ADVERTISEMENT

Slow Starts

earsky

Four-Star Poster
Jan 12, 2010
We've been a bit hamstringed by slow starts in several games.Not to say the team is not gritty,they definitely are.
I'm curious about shakeups at the top to get these guys going earlier.

Thoughts?

Btw,not bashing the guys at the top and we are 15-2,but we've battled in a lot of those wins.It will make the team tested I'm sure.

Good win against Texas Tech #4 today after losing 8-4 yesterday. Cards end a two game losing streak. Gave up first inning HR and was 3-0 in the first. Cards got 1 back in the bottom. Stowers got his 1st HR of the season. Cards scored 3 in the 6th and 1 each in the 7 and 8th. Detmers started and BobbyMiller (3-0) got the win. Bordner got his 7th save.

We've been a bit hamstringed by slow starts in several games.Not to say the team is not gritty,they definitely are.
I'm curious about shakeups at the top to get these guys going earlier.

Thoughts?

Btw,not bashing the guys at the top and we are 15-2,but we've battled in a lot of those wins.It will make the team tested I'm sure.

What I have noticed about Coach Dan and this team and I’m not sure it’s just because of the makeup of the team, but Dan is not being overly aggressive as he typically is. Of course, I thought we often forced things too much at times, especially against good teams in the ACC. I know we don’t have a Logan Taylor but I think we have good team speed. Also Oriente hurt by hamstring injury may affect our running game.

Speaking of slow starts, I hope wolfman gets off to a fast one tonight. He has struggled early, only to settle in later.

Hopefully, he gets it going from the beginning.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT