ADVERTISEMENT

Selection Committee Got It Wrong

yum center

One-Star Poster
Mar 17, 2011
I think with the way the Cards are rolling through the NIT, plus the fact that we beat Florida State twice (who are now in the sweet sixteen), it's pretty clear that the selection committee dropped the ball by not putting us in the tournament.

Reactions: Cardinal Cash
It' oobvious that the pod system is terrible. Rpi has been accurate all year. They should have never gotten away from it. Too much emphasis on early season wins and home conference wins. Oklahoma, Arizona St., Mizzu, Arkansas, and Auburn didn't belong in the tournament. Mizzu beat nobody out of conference and Auburns best win out of conference was mtsu, which they barely beat. Pod system sucks.

And, if I'm not mistaken, 6 of our losses were to teams who are currently in the sweet sixteen. Those are not bad losses like the selection committee says they look for every year.

Reactions: Cue Card
And, if I'm not mistaken, 6 of our losses were to teams who are currently in the sweet sixteen. Those are not bad losses like the selection committee says they look for every year.
Correct. And the other 7 were to teams in the Dance. So it's not like we lost to anybody bad. We just didn't beat enough good teams.

Reactions: BooneCo_Card
We did lose games that we should have won and they are too numerous to go thru now as we all know which ones they are. However, my question is did having a uahkay representative on the committee have anything to do with our “exclusion”. It’s worth a journalistic investigation but that probably won’t happen as most of those folks are pretty much gutless. They are afraid they’ll get the same treatment that a certain referee received.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

I think with the way the Cards are rolling through the NIT, plus the fact that we beat Florida State twice (who are now in the sweet sixteen), it's pretty clear that the selection committee dropped the ball by not putting us in the tournament.

It is what it is. There are a few "deserving" teams every year who get left out. It was Louisville's turn this year. However, 13 losses with few quality wins is not good.

Last edited:
It is impossible to evaluate teams for the tournament. The biggest problem is all the out of conference games are early. Once you get into conference it is really tough to evaluate how good a team is or isn't other than who did you beat.

The flaw in the system is it doesn't look at who you lost too and how you lost. Losses were completely ignored this year. There was no way Louisville was getting in based in who they beat. It really made it easy on the committee. However, if you looked at their losses, Clemson, Miami, Syracuse, and Virginia, they were 1 shot/1 play from winning all those games. Basically, Louisville's entire year came down to not making a basketball play at the end of a game. It was one of those years where they didn't make a play.

UofL was not considered. FBI+Hookers+lack of clear-cut obvious Top 25 resume placed the Cards resume in the shredder before the selection committee had their morning coffee. Same for USC, and OK St.

Committee knew they were getting "it wrong" but their goal was not to "get it right" in terms of taking the most deserving teams based on the "on-court performance" only.

Thay took our banner in February, and they’re going to invite us to win another in March? What if we’d have won it all? How would they look?

You seriously think they wanted us in?

We were out if there was ANY reason to keep us out. Beating UVA wouldn’t have done it. No way to prove it, but I’d have bet money on it.

They did not want us in.

Reactions: shadow force
We did lose games that we should have won and they are too numerous to go thru now as we all know which ones they are. However, my question is did having a uahkay representative on the committee have anything to do with our “exclusion”. It’s worth a journalistic investigation but that probably won’t happen as most of those folks are pretty much gutless. They are afraid they’ll get the same treatment that a certain referee received.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!
No doubt in my mind Barnfart was not there to do us ANY favors.He was getting wood as he "X"ed our name out of any brackets, make no mistake about it. Guys the biggest dork in the country as far as AD s go.

Reactions: gocds
The Selection Committee has definitely gotten political and it is obvious to everyone. The problem is they so many variables for selecting teams that they can hide behind their picks. Let's get some set rules in place and stick to them.

Thay took our banner in February, and they’re going to invite us to win another in March? What if we’d have won it all? How would they look?

You seriously think they wanted us in?

We were out if there was ANY reason to keep us out. Beating UVA wouldn’t have done it. No way to prove it, but I’d have bet money on it.

They did not want us in.

The Cards weren't even the selection committee's first four out. Beating UVA maybe would have gotten them there, but they still would have been out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT