ADVERTISEMENT

Screw You Dabo

SiouxfallsEric13

One-Star Poster
Sep 3, 2018
So once again Dabo goes off running his mouth. Said yesterday that Clemson didn't play anybody, well way to through your whole conference under the bus. I know many on here act like we have to kiss the ring still of the "blue bloods" of the ACC. But for Dabo to say that yesterday was un called for in my book. If anything he should be defending the ACC not helping to pile on. Also if he is so worried about the teams in the ACC bringing their worth into question than how about you schedule some tougher opponents out of conference Dabo.

Reactions: cardfan16
You can’t defend the ACC when you are crushing all the teams. It would be different if every game was close I think his tune would change. He has to separate Clemson from the ACC because that is the national narrative. A narrative you can’t really argue.

So once again Dabo goes off running his mouth. Said yesterday that Clemson didn't play anybody, well way to through your whole conference under the bus. I know many on here act like we have to kiss the ring still of the "blue bloods" of the ACC. But for Dabo to say that yesterday was un called for in my book. If anything he should be defending the ACC not helping to pile on. Also if he is so worried about the teams in the ACC bringing their worth into question than how about you schedule some tougher opponents out of conference Dabo.
He plays South Carolina and played Texas A&M too. He's not far off about the ACC this year.

You can’t defend the ACC when you are crushing all the teams. It would be different if every game was close I think his tune would change. He has to separate Clemson from the ACC because that is the national narrative. A narrative you can’t really argue.
I will argue it from this stand point, that there has been coaching changes all over the conference. He could have simply addressed that instead of just making it sound like the ACC was garbage for no reason. We are luckily the exception to the rule twice now, where as we have hired a new coach and seen progress. It is going to take time for other Coaches to recruit and get their teams back to a competitive position. But it still doesn't mute my point about Dabo scheduling better teams out of conference.

USC lite is thrash and Texas A & M are not world beaters this year either so sorry. Watch The OSU Or LSU is going to smash Clemson.

I don’t believe that for a moment. You’ll be surprised how Clemson performs against any competition, especially at this time of year.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: CardsFirst
The conference realignment was basically ser up for FSU-Miami to dominate.

Miami hasnt come close to their glory days.

VT and Clemson were supposed to challenge every now and then.

Clemson has more than done it.
VT, not.

Also not having ND as a full time member hurt the ACC this year.
The ACC will be back next year.

Last edited:
And KerryRhodes there will be serious improvement in the ACC for next season. VT, Miami, NC, FSU (with new coach) and Louisville will ALL be better and improved next season. And in two years, watch out . . . .

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Clemson is an elite team. The ACC sucks. Two things can be equally true.

Clemson will play in the 2/3 game. UCF went undefeated for 2 straight years and didn’t get a chance, so things could be worse for Dabo. He’s in the playoffs and now he gets a month to prepare for a good tOSU team.

Clemson is an elite team. The ACC sucks. Two things can be equally true.

Clemson will play in the 2/3 game. UCF went undefeated for 2 straight years and didn’t get a chance, so things could be worse for Dabo. He’s in the playoffs and now he gets a month to prepare for a good tOSU team.
My

I am old school. If I walked into a friends house and they were running down my family I wouldn't then turn around and start running them down too. I get that Clemson is the cream of the ACC for right now but have some f*cking grace about it. Ten years ago Clemson wasn't even the best team in that state.

My

I am old school. If I walked into a friends house and they were running down my family I wouldn't then turn around and start running them down too. I get that Clemson is the cream of the ACC for right now but have some f*cking grace about it. Ten years ago Clemson wasn't even the best team in that state.
I don’t like Clemson and don’t cheer for them. He’s a jerk and his team was classless in 2016 the way they tried to hurt Lamar.

He has a good team, but I hope Ohio State runs him off the field.

Reactions: SiouxfallsEric13
Clemson can schedule tougher OOC games anytime they want. ACC has had 2 down years, but that wont last much longer. Their cross conference rival is GT and then they schedule 2-3 patsies every year. Tell your AD step up........big boy.

Reactions: SiouxfallsEric13
Clemson can schedule tougher OOC games anytime they want. ACC has had 2 down years, but that wont last much longer. Their cross conference rival is GT and then they schedule 2-3 patsies every year. Tell your AD step up........big boy.
If the rest of the ACC would step up their game CU wouldn’t have to get tougher OOC. $EC teams don’t worry about it and their East Div sucks.

The schedules are often made years in advance. You can’t know when it’s going to be “easier”.

And to be honest, we got where we are by having “soft” conferences then beating up the one “big boy” in a bowl game. We could aim at those games.

Now we SHOULD have to bring it every week. We won’t be able to help it if we win the conference in a down year.

But I’ll take it :p

I didn't see Dabo's interview. He said Clemson didn't play anybody? I guess it all depends on what your definition of "anybody" is. If he means he didn't play a Top 10 team all year, it's hard to argue that. Maybe his choice of words was poor, but it sounds like he's basically speaking the truth so I can't fault him too much.

I prefer the honesty to the old days when Lou Holtz would tell us about that powerful Navy team coming in to play the Irish.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT