ADVERTISEMENT

Selling 4 great 3rd row seats at face...

lauscojam

Getting the Hang of It
Sep 27, 2006
Sec 126 on the goal line (no players blocking view) The game is different when you are that close.

Problem with selling/buying season tickets as I see it is that you can pretty much go to any game you want as/is for a reasonable price. No need to go in for what amounts to a donation and be tied down to watching 2-3 crummy games a year. I go to all the premium games or just when I feel like going and come out way ahead.

Problem with selling/buying season tickets as I see it is that you can pretty much go to any game you want as/is for a reasonable price. No need to go in for what amounts to a donation and be tied down to watching 2-3 crummy games a year. I go to all the premium games or just when I feel like going and come out way ahead.

Which is why you’re probably not a FB fan. I like FB so I’ll watch anyone we play. We have so few games and the season flies by so darn fast.

Which is why you’re probably not a FB fan. I like FB so I’ll watch anyone we play. We have so few games and the season flies by so darn fast.

Wrong. Huge football fan. But there's a limit to what I'm willing to pay to go see vs watching multiple games on tv.

Wrong. Huge football fan. But there's a limit to what I'm willing to pay to go see vs watching multiple games on tv.

Really? Strange philosophy for a UofL fan. Nothing beats the atmosphere on game day, really doesn’t matter who we’re playing. But to each their own.

Reactions: TDredbird
Well aren't you boys special. That's great if that's what you want to do, but most people - even diehard Cards football and football fans in general - like myself, don't see the necessity in buying season tickets when you come out better financially buying high interest games on the secondary market. As much as I love Cards football, I occasionally have better things to do on Saturday than sit in the stadium for every snap of the Murray State game.

Hardly alone here as attendance numbers across the nation have been in decline for the better part of a decade.Buying season tickets is fine, but not necessarily common sense driven for many fans.

Well aren't you boys special. That's great if that's what you want to do, but most people - even diehard Cards football and football fans in general - like myself, don't see the necessity in buying season tickets when you come out better financially buying high interest games on the secondary market. As much as I love Cards football, I occasionally have better things to do on Saturday than sit in the stadium for every snap of the Murray State game.

Hardly alone here as attendance numbers across the nation have been in decline for the better part of a decade.Buying season tickets is fine, but not necessarily common sense driven for many fans.

My season tickets since 1982 are a commitment to build & sustain progress in football just as much as my general donation to academics does for the university.

I doesn’t make me special, to use your word, it just means I helped build the program & you are merely enjoying the fruits of the efforts of those before you. Rather than insult us you might consider a thank you. We grew football so you could have that choice.

My season tickets since 1982 are a commitment to build & sustain progress in football just as much as my general donation to academics does for the university.

I doesn’t make me special, to use your word, it just means I helped build the program & you are merely enjoying the fruits of the efforts of those before you. Rather than insult us you might consider a thank you. We grew football so you could have that choice.

Well, before you get too self-righteous, it might help to know that I had season tickets as a student and at least five consecutive years after graduating. Being a mid-tier season ticket holder helps the program, but I doubt they are missing my 1200 bucks that much

Well, before you get too self-righteous, it might help to know that I had season tickets as a student and at least five consecutive years after graduating. Being a mid-tier season ticket holder helps the program, but I doubt they are missing my 1200 bucks that much

Tried hard to not be self-righteous. I was more kind than the guy who called others “special” & insinuated they were foolish by thinking of the common good of the program.

OOPS!

Reactions: TDredbird
The special comment was in response to someone in this thread who suggested I wasnt much of a fan because I didn't see the financial sense in buying season tickets. It was a warranted snide remark

You’re wrong because if the so called mid major ticket holders don’t buy tickets and don’t attend games what’s the point of having a stadium? Or a team? What if everyone has your thought process? Who would show up? There’s probably 35,000 to 40,000 hardcore UofL FB fans and our fan base continues to grow. Whether your a big FB fan I don’t know. Talk is cheap and anyone can claim to be anything. Only you know. As far as self righteous well you to sound pretty self righteous yourself. I was a football fan long before I knew BB even existed. Although I’m a fan of both. I enjoy the atmosphere; tailgating with my friends and being in the stadium. Of course we get together for the away games too. Whether we’re playing Murray or Bama I’m there. It’s FB. It’s the Cards. Enough said.

Won't argue that season ticket holders aren't important. They clearly are. Was just expressing the point that for financial and practical purposes, I prefer the secondary market. Some people will argue about anything

Won't argue that season ticket holders aren't important. They clearly are. Was just expressing the point that for financial and practical purposes, I prefer the secondary market. Some people will argue about anything

I understand the secondary market and I also understand the fact some people can’t afford season tickets, but your comment was I’m not attending the crummy games therefore I don’t buy season tickets. Basically you only attend the marquee games. No one was arguing the secondary market. That attitude wouldn’t have gotten our FB program to where it is today. But hey if your in the stands for any games that’s a good thing. So, if you weren’t interested in the tickets why comment at all? You spurred on the debate. But it’s all good everyone has a right to their opinion.

I wouldn't say "only marquee games" but I rarely go see us play an FCS team. Last year I was one of 100 or so fans that watched all of the rain soaked Syracuse game. Bought those tickets on secondary market while all you season ticket boys were no shows

I wouldn't say "only marquee games" but I rarely go see us play an FCS team. Last year I was one of 100 or so fans that watched all of the rain soaked Syracuse game. Bought those tickets on secondary market while all you season ticket boys were no shows

I haven’t missed a game in years and I was there also and there were far more than 100 fans it was just over 34,000. So, you were there in the rain. The season ticket holders “so called” no shows fund the program whether they’re there or not. I also sat thru the UC game our last year in the AAC (Which was far worse than the CUSE game) along with many games over the years good matchups or not. Okay you attend games that you choose. I attend all games. Your choice. As I said earlier it’s a free country.

I have no problem with how someone gets tickets or how much they will or won't pay. I'm there myself. I have a big problem with so-called "fans" who CHOOSE to stay home from games...

Reactions: CardsFirst
I have no problem with how someone gets tickets or how much they will or won't pay. I'm there myself. I have a big problem with so-called "fans" who CHOOSE to stay home from games...

Admire your passion, but I guess this means you'd have a problem with almost all our fans. For one reason or another, most fans of any given team choose not to attend every single game. Maybe they'd like a Saturday off. Maybe the game itself does not warrant spending an entire day tailgating and watching the home team dominate some undermatched opponent. Personally, there are times I simply prefer watching on TV when I could be at the stadium. Doesn't make me a bad fan. In point of fact, I've watched or listened to 95 percent of all Cardinal football snaps since around 1991 when I was 10 years old.

Admire your passion, but I guess this means you'd have a problem with almost all our fans. For one reason or another, most fans of any given team choose not to attend every single game. Maybe they'd like a Saturday off. Maybe the game itself does not warrant spending an entire day tailgating and watching the home team dominate some undermatched opponent. Personally, there are times I simply prefer watching on TV when I could be at the stadium. Doesn't make me a bad fan. In point of fact, I've watched or listened to 95 percent of all Cardinal football snaps since around 1991 when I was 10 years old.
Then you're not as big a fan as you think you are. If finances are an issue, your health, where you live, those factors take the choice out of your hands in whole or in part.

If you simply choose to sit home regularly and you could otherwise go, you're kind of a half-a$$ed fan. I'm not saying you're bad, your vote doesn't count, or you're worthless. Those are extremes. But you are a little half-a$$ed, almost by definition...

Like I said, you are basically calling out 98 percent or more of the fan base then. King of judgmental and just flat out wrong to tell someone else how and where they should enjoy the game and provide their support. There's nothing "half-assed" about choosing not to attend every home game you are physically able to attend. Your opinions themselves are the only half-assed thing around here.

If I was still local I would have season tix by now. I do try to get to 1-2 games (this year it will be Alabama and BC) and maybe even back to the Ville for a game. I appreciate those who help build the program with donations, etc. I didn’t attend UL as a student (worked there as a fellow and lived in Louisville for many years) so I adopted the Cards and it has stuck. I love an underdog like Louisville, and you who have helped build the program have my thanks and respect.

Okay, how about 2 tickets at face and I pay donation. Incredible seats, new era, Notre Dame next up!!!

C’mon! Do It!

i personally do not enjoy going to a football game no matter the price or opponent and am somehow those who do are better fans?. i personally find the seats uncomfortable to sit for three to four hours hours, concession prices too expensive and lines way too long with crappy tv's to see replays, the sound system blares so loud if you are anywhere above ground level that you need earplugs to avoid headaches, parking sucks if you don't have a pass, and the total time spent from the moment i left my house until i return is close to six hours on generally a fall weekend when there are tons of other things to be done. and then throw in noon games and no way i'm rushing out of the house first thing in the morning to experience that when i've got a 65" tv with commercial skip, slow motion replay, incredibly cheap drinks, new leather sofa, and i can do yard work during halftime. but i still watch every game and bleed when they lose but hey i 'm not as big a fan because i think spending my money on more efficient means of enjoyment is smarter. simply, my income doesn't allow me to just overpay for tickets and give extra money to a university. if i had that kind of money i'd be feeding the hungry and setting up scholarships for inner city and at risk kids not overpaying for football tickets

i personally do not enjoy going to a football game no matter the price or opponent and am somehow those who do are better fans?. i personally find the seats uncomfortable to sit for three to four hours hours, concession prices too expensive and lines way too long with crappy tv's to see replays, the sound system blares so loud if you are anywhere above ground level that you need earplugs to avoid headaches, parking sucks if you don't have a pass, and the total time spent from the moment i left my house until i return is close to six hours on generally a fall weekend when there are tons of other things to be done. and then throw in noon games and no way i'm rushing out of the house first thing in the morning to experience that when i've got a 65" tv with commercial skip, slow motion replay, incredibly cheap drinks, new leather sofa, and i can do yard work during halftime. but i still watch every game and bleed when they lose but hey i 'm not as big a fan because i think spending my money on more efficient means of enjoyment is smarter. simply, my income doesn't allow me to just overpay for tickets and give extra money to a university. if i had that kind of money i'd be feeding the hungry and setting up scholarships for inner city and at risk kids not overpaying for football tickets
Nah, I just think you can’t put your video game controller down...

Reactions: zipp and teamcanada
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT