ADVERTISEMENT

Sean Moth leaving

Hate to hear this, but at least he will still be on the baseball broadcasts.

Heard it wasn't exactly voluntary, similar to Mark Crabtree.

Sean Moth leaving UofL
I did not like him at first but he kind of grew on me. He had a tough act to follow...John Tong, a Louisville Legend.
Sean seemed very prepared and was easy to understand. It took a while to get on board with “GOOD FOR ANOTHER CARD’S FIRST DOWN” but I finally came around.

Reactions: Cincycard80
Hate to hear this, but at least he will still be on the baseball broadcasts.

Heard it wasn't exactly voluntary, similar to Mark Crabtree...
If it was anything like Crabtree's situation, it definitely wasn't voluntary. Nor would it have been handled professionally...

I’m not exactly sure how old Sean Moth is but he has been at “this” for a long time. Perhaps it’s just time for him to cut back and partially retire. IF anyone has any other information about this situation then bring it forward, but if you are just rumor mongering, or you have an agenda of anti-UofL/Tyra, then you can leave that crap at the door.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! May God Bless America!!!

Reactions: CardX
I’m not exactly sure how old Sean Moth is but he has been at “this” for a long time. Perhaps it’s just time for him to cut back and partially retire. IF anyone has any other information about this situation then bring it forward, but if you are just rumor mongering, or you have an agenda of anti-UofL/Tyra, then you can leave that crap at the door.

I did see video of Sean talking about his exit. He is 50 yrs old and has been doing this for 30 yrs. He works 50-60 hrs a week and he is ready to do something else. All the nights, weekends, travel has become grueling.

When you look at ALL the sports he worked in for UofL and mc'ing he was one busy man. He was very PC in all his answers. He plans to continue the radio for UofL Baseball and find another job in Louisville.

Reactions: gocds
I did see video of Sean talking about his exit. He is 50 yrs old and has been doing this for 30 yrs. He works 50-60 hrs a week and he is ready to do something else. All the nights, weekends, travel has become grueling.

When you look at ALL the sports he worked in for UofL and mc'ing he was one busy man. He was very PC in all his answers. He plans to continue the radio for UofL Baseball and find another job in Louisville.

Thanks for your response PHCARD. I just don’t want those with “agendas” starting the rumor mill spinning. From what you said it appears that Mr. Moth made an “early” retirement decision while looking for new things to do. IF there were issues with the administration at UofL then, yes, perhaps there would be a reason to question “things”, but that does not seem to be the case. In any case, I want to give Sean Moth my best and thank him for all he did for UofL athletics. A real enjoyable pro.

The OP mentioned our recently "retired" golf coach, and I do know about that situation as evidently EMBO does. At this point, it doesn't take an agenda to connect the dots.

And no, gocards, you're not getting that info put on a free message board--you of all people know how to reach me if you want to know more (which I doubt). If there is anything professional about the way these separations are being handled, it's been from the guys most affected. Definitely not from their former employer.

My prediction is we'll see another old timer nearing actual retirement with a long tenure and salary to match--Kenny Klein--in the headlines. And he will take his death sentence professionally as well.

For the time being and with new heads starting to roll, I'm expanding the qualifications for this group...

former_coaches

Uh, no thanks Mr. Agenda!!!

I did not like him at first but he kind of grew on me. He had a tough act to follow...John Tong, a Louisville Legend.
Sean seemed very prepared and was easy to understand. It took a while to get on board with “GOOD FOR ANOTHER CARD’S FIRST DOWN” but I finally came around.
John Tong was the best ever! No over the top stuff, just great game calling. Goal by Ellison! Welcome to Freedom Hall!

John Tong was the best I was watching Louisville vs Memphis State back in the day in Memphis. The game was in Freedom Hall and he started the game off with “ Good evening ladies and gentlemen and welcome to Freedom Hall for the thrills and excitement of college basketball “. Everybody in Memphis liked his presentation of the game.

I still remember being at the games and him saying “ goal by Unseld”. I hated it when he retired to me he was a good memory. Sean came in and it took me a while to get used to him but I did. I don’t blame Sean for wanting to slow down and be at home more.

This makes sense. He called FB, MB, and WB all at the same time. Can you imagine how busy he would be. Another point could be that he was an employee of UofL most announcers are contract to include the great John Tong. It could be with the current situation that Vince wanted to return to that model. Let’s see how the new guy is handled. That could give a little insight. Given the fact he’s still calling the baseball games it doesn’t sound like he’s bitter. That’s good enough for me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT