ADVERTISEMENT

Satterfield mentioned for South Carolina job

This is totally unfounded but I wonder how his wife and family adjusted to living in Louisville, especially with all of the civil unrest surrounding Breonna Taylor and just the violence that seems to plague the city? If you have small or young children, you certainly have to wonder if the environment is safe for them. It’s not always about money. You have to think about family.

Reactions: PHCARD
NC, I've often felt there was a big change that happened within the program from last year from the top down. My intuition said, something isn't right. It's all been to much to bare from a fan standpoint.

Reactions: rh62531
This is totally unfounded but I wonder how his wife and family adjusted to living in Louisville, especially with all of the civil unrest surrounding Breonna Taylor and just the violence that seems to plague the city? If you have small or young children, you certainly have to wonder if the environment is safe for them. It’s not always about money. You have to think about family.

With a crime rate of 61 per one thousand residents, Columbia has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes - from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One's chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 17.

The entire country, even rural areas were rocked by unrest this year. Having visited Columbia on more than one occasion, I can tell you, you probably don't want to live there.

Reactions: zipp
My thoughts are that Satterfield would be a great hire for them, but their fans are crazy & want a big name to compete with Dabo. If our own fanbase isn't sold on Scott, what makes you think SC would be screaming for him after the record of this season? He's not gonna be offered unless their first 3-4 guys say no.

I think they made the gamble that most programs won't risk making a big firing during financial uncertainty, so they're going to be EARLY to get a head start on getting the best name.

They're going to start with Hugh Freeze, Luke Fickell, & Bill O'Brien. They are competing with the Clemson powerhouse, who they were better than just 7 years ago & they believe they should compete with them now.

His agent Jimmy Sexton out there floating Satterfield’s name.
Well, that's part of an agent's job- promote your client. Sexton is particularly renowned for doing that, however. Satterfield knows that. He's not here long term is the sense I get.

I like Satterfield, he built up a lot of capital with me last year. But, I think a currently 2-6 coach would be a hard sell to an SEC fanbase. They'd want to fire him by the end of the Spring game. But then again, I couldn't believed they hired Muschamp so what do I know?

Reactions: zipp
This is South Carolina. A team that hired will muschamp after he couldnt compete with all the talent in Fla. Dont under estimate those jacklegs down there.

Just me...but he would do better to stay at Louisville. South Carolina football fans aren't the most patient group in the world, and that recruiting base is likely shrinking even more.
This season is almost a throw away season...don't know for sure if you play or not, can't tell when Covid will decimate a team, can't even tell if anyone will be at the game.
I have no clue who SC Jr will shoot for....what I CAN say 's the school apparently felt Muschamp would do better at South Carolina with THAT recruiting base than he did at Florida.....which kinda tells you there's a reality check missing.

Reactions: Mayoman
I like Satterfield, he built up a lot of capital with me last year. But, I think a currently 2-6 coach would be a hard sell to an SEC fanbase. They'd want to fire him by the end of the Spring game. But then again, I couldn't believed they hired Muschamp so what do I know?
Agree 100%. You'd have to love Satterfield in South Carolina to say he's a great hire coming off of this season here. He may have otherwise had a good shot at that job, but I don't see it happening at this time...

First of all they live in Prospect, not Portland, Butchertown or Nulu. Secondly, they have no young children. All the Satterfield kids are college age.

I know where they live - Mayberry on big-time financial steroids. They’re neighbors with Chris Mack & Eric Wood, their development is nicely tucked away from violence and reality. Also, coaches at this level live in a bubble and not just recently - they’ve always lived in a small world surrounded by family and other coaches.

Reactions: vivid_red
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT