ADVERTISEMENT

Small sample size, I know, but something to keep an eye on...

CardX

Five-Star Poster
May 29, 2001
Through four games this year, just 2 home runs. Through four games last year, 7 home runs. It's going to be hard to replace the offense, the power of last year's squad. If small ball is the way, let it be so. Win with pitching and defense and timely hitting and smart base running.

I think there's more options for CM this season. There are some serious looking ball players waiting to get their chance. TBS, I'm OK with a faster, more clutch hitting team. I'm already seeing a more aggressive base running group.

Gotta say, I like the look of this group.

I think there's more options for CM this season. There are some serious looking ball players waiting to get their chance. TBS, I'm OK with a faster, more clutch hitting team. I'm already seeing a more aggressive base running group.

Gotta say, I like the look of this group.
Gotta say that’s it’s early and could be more of an indication of our competition. We will find out soon with Xavier on Tuesday and UNC our first ACC series.

Gotta say that’s it’s early and could be more of an indication of our competition. We will find out soon with Xavier on Tuesday and UNC our first ACC series
You're not mocking me I hope?I don't get revved up for nothing.

You're not mocking me I hope?I don't get revved up for nothing.
No, not mocking you. I am excited about this group as well but you can’t lose someone the caliber of McKay as well as our leadoff and CF, Taylor, Ellis, Fitch, Hairston and basically our weekend starting rotation and expect to pick up where we left off. I’m going to wade in rather than dive in.

ok,cool..I like what I've seen so far,which is talented,young guys getting thrown in because of depletion and their responses to that.Flying under the radar a bit might suit them better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT