ADVERTISEMENT

Sports Apathy

Knucklehank1

6000+
Jul 12, 2004
We have a game today and there is no talk about it. I plan to watch it but must admit my excitement level is very low. The rising cases and hospitalizations from Covid is sapping my energy and making things like sports feel quite trivial.

15 games canceled or postponed today. It’s hard to get on with normal life and interest with doom & gloom chattering in your ear.

Not a research I'd enjoy doing but it would be interesting to see the impact on COVID #'s wise across the programs in the country. It's also hard to measure what person/people "feel" the impact more deeply, or at all in comparisons to others.

It is rough times for everybody I would think to some degree. For those not impacted at all something else could be bothering them that feels just as impactful to them as a virus would be.

It all feels like a series of exhibition games. What is anyone really playing for this year? A bowl? Will we even have those? If bowl games are irrelevant most years, they are laughably pointless this year. We picked a good year to suck honestly.

I agree with that. College football is kind of a sideshow this year. I watch most of the games with "passing" interest--it almost doesn't matter.

But everyone's on the same footing. So I'll push back against the argument about how much it's affected U of L. EVERYONE is being affected...

It all feels like a series of exhibition games. What is anyone really playing for this year? A bowl? Will we even have those? If bowl games are irrelevant most years, they are laughably pointless this year. We picked a good year to suck honestly.
Even if there are bowls they were given not earned and the big kicker hardly anyone will attend. And in some cases no one will be able to attend.

Someone will still be crowned NC and ACC Champion and although 2020 may have asterisks beside it, schools will still claim it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT