ADVERTISEMENT

Sirmon needs to be gone, TONIGHT!

There is no defense that can be successful playing with an offense that is forever going 3 and out and not running the ball to give them a breather.

We knew the defense was going to take a step back the unit lost plenty from last season.

Factor in the refusal to grind on offense and you get a risk of getting slapped around.

Didn't like Grantham and I said I would give Sirmon a chance. Although I had reservations. Now I can honestly say to Sirmon "Get the he$$ out of here now. This is the worst FB I've seen since Kragthorpe. If CBP can't fix it wait until next year and bring in Brohm. Can't tackle and the players seem confused. Sadly even my wife noticed.

SIRMON IS TRASH AND NEVER HAS GIVEN ANYBODY ANY REASON TO BELIEVE OTHERWISE. that's why it was such a head scratcher when we traded Grantham for this piece of work from miss state. I don't agree with her localradio stations when they say that louisville fans hated Granthams defense like Georgia fans did. I enjoyed his defense, they annually were one of the better defenses in the nation according to yards and stats. It was only if he could usr tweak his defense just a tad that he would of been almost perfect. He would almost ALWAYS blitz on third down and that would end up killing us when there was a decent qb that we were facing. They would just do a quick slant pass and that would workevery time. But I'd take that over GARBAGE SIRMONs defense where we aren't aggressive at all and just play zone defense in the pass. That Doesnt work in the power five. It didn't work at Mississippi state and they weren't even trying to accomplish anything there besides making a bowl, it 120% doesn't work when you're supposed to be trying to win the ACC and possibly getting into the playoff... WHY WHY WHY. scrap the zone defense. Play freaking man defense. Don't give up the Easy catch but "not let them get too many yards after the catch" that's like playing prevent defense which is pretty much Sirmon in a nut shell. I've always hated that. So ok we'll give up however many yards they want when they pass but we won't allow them to run that much after completing it, WTF HOW ABOUT STEPPING UP ON THE RECEIVER AND CHALLENGING THE CATCH RIGHT OFF THE BAT. AND IF THE CATCH IS STILL MADE THENHAVE THE SAFETY DO HIS JOB AND STOP THE TD. NOT ALLOW THEM TO NICKEL AND DIME UP THE FIELD WITH CATCH AFTER CATCH BECAUSE PETER SIRMON DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO COACH. I'm just at a lost of words, I'm just repeating myself because I want BP to hear me and fire SIRMON right now, mid fourth quarter, just say get the Hell off my field and get out of louisville PERIOD, I DON'T CARE WHERE YOU GO AS LONG AS IT'S ANY WHERE BUT HERE.

Dont be a quitter.

Theyll beat the chopped liver teams.

Fall down against real teams.

Why cant we be quitters when I watched our team quit?

I dont care that we beat Kent or Murray St.

We have only beaten Clemson/FSU once combined since joining the ACC. Absolutey 0 excuse.

Heisman trophy winner and this is what happens tonight.

I dont care if we beat Kent State by 1 POINT. As long as we beat Clemson or FSU consistently.

It's over. Hand us a participation award bowl.

Reactions: Deeva
SIRMON IS TRASH AND NEVER HAS GIVEN ANYBODY ANY REASON TO BELIEVE OTHERWISE. that's why it was such a head scratcher when we traded Grantham for this piece of work from miss state. I don't agree with her localradio stations when they say that louisville fans hated Granthams defense like Georgia fans did. I enjoyed his defense, they annually were one of the better defenses in the nation according to yards and stats. It was only if he could usr tweak his defense just a tad that he would of been almost perfect. He would almost ALWAYS blitz on third down and that would end up killing us when there was a decent qb that we were facing. They would just do a quick slant pass and that would workevery time. But I'd take that over GARBAGE SIRMONs defense where we aren't aggressive at all and just play zone defense in the pass. That Doesnt work in the power five. It didn't work at Mississippi state and they weren't even trying to accomplish anything there besides making a bowl, it 120% doesn't work when you're supposed to be trying to win the ACC and possibly getting into the playoff... WHY WHY WHY. scrap the zone defense. Play freaking man defense. Don't give up the Easy catch but "not let them get too many yards after the catch" that's like playing prevent defense which is pretty much Sirmon in a nut shell. I've always hated that. So ok we'll give up however many yards they want when they pass but we won't allow them to run that much after completing it, WTF HOW ABOUT STEPPING UP ON THE RECEIVER AND CHALLENGING THE CATCH RIGHT OFF THE BAT. AND IF THE CATCH IS STILL MADE THENHAVE THE SAFETY DO HIS JOB AND STOP THE TD. NOT ALLOW THEM TO NICKEL AND DIME UP THE FIELD WITH CATCH AFTER CATCH BECAUSE PETER SIRMON DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO COACH. I'm just at a lost of words, I'm just repeating myself because I want BP to hear me and fire SIRMON right now, mid fourth quarter, just say get the Hell off my field and get out of louisville PERIOD, I DON'T CARE WHERE YOU GO AS LONG AS IT'S ANY WHERE BUT HERE.

I dont know what you said because it's too long, but I agree.

I never disliked Grantham. I don't see why do many louisville fans "hated" or even disliked Grantham. I enjoyed his aggressive defense. Just if he would dial it back some of the time on third down and not give up the first down every time. Besides that I deff loved the intensity he brought and the way our defense would fly around to the ball. We are a joke on defense and that was able to be seen in the first two weeks. I give us a pass against Purdue cause it's Jeff Brohm and he knew what he was doing but giving up 35 to UNC and being down in the 4th was the writing on the wall. I WISH WE WOULD SEE CBP SCREAMING IN SIRMONS FACE THE WAY HE DESERVES IT CAUSE HE IS KILLING OUR TEAM. He never should of been hired EVER AT ALL. WE HATE YOUR STYLE OF PLAY PETER SIRMON!!!!- every louisville football fan

Reactions: cardinalrod
Why cant we be quitters when I watched our team quit?

I dont care that we beat Kent or Murray St.

We have only beaten Clemson/FSU once combined since joining the ACC. Absolutey 0 excuse.

Heisman trophy winner and this is what happens tonight.

I dont care if we beat Kent State by 1 POINT. As long as we beat Clemson or FSU consistently.

It's over. Hand us a participation award bowl.

Thats all the players want.
Thats all theyll get.

Thanks beasley o_O

It is kind of hard to point a finger at one place when there is so much wrong.

I still say, got to have an incredibly well-oiled machine to run the stuff we're running offensively and expect the plan to work.

As bad as the D was in the 2nd half - the offense gave the D no chance tonight.

The starting RB for UofL football is not even a decoy, it's a mannequin.

There is no defense that can be successful playing with an offense that is forever going 3 and out and not running the ball to give them a breather.

This, I knew our D would be gassed in the second half. "The problem" tonight was not the defense.
Except they can't tackle and we're confused. So yeah beyond that it wasn't the D fault. Yes it was their fault it was all the coaches fault.

A post of frustration! Damn I'm with you.

A post of frustration! Damn I'm with you.
Either way Grantham was clearly not as bad as Sirmon. Although looked about the same against Houston and LSU. I don't like either

PETER SIRMON HAS ALLOWED 110 (ONE HUNDRED AND TEN) POINTS IN THREE (3) GAMES.

MEANWHILE, TOM HERMAN JUST WON HIS BEST CAREER GAME AT #4 USC. (Apparently OT).

I hate to say this but we are kinda stuck with Sirmon until end of year...who do we have in the stables or available nationally to replace? Bobby can't call a defense. I give Sirmon zero fault here...it's all on Bobby. Sirmon is doing the best he can, just not a good DC. Horrific hire...trading a DC for another that was at best as good as he had (and that was AT BEST). Just settle in and hope for an 8-4 season...maybe get a good matchup in post-season and go 9-5. That would be the best case at this point...could be a lot uglier.

I hate to say this but we are kinda stuck with Sirmon until end of year...who do we have in the stables or available nationally to replace? Bobby can't call a defense. I give Sirmon zero fault here...it's all on Bobby. Sirmon is doing the best he can, just not a good DC. Horrific hire...trading a DC for another that was at best as good as he had (and that was AT BEST). Just settle in and hope for an 8-4 season...maybe get a good matchup in post-season and go 9-5. That would be the best case at this point...could be a lot uglier.

I will say I advise all you fans out there to take my approach...my wife no longer allows me to watch the games live. I will either DVR or pull them up on ESPN 360. If we win, I get to watch. If we lose, I just delete and save the time. Helps me be far more efficient in time and keeps the frustration at a manageable level :)

Reactions: MEMEBLUE and Deeva
I think your offense is the reason you lost.

Peter Sirmon's defense didn't score 1 touchdown through 3 quarters. Also, Sirmon does not have his All-American DB out there. Also, the defense was slowly sliding last year even with a lot more talent.

Look we didn't trade DC's. We wanted to get rid of Grantham or at least CBP did. I think they must have had a fallout. And then like zipp said, we settled on Sirmon without making a legitimate search for a good D.C.

Reactions: JohnCard28
Look we didn't trade DC's. We wanted to get rid of Grantham or at least CBP did. I think they must have had a fallout. And then like zipp said, we settled on Sirmon without making a legitimate search for a good D.C.
It only seems like we traded then. Either way - it was a poor decision by petrino

It only seems like we traded then. Either way - it was a poor decision by petrino
My fear is he's having trouble getting a decent coach to work for him. And what we're getting is the only option.

Reactions: Rollem Cards
I think your offense is the reason you lost.

Peter Sirmon's defense didn't score 1 touchdown through 3 quarters. Also, Sirmon does not have his All-American DB out there. Also, the defense was slowly sliding last year even with a lot more talent.
Except they can't seem to tackle and seemed confused. The tackling thing has been an issue this year.

I will say I advise all you fans out there to take my approach...my wife no longer allows me to watch the games live. I will either DVR or pull them up on ESPN 360. If we win, I get to watch. If we lose, I just delete and save the time. Helps me be far more efficient in time and keeps the frustration at a manageable level :)
I am officially revoking your man card..

If you were a "fire Grantham" guy, you have nothing to say today because you got what you wanted. Credit to those who admit being in that crowd now because no one was likely keeping track.

And if you didn't want Grantham gone--like me--you and I probably didn't speak loudly enough on his behalf BEFORE he was canned. So we can't talk much either.

Truth be told, most fans don't know what the solution is to a problem like this. We don't know that a change in coaches is needed, we just know we're unhappy. Unfortunately, that doesn't help a lot. The best you can do is have a good memory the NEXT time a similar situation rolls around...

If you were a "fire Grantham" guy, you have nothing to say today because you got what you wanted. Credit to those who admit being in that crowd now because no one was likely keeping track.

And if you didn't want Grantham gone--like me--you and I probably didn't speak loudly enough on his behalf BEFORE he was canned. So we can't talk much either.

Truth be told, most fans don't know what the solution is to a problem like this. We don't know that a change in coaches is needed, we just know we're unhappy. Unfortunately, that doesn't help a lot. The best you can do is have a good memory the NEXT time a similar situation rolls around...

That's the problem. This was the ONLY good home game this season. The other home games are against 2 garbage cans for the next 2 weeks, then low tier ACC teams. No fun. Also, we dont need Grantham or Sirmon. We need a proven HC and DC.

Reactions: Deeva
That's the problem. This was the ONLY good home game this season. The other home games are against 2 garbage cans for the next 2 weeks, then low tier ACC teams. No fun. Also, we dont need Grantham or Sirmon. We need a proven HC and DC.
You don't understand what I'm saying... A "situation" is not a game or opportunity like playing Clemson. It's a problem that needs fixing like a poor defense.

And you don't know that Sirmon's a problem today anymore than you knew Grantham was a problem a year ago. You just know you're unhappy.

Only an idiot keeps making the same mistake repeatedly...

Granthams defense gave up 42 to Clemson last year.
Sirmons defense gave up 40.

Granthams defense couldnt get key stops, like when UofL was up by 8 at Clemson.

His 'd' couldnt get duke off the field.
The Houston debacle.
41 to SuCkS........SuCkS !!
He had 3 years. He had to go .
Fields didnt even get drafted......

He had to go and im glad he is gone.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT