ADVERTISEMENT

Someone over in the cesspool that is big blue-ser board may have hit on something ... Art Briles

Status
Not open for further replies.
If infidelity was an issue, disclosing it would have helped her. If it was the false accusations of jealous fans of other schools - like you, for instance - it would have hurt her cause. Defamation is never a good negotiating strategy. Speaking of which, it didn't help Al Davis either - he still had to pay out on the contract.
I'm sure she did disclose it - to Kiffin and his attorney and, I'm sure it did help her in her settlement. No reason to publicly play that card unless Kiffin wanted to make things ugly or refused to give her what she wanted. It's interesting that something so simple seemingly escapes you. You're either completely obtuse or intellectually dishonest - neither of which is a good look but, one that is par for the course with Gump fans.

Reactions: CardFanBudMan
What happened at UT was that Kiffin had his eyes on another job and left after one year - and according to the AD at the time, conducted himself in a duplicitous manner - which is materially the same thing as a situation that you rip Petrino for. I'm sure that when Kiffin was at UT, your opinion about him was less favorable than since he joined the Gumps, and I'm just as sure if Alabama hired Petrino, your tune would change about him as well, as your hypocrisy knows no bounds.

I thought you had been around longer than that. I used to support UL basketball - then jurich hired pitino. No more. I used to support UL football. Then jurich re-hired petrino. No more. jurich also accused Coach Strong of being less than forthcoming. Jilted AD's say that. It is not new. In the case of petrino at Jacksonville, UL, Georgia, Arkansas the duplicity was well documented. If Alabama hired anyone anything like pitino or petrino I would abandon them too - and I have been going to Alabama games a lot longer than I have UL (although, I did see my very first UL football game in Tuscaloosa). I think it was 1977.

I thought you had been around longer than that. I used to support UL basketball - then jurich hired pitino. No more. I used to support UL football. Then jurich re-hired petrino. No more. jurich also accused Coach Strong of being less than forthcoming. Jilted AD's say that. It is not new. In the case of petrino at Jacksonville, UL, Georgia, Arkansas the duplicity was well documented. If Alabama hired anyone anything like pitino or petrino I would abandon them too - and I have been going to Alabama games a lot longer than I have UL (although, I did see my very first UL football game in Tuscaloosa). I think it was 1977.

Well cl you did all of real UofL fans a major favor. Thank you and don't ever let the door hit you in the ass. All of us fans of the University of Louisville appreciate your moral compass. :rolleyes:o_O

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Nobody gives a rat's ass according to what I'm gathering. In the words of Don Henley "I could be wrong but I'm not".

Well cl you did all of real UofL fans a major favor. Thank you and don't ever let the door hit you in the ass. All of us fans of the University of Louisville appreciate your moral compass. :rolleyes:o_O

Let me guess - you teach your children to lie, cheat and steal. As long as they get away with it, it is fine. And if they get caught, blame the accuser. Meanwhile, you bitch and moan that society has gone to hell. You are no doubt a Clinton supporter as are most UL fans. And this benefits UL how?

Let me guess - you teach your children to lie, cheat and steal. As long as they get away with it, it is fine. And if they get caught, blame the accuser. Meanwhile, you bitch and moan that society has gone to hell. You are no doubt a Clinton supporter as are most UL fans. And this benefits UL how?
Wow! You labeled this guy as someone who teaches his children to lie, cheat and steal? You know all that and his political affiliation? And what if you were right about any of it? Who the hell are you to judge? Sad.

When Reagan and Administration sold arms to Iran in direct violation of federal
law, i guarantee , you didnt call for his resignation.

Soceity has ALWAYS been hell. The difference, there wasnt a 24 hour media to
yak about it.

There were Presidents who HELD SLAVES, and Presidents who ignored slavery.
Yes , you want moral leaders. Even Noah sinned. He was forgiven and saved by God.

Why cant you forgive. Besides, you KNOW Bama is buying players.

So you used to support UofL football and basketball, but don't anymore. Why are you here again, in a forum that has nothing to do with teams you support? You are a troll, plain and simple. No one wants you here, and no one cares about your opinion. You have proven over and over in this thread alone you have no business trying to talk to us about morals. Go away.

What I have taught my children is absolutely none of your business. But maybe I failed because one of them is an attorney.:p However, with that said, I DO teach my children that if someone has erred, made a terrible life choice or sinned then if that person has asked the forgiveness of their family and their God it is incumbent upon us to also forgive them. But, WTH, I'm guessing that you feel you are above that. That's ok because when you do ask for forgiveness for being arrogant and unforgiving they will forgive you too.

Wait a sec.

You ever had a Client you KNEW was guilty? But it was your JOB (constitutionally guaranteed) to try to get them acquitted? (But it's my JOB! :rolleyes: )

Were you the one in the conference room who said "do what you want with him. He hasn't paid me"?

Don't get pompous. It's self serving BS

If CBP were to be fired for his "moral compass" you would probably be first in line to sue, trying to get the 40%.

You guys need to give my fellow SEC fan a break. I mean can you imagine the childhood trauma he must have suffered with a name like Wendell?

Wait a sec.

You ever had a Client you KNEW was guilty? But it was your JOB (constitutionally guaranteed) to try to get them acquitted? (But it's my JOB! :rolleyes: )

Were you the one in the conference room who said "do what you want with him. He hasn't paid me"?

Don't get pompous. It's self serving BS

If CBP were to be fired for his "moral compass" you would probably be first in line to sue, trying to get the 40%.

I don't do criminal law, so no. I don't work on a contingent fee basis, so no. And, since my clients typically aren't the ones to have done whatever supposedly was done, they just insure them, then they are never "guilty" in any sense and they would fire me if I advised them to litigate when liability was fairly certain. So no. And if someone came to me for representation and I learned they had lied professionally and personally over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over . . . No. Life's too short.

I don't do criminal law, so no. I don't work on a contingent fee basis, so no. And, since my clients typically aren't the ones to have done whatever supposedly was done, they just insure them, then they are never "guilty" in any sense and they would fire me if I advised them to litigate when liability was fairly certain. So no. And if someone came to me for representation and I learned they had lied professionally and personally over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over . . . No. Life's too short.

So you don't like liars. WTH, who likes liars? How do you justify being a liar? As in claiming to be a UofL fan in a former life and now hating all things UofL (Jurich, Pitino, Petrino) because they hurt your little feelings about whom they decided to hire without consulting you. Your rationalizations to hate all liars belies you as an attorney. You have to understand that about 50% of your clients are lying to get what they want from their adversaries. Do you really believe insurers are always honest with their policy holders? Do you really believe that all insured are honest with their insurance carriers? In real life (as I stated before) it is incumbent upon us to forgive those that have sinned against us . . . so long as THEY have asked for forgiveness. That's the crux of what we have learned for years from study of the bible or any other teachings of decency and goodness. CL you are missing the boat here.

Guys, stop arguing. The conversation isn't going anywhere and you aren't going to agree or sway each other.

For what it's worth, CardLaw is cool with me. When the discussions focused on football, his posts are pretty insightful. If he has stopped supporting Louisville basketball & football b/c he disagrees with the hires, then I say good for him for sticking to his guns. Lots of UK fans hated Cal, now they love him, and we make fun of them for that. It's America, people can think what they want, cool, whatever. In the end, it's just sports, aka the sandbox/toybox of life. For my part I'm having a blast watching this Louisville team and can't wait to watch the game this Saturday.

It's America, people can think what they want, cool, whatever.
Exactly, so why are you telling people to stop arguing? Let them argue. It's America. I decided to stop arguing with him, and FWIW, he's not cool with me. I think he's a putz, so I choose to ignore him.

For those who wish to keep arguing with him, I say have at it. It IS America. Every single person who lives in this country as a legal citizen has the constitutional right to express themselves. Those who came here illegally should not have the same protected rights as those who did. That's my opinion as a natural born citizen of the United States of America. If you or anyone else disagrees, fine by me. Disagree.

So you don't like liars. WTH, who likes liars? How do you justify being a liar? As in claiming to be a UofL fan in a former life and now hating all things UofL (Jurich, Pitino, Petrino) because they hurt your little feelings about whom they decided to hire without consulting you. Your rationalizations to hate all liars belies you as an attorney. You have to understand that about 50% of your clients are lying to get what they want from their adversaries. Do you really believe insurers are always honest with their policy holders? Do you really believe that all insured are honest with their insurance carriers? In real life (as I stated before) it is incumbent upon us to forgive those that have sinned against us . . . so long as THEY have asked for forgiveness. That's the crux of what we have learned for years from study of the bible or any other teachings of decency and goodness. CL you are missing the boat here.

I haven't been here in a while (trying to sneak back) and I see someone lifted the radical rock that CardLaw sleeps under at night. He used to post flat out lies against the medical system with no concern. Now, I see this idiot works with insurance. Go figure. --A lawyer publicly passing moral judgment upon others...LOL

The more someone plays the honest card, the more dishonest they really are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT