ADVERTISEMENT

So....Texas A & M

Feb 3, 2014
Suddenly got really good during the off season? Everyone seemed to run them down at the end of last season and thereby diminish LJ and the Cards' handling of the Aggies in the Music City Bowl. Now TAMU is ranked #10 and seen as the most serious threat to Bama in the SEC. Yes, I know that they were Team Turmoil last year but they still had and obviously still have tons of talent, size and coaching. My point is that many of us may not have realized at the time the significance that Bowl victory foretold for our Cards. It most likely was the launch pad to what we are now witnessing.

Then came the Spring Game and we were left slack jawed by the gaudy performance by our offense, but then again, it was just the Spring Game.

Then came game one against Charlotte and we were left slack jawed by the gaudy performance by our offense, but then again, it was just Charlotte.

Then came a road test at Syracuse and we were left slack jawed by the gaudy performance by our offense, but then again, it was just Syracuse...on the road....in a hot noisy (for a little while anyway) Carrier Dome.

Then came Game Day, a national audience and #2 Florida State and we were left slack jawed by the gaudy performance by our offense, the vast improvement in our Special Teams and the coming out party of our awesome Defense...but then again, it was just ...well you know.

I'm just surprised that we are not re-appreciating that great Music City Bowl against what is now proving to be a very quality opponent.

Reactions: L'ville posse
They finished within six points of U of L and Lamar Jackson four games ago.

They probably ought to be ranked in the Top 5...

I have been playing close attention to A&M, and they have been ballin'...that Dec bowl victory was huge against an SEC team, and no doubt gave this team confidence heading into the spring, fall camp and now the season.

Suddenly got really good during the off season? Everyone seemed to run them down at the end of last season and thereby diminish LJ and the Cards' handling of the Aggies in the Music City Bowl. Now TAMU is ranked #10 and seen as the most serious threat to Bama in the SEC. Yes, I know that they were Team Turmoil last year but they still had and obviously still have tons of talent, size and coaching. My point is that many of us may not have realized at the time the significance that Bowl victory foretold for our Cards. It most likely was the launch pad to what we are now witnessing.

Then came the Spring Game and we were left slack jawed by the gaudy performance by our offense, but then again, it was just the Spring Game.

Then came game one against Charlotte and we were left slack jawed by the gaudy performance by our offense, but then again, it was just Charlotte.

Then came a road test at Syracuse and we were left slack jawed by the gaudy performance by our offense, but then again, it was just Syracuse...on the road....in a hot noisy (for a little while anyway) Carrier Dome.

Then came Game Day, a national audience and #2 Florida State and we were left slack jawed by the gaudy performance by our offense, the vast improvement in our Special Teams and the coming out party of our awesome Defense...but then again, it was just ...well you know.

I'm just surprised that we are not re-appreciating that great Music City Bowl against what is now proving to be a very quality opponent.

I wouldn't make too much of it. At this point last year A&M was 3-0 and ranked 14th. Three weeks later they were 5-0, ranked #9, and coming off a bye week to host Alabama. Alabama won 41-23 and that was the end of that. A&M finished the season losing 5 of their last 8 games counting both the Alabama and UL games. This year, this week, they play a neutral site game against Arkansas and are favored by 6.5 last I looked. I think Arkansas will win the game out right. Their schedule has most of their tougher opponents at home (Tennessee, Ole Miss, LSU), but they have to go to Tuscaloosa. You can't rule out anything at this point, but I think they are looking at 7-5 or 8-4.

Are you calling us a bunch of slack jaws?

They had a big problem at QB going into the game. However, we've seen teams win bowl games without a coach (Pitt over UK) so it is safe to say nothing is a given in this sport, amirite?

Reactions: gocds
Nice post OP, and this was another reason I liked where we were coming into this season. No, they weren't world beaters last year, but they were a very good football team. That was LJ's introduction to the nation, and they now know that that game wasn't a fluke for him. No, not at all. ;)

Reactions: L'ville posse
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT