ADVERTISEMENT

So this guy has lost 30 lbs...

zipp

Elite Member
Jun 26, 2001
Matt%20Elam%202_zps5zglwq74.jpg

Or is that just a missed dinner?

LPT Football: Some leftover pork chops...

Thanks to the nutri diet system of ex-lax tabs.......he is a new svelte man.:rolleyes:

It is a shame that he did not enroll in a real strength and conditioning program ..........this is unhealthy and can anyone imagine what he will look like when he leaves football?

I'm no fan, but if he has good genes, he will have less chance of a heart attack than the numerous Marathon runners who've had them.

My new goal in life is to die sick.

Been to enough "healthy" friends funerals.

I had to laugh when I recently read Stoops describe Elam as "explosive". Maybe at dinner time. I admit I only watched maybe 5 games in which he has played. But the guy has the slowest footwork I have ever seen for a major college defensive linemen. Never seen him get off a block.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smithereen
I had to laugh when I recently read Stoops describe Elam as "explosive". Maybe at dinner time. I admit I only watched maybe 5 games in which he has played. But the guy has the slowest footwork I have ever seen for a major college defensive linemen. Never seen him get off a block.
Maybe he was talking about his aforementioned commode skills.

Reactions: Smithereen
He was listed at 360 lbs in the Spring and the staff is trying to get him closer to 340 lbs before the season kicks off. Keep in mind Matt is 6'7" so he's about 4-5 inches taller than a vast majority of nose tackles in college. Most nose tackles play at around 325-335 lbs and are closer to 6'2". He's never going to play at a weight lower than 335-340 lbs at his size. He's just a massive human being and he always will be

Mammoth sized linemen becoming more prevalent in SEC

He was listed at 360 lbs in the Spring and the staff is trying to get him closer to 340 lbs before the season kicks off. Keep in mind Matt is 6'7" so he's about 4-5 inches taller than a vast majority of nose tackles in college. Most nose tackles play at around 325-335 lbs and are closer to 6'2". He's never going to play at a weight lower than 335-340 lbs at his size. He's just a massive human being and he always will be

He should be on the O-line, he is too slow and doesn't have leverage for defense. Kinda like Micah Johnson playing linebacker, he could've been a threat at DE instead of getting burnt by much quicker TE's.

Reactions: Pike 96
The green just makes him look fat. Gerald treats his body like a temple. I always thought he would have really been able to showcase his skills if they would have put him in an offense like Vince Young or Michael Vick had.
Al Bundy said it best: it isn't the dress that makes you look fat: it's the fat that makes you look fat

Reactions: Wordless65
He should be on the O-line, he is too slow and doesn't have leverage for defense. Kinda like Micah Johnson playing linebacker, he could've been a threat at DE instead of getting burnt by much quicker TE's.
True. Elam's height actually works against him as a D-tackle. Too easy to get under him. And with all of that fat, he doesn't have the power to defeat the blocker in front of him. Simple weight won't do that.

Supposedly, there's a pretty good athlete under all of that fat. If true and with proper discipline and training, he's probably built more to be a DE. But he's nowhere near the condition to play in space. So he just wastes away out of position.

This is also an indictment of the LPT football program. No way that kid should be in that shape and still in the line-up. He chose the school where he knew he could get PT and not have to work that hard.

LPT Football: We're your school...

It's obvious that he has outstanding fork work probably best on the team.

Reactions: rentalman and zipp
CatFan: Breno Giacomini is 6'7" and weighs 318 lbs and plays OT in the NFL. I have seen Matt in person and on the field; he is 50 lbs over-weight and he and the UK staff are responsible for wasting a young man's chance to play competitive football. If Melvin Lewis had not been injured, Matt would have little experience last year as it was evident that he was a non-force inside.

What you're forgetting (not surprisingly) is 340, 360 or 380 he is not a good football player. You Yayhoos always forget that

Perhaps flatulent was the word Stoopid was searching for.

True. Elam's height actually works against him as a D-tackle. Too easy to get under him. And with all of that fat, he doesn't have the power to defeat the blocker in front of him. Simple weight won't do that.

Supposedly, there's a pretty good athlete under all of that fat. If true and with proper discipline and training, he's probably built more to be a DE. But he's nowhere near the condition to play in space. So he just wastes away out of position.

This is also an indictment of the LPT football program. No way that kid should be in that shape and still in the line-up. He chose the school where he knew he could get PT and not have to work that hard.

LPT Football: We're your school...
Matt's always kept himself in great shape. The high intensity workout program UK has ran the last few years has made him a finely tuned athletic machine. At practice when they race to the ice cream truck he is first in line everytime.

The pic reminds me of Richard Pryor and Gene Wilder in "Stir Crazy"....when they knew they were seriously in over their heads too

"Better get bad Jack, cause if you ain't bad...you get f'd!!!!!"

"We bad...we bad....That's right! Uh huh. We don't take no $#!t!!!"

The pic reminds me of Richard Pryor and Gene Wilder in "Stir Crazy"....when they knew they were seriously in over their heads too

"Better get bad Jack, cause if you ain't bad...you get f'd!!!!!"

"We bad...we bad....That's right! Uh huh. We don't take no $#!t!!!"
Maybe the funniest movie ever made. Just looked up that scene andI'm still laughing and I've seen that movie about 6 times.

Peace

Matt's always kept himself in great shape. The high intensity workout program UK has ran the last few years has made him a finely tuned athletic machine. At practice when they race to the ice cream truck he is first in line everytime.

Yeah. That's why fat ass is a "shape". The uahkay staff have done this kid a real injustice by not insisting that he lose weight and my not actually coaching him up. And, by the way, who would want to get in his way on the trip to the "ice cream truck". :rolleyes::D

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

He will never be a force on defense, he should switch to the OL if he wants a future in football.
There first needs to be a coach on the team who will tell him that.

LPT Football: We let the players figger out for themselves...

He will never be a force on defense, he should switch to the OL if he wants a future in football.
How do you know that he will never be good on defense? Nick Saban disagrees with you by the way. Elam has good athleticism for a NG but as an OT he would probably be a step slow laterally. He ran a 5.0 forty when he was 400 lbs and he is unusually flexible/agile for a guy his size. Matt has uncommon size and athleticism for a NG but he would probably be an average OT

How do you know that he will never be good on defense? Nick Saban disagrees with you by the way. Elam has good athleticism for a NG but as an OT he would probably be a step slow laterally. He ran a 5.0 forty when he was 400 lbs and he is unusually flexible/agile for a guy his size. Matt has uncommon size and athleticism for a NG but he would probably be an average OT
How do you know Saban wasn't planning on switching him? There is no way Elam plays defense at Alabama.

Last edited:
How do you know Saban wasn't planning on switching him. There is no way Elam plays defense at Alabama.
There's no way Elam SEES THE FIELD at Bama. I doubt he'd still be on the team with his work ethic.

The one good thing I'll say about him is he chose the right school.

LPT Football: The program for everyone...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT