4 Defensive Ends
2 Linebackers
1 Defensive Tackle

2 Offensive Linemen + 1 transfer
2 Tight-Ends
2 Wide Outs + 3 star PWO Reece Jesse
1 Running Back
1 Quarterback + 1 transfer

The rankings aren't adding in Reece Jesse which needs to be updated, or am I missing something @Dave Lackford ?

Overall, it's a big class. It's not special or game changing, but just what we needed. I think adding 7 DBs shows where Satt knows we're lacking & 5 guys on the dline too. Our current group of guys are playing hard and setting a good example, but they are limited.

We have to consistently be getting better recruits or we're going to fall back into the mid and bottom half of the conference permanently. The CUSA, Big East, and AAC were different as no one recruited great and it was generally all about coaching. And we usually could have a talent advantage when we recruited the right way.

When Bobby left, he didn't leave us without good 1st string talent, his exited gutted our depth. His players transferred outta here quick. He left us empty in the trenches. He gave up and we essentially didn't have a 2019 class. Scott had a later start to get into the 2020 class. He has had to patch the roster with juco guys too. This class now gives him a group of guys he can work with on both sides of the ball.

2023 is the year to see what our ceiling is going to be as a team under Satt. This year & next might be down, but I'm going to look at progress, which the W/L record won't fully show. This year wasn't great, but I saw a defense grow up and the offensive line become formidable. Now we just need size and talent and develop them into good players.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cardinal Cash
They filled their needs with players that fit their schemes. I really don’t think they will ever consistently be in the Top 30 in recruiting. They need limited the attrition in the roster. The only way to build a program at Louisville is for it to always be an experienced group. You can do that by identifying lower ranked kids early in the process.

I think they understand how to build a roster. I love how they use the PWO. Players get over looked low risk high reward. That can only help with high school coaches.

So we've gotten to the finish line!

Here is how we did on all of the site
247 Composite # 38, # 9 in the ACC
247 site rankings # 36, # 9 in the ACC
Rivals # 27, # 5 in the ACC
ESPN #40, # 9 in the ACC

22 Signees
1 Four Star
19 Three Stars + Reece Jesse
3 Transfers

7 Defensive Backs (counting Edwards here) + 1 transfer
4 Defensive Ends
2 Linebackers
1 Defensive Tackle

2 Offensive Linemen + 1 transfer
2 Tight-Ends
2 Wide Outs + 3 star PWO Reece Jesse
1 Running Back
1 Quarterback + 1 transfer

The rankings aren't adding in Reece Jesse which needs to be updated, or am I missing something @Dave Lackford ?

Overall, it's a big class. It's not special or game changing, but just what we needed. I think adding 7 DBs shows where Satt knows we're lacking & 5 guys on the dline too. Our current group of guys are playing hard and setting a good example, but they are limited.

We have to consistently be getting better recruits or we're going to fall back into the mid and bottom half of the conference permanently. The CUSA, Big East, and AAC were different as no one recruited great and it was generally all about coaching. And we usually could have a talent advantage when we recruited the right way.

When Bobby left, he didn't leave us without good 1st string talent, his exited gutted our depth. His players transferred outta here quick. He left us empty in the trenches. He gave up and we essentially didn't have a 2019 class. Scott had a later start to get into the 2020 class. He has had to patch the roster with juco guys too. This class now gives him a group of guys he can work with on both sides of the ball.

2023 is the year to see what our ceiling is going to be as a team under Satt. This year & next might be down, but I'm going to look at progress, which the W/L record won't fully show. This year wasn't great, but I saw a defense grow up and the offensive line become formidable. Now we just need size and talent and develop them into good players.
We’ve always done a lot with a moderate amount of talent.

also, keep in mind that this class did not get nearly the evaluation in camps as a typical class. I like the staff’s talent evaluation.

on film, this class is a great class defensively. 2022 class needs to be big on offense.

We’ve always done a lot with a moderate amount of talent.

also, keep in mind that this class did not get nearly the evaluation in camps as a typical class. I like the staff’s talent evaluation.

on film, this class is a great class defensively. 2022 class needs to be big on offense.
But we can’t assume history as this is a new staff and the ACC is a big conference. This is a “prove it” style of class.

If Satt can win with middle to low tier ACC talent, we’ll be going pretty far. But, if the talent gap shows then it will really show how much stronger our recruiting will need to rise.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT