ADVERTISEMENT

Sirmon needs to be gone, TONIGHT!

There is a lot of overreaction going on here. The game was ugly, but guys, Clemson is about on the level of BAMA now. This team, this season, this program, are all going to be just fine.

PS was not rushing the passer.

PS was not covering receivers.

PS WAS working with players HE didn't recruit, or ask for, who are NOT as good as WHOEVER recruited them said (IMO).

Bobby has lead us to the point of ZERO DL's who can pressure a QB, which in reality is WHY our DB's "suck".

This is on our Offensive Genius who puts D second. It is what it is, and will remain so until attitudes change.

That said, PS may still suck, but he gets a pass from me for now. He INHERITED this mess. He didn't make it.

Let things play out. I am not sure Sirmon is the answer but nobody really knows why Grantham left, after a huge raise. The whole thing doesn't make much sense unless Grantham saw the writing on the wall and wanted to go. Tough to find a Brent Venables or Bud Foster nowadays. We had freshman corners and safeties, hell the Avery kid played a few snaps. Clemson was better than us at every position, including quarterback.

PS was not rushing the passer.

PS was not covering receivers.

PS WAS working with players HE didn't recruit, or ask for, who are NOT as good as WHOEVER recruited them said (IMO).

Bobby has lead us to the point of ZERO DL's who can pressure a QB, which in reality is WHY our DB's "suck".

This is on our Offensive Genius who puts D second. It is what it is, and will remain so until attitudes change.

That said, PS may still suck, but he gets a pass from me for now. He INHERITED this mess. He didn't make it.
The thing for me is the effort, or lack thereof.. Our D plays with no physicality, no attitude, and no pride, and that is a direct reflection of the coach in my opinion..

The thing for me is the effort, or lack thereof.. Our D plays with no physicality, no attitude, and no pride, and that is a direct reflection of the coach in my opinion..
Its the scheme. Soft zone really keeps the kids passive. Grantham brought a blitz nearly every down.

The last one talking to them is PETRINO.
Yeah but they're with the DC all week..

Kinda like a kid in a split family, goes to mom's house through the week and gets spoiled, has no rules or discipline, then goes to dad's for the weekend who's a disciplinarian, then dad's an ass because he has rules.. Causes dissension..(no personal experience with this scenario, just an analogy)

This is CBP's baby.

His 4 yr old child. It should be learning how to run by now. Not still be crapping it's pants.

It should have all it needs to grow and prosper. Not needing this or that.

He's never had a five yr old so we don't know what's coming. But if we don't get some big uglies we're maxed out.

Yes bring back Lance Bedford or hire a guy by the name of Eric Vangorder.
First off lance Bedford probably would be terrible at coaching defense considering that is probably some random white guy working at a gas station some where in America. Now if youre takingabout VANCE Bedford then ya I'd take him over Peter O Sirmon .see what I did there with the capital POS.

Wrong.

Lamar threw a pick six.

Last year UofL got down 28-10, and after the 26-0 to nothing run, couldnt hold off Clemson after getting an 8 point lead. Defense gave up 14 points the last 7 minutes. Yes one was a short field, but it has to be done.

If Grantham was as good, he'd be in Miami with Richt, not fired by two succesive coaches.

I know Sirmon isnt as good and wont be here long barring a complete 180. When your defense is lax you have to outscore them. The offense and defense SuCked last nite. Grantham would have made no difference.

You're wrong.yes we lost to Clemson last year and gave up almost the same amount of points but u seem to forget who all Clemson had last year, Watson, gallman, Lots of other outstanding players that got drafted or graduated. Imagine having SIRMON last year. We would of given up 60 easily I believe and got blown out like this year. Now imagine having Grantham this year against Clemson with a new q.b. in his first road start. We would be blitzing almost the entire time which would lead to possibly a couple big plays but I think it would rattle their q.b. pretty bad and could end up making them lose the game. So ya just because we lost last year with Grantham isn't saying anything. Grantham was going against much better talent then this year's team. We deff would of been in better hands with Grantham this year against Clemson and nothing you say will convince me otherwise. It 100% wouldn't of been a blowout. I mean look at last year when fsu freshman q.b. came in here for his first road start, he obviously was rattled and didn't play no where near his potential cause he was running for his life. We still have the play makers that can cause that type of pressure, we just don't have the right person telling them to rush or do anything that is smart if u are trying to win more than 7 games and not give up 30-40 points to EVERY SINGLE TEAMWE PLAY. Come on, Any one that thinks SIRMON is just as good as Grantham or couldn't be any worse is out their mind. I personally liked Grantham and I hated seeing louisville fans wanting him to be fired. Look back at the college football defensive rankings for 2016. Seriously. Louisville was 14th in the nation in total defense. U kno what miss st was. Mind you 2016 was sirmons only year as dc at msu. THEY WERE 110TH!!! that is TERRIBLE. That's why I never could see why louisville fans would want Grantham gone. Every year he was here we were at least in the top 30 in defense, EVERY YEAR. Now we given the reigns to this clown who was 110th in defense... WHY WHY WHY. please pick anybody besides him. There aren't too many dc's that are worse than him so chances are no matter who u pick, they can't be as bad as stupid SIRMON and his prevent defense mentality. Please send him to conference usa where he can be on a team that might actually have the same goals he does, like tulsa or something, it seems bad coaches come from there, Well coaches that don't belong on a power five team any way, which SIRMON most definitely does not, he barely deserves to be on the field. Now if we hired him to be recruiting director or something that would be fine, he's young enough to possibly do a decent job, I feel that is why g got the job, cause maybe he can recruit but there isn't any proof that he is capable of that. Just his age. There DEFINITELY isn't any reason to believe that he can lead a team that is supposed to have national championship type goals in defense. 110th!!! Please... COME ON! AWFUL AWFUL HIRE idc what reasons people give to back him up. And I don't put the blame really on Petrino, maybe he hired him Idk But Petrino didn't lose this game, he didn't call the defense and make them play zone and make the corner backs sit 20yds off of their receivers. I like Bobby. I don't like Peter, in every sense of the word. Lol but seriously, please try to find anybody else to lead our defense. Please I beg.

You're wrong.yes we lost to Clemson last year and gave up almost the same amount of points but u seem to forget who all Clemson had last year, Watson, gallman, Lots of other outstanding players that got drafted or graduated. Imagine having SIRMON last year. We would of given up 60 easily I believe and got blown out like this year. Now imagine having Grantham this year against Clemson with a new q.b. in his first road start. We would be blitzing almost the entire time which would lead to possibly a couple big plays but I think it would rattle their q.b. pretty bad and could end up making them lose the game. So ya just because we lost last year with Grantham isn't saying anything. Grantham was going against much better talent then this year's team. We deff would of been in better hands with Grantham this year against Clemson and nothing you say will convince me otherwise. It 100% wouldn't of been a blowout. I mean look at last year when fsu freshman q.b. came in here for his first road start, he obviously was rattled and didn't play no where near his potential cause he was running for his life. We still have the play makers that can cause that type of pressure, we just don't have the right person telling them to rush or do anything that is smart if u are trying to win more than 7 games and not give up 30-40 points to EVERY SINGLE TEAMWE PLAY. Come on, Any one that thinks SIRMON is just as good as Grantham or couldn't be any worse is out their mind. I personally liked Grantham and I hated seeing louisville fans wanting him to be fired. Look back at the college football defensive rankings for 2016. Seriously. Louisville was 14th in the nation in total defense. U kno what miss st was. Mind you 2016 was sirmons only year as dc at msu. THEY WERE 110TH!!! that is TERRIBLE. That's why I never could see why louisville fans would want Grantham gone. Every year he was here we were at least in the top 30 in defense, EVERY YEAR. Now we given the reigns to this clown who was 110th in defense... WHY WHY WHY. please pick anybody besides him. There aren't too many dc's that are worse than him so chances are no matter who u pick, they can't be as bad as stupid SIRMON and his prevent defense mentality. Please send him to conference usa where he can be on a team that might actually have the same goals he does, like tulsa or something, it seems bad coaches come from there, Well coaches that don't belong on a power five team any way, which SIRMON most definitely does not, he barely deserves to be on the field. Now if we hired him to be recruiting director or something that would be fine, he's young enough to possibly do a decent job, I feel that is why g got the job, cause maybe he can recruit but there isn't any proof that he is capable of that. Just his age. There DEFINITELY isn't any reason to believe that he can lead a team that is supposed to have national championship type goals in defense. 110th!!! Please... COME ON! AWFUL AWFUL HIRE idc what reasons people give to back him up. And I don't put the blame really on Petrino, maybe he hired him Idk But Petrino didn't lose this game, he didn't call the defense and make them play zone and make the corner backs sit 20yds off of their receivers. I like Bobby. I don't like Peter, in every sense of the word. Lol but seriously, please try to find anybody else to lead our defense. Please I beg.
Paragraphs are your friend. ;)

Defense made some plays @ Clemson last year - some turnovers were created. The other night, just not many plays. A couple tackles behind the line, but that's about it.

Hoping the offense can find a little more balance to keep the D off the field and help them out moving forward.

Frustration run amok....

There is a lot of overreaction going on here. The game was ugly, but guys, Clemson is about on the level of BAMA now. This team, this season, this program, are all going to be just fine.
Good point however IMO the frustration expressed relate to issues that go back to the Houston game that seem to be unfixed. Had the clemson blowout existed in a vacuum - people would be disappointed but not pissed off like they are now.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
ADVERTISEMENT