might be a crazy early part of the season.

Can’t imagine too many people are going to have ISU coach Matt Campbell on their future NFL Head Coaches list like they were last year. Not taking anything away from the Ragin Cajuns, they earned it but #23 Iowa State was not good in any way today

Last edited:
Reactions: Mayoman
These games feel very odd to me today. Maybe it will just take some getting used to the masks, no fans/few fans, current talking points, etc. Of course, even after 7 mths.....I'm not adjusting to much of anything.

These games feel very odd to me today. Maybe it will just take some getting used to the masks, no fans/few fans, current talking points, etc. Of course, even after 7 mths.....I'm not adjusting to much of anything.
It definitely feels strange. The Arkansas St- Kansas St game felt closer to normal to me because there were a decent amount of people in the stands and it went down to the wire but the new normal is not going to be easy to adapt to.

I imagine it must really feel like a hellscape if you lose a game your supposed to win like Iowa St did at home. Let’s not find out.

Reactions: PHCARD
ADVERTISEMENT