ADVERTISEMENT

Satterfield does not get the rivalry...

ULSports

Five-Star Poster
May 29, 2001
He has no clue....he gets this one loss to UK...but never again....or he can leave.

You never pat Stoops on the back....that ticked me off.

Last edited:
Reactions: CardX
No matter how improve they are compared to lastseason, this is still Petrino's team, get Satt's players next season and it'll look different.

OR get a new DC cause there was sorry mistackling all game.

Reactions: SpotHogCard
If he shats the bed in this or any other game, he’ll get the same results...

This incoming class isn't what you think it is.
Exactly fielding a really competitive defense is 2 to 3 years away. Louisville doesn’t recruit well enough to play true freshman along either line. They need time to build the roster on defense.

Reactions: Deeva
This was the first rivalry game he has ever been in as a player or coach. Now he knows what to expect.

This was the first rivalry game he has ever been in as a player or coach. Now he knows what to expect.

Stoops running a flea flicker in the 4th quarter with a big lead- he gets it. It was BS, but that’s rivalry football. Satt: let’s all be friends and do our best. He needs some edge. Get mean, coach.

I’d rather have a job following John Schnatter around mopping up his greasy sweat than lose to UK in football but I’m not surprised they manhandled our defense. Syracuse was constantly running deep into our back 7 before even being touched last week.

I’m not going to let this ruin what was a special turnaround season but we are definitely facing our first coaching staff decision with Brown. We didn’t even compete defensively in the 2nd half.

Javian Hawkins is about the only Cardinal player or coach that can hold his head high after this debacle.

Reactions: zipp
This incoming class isn't what you think it is.
The incoming class may not be ready to make a jump to being elite in game 1 next fall, but just having more depth will be so much better than this.

We return a lot too and add some guys to back the up, it won’t be elite next season, but a lot better. If you couldn’t tell, every 4th quarter this year we just were out of gas. There wasn’t enough bodies and guys were out of position. The next class just adds bodies and guys built for the new system.

Here’s how bad our run defense was today:
Uk averaged 12.9 yards per carry (40-517).

Compare that to Uk rushing yards per carry average playing against 3 of the sorriest teams in the country, Arkansas, Vanderbilt and FCS team UT Martin: 8.3. And yes, they had Bowden at QB against all 3.

Here are the national rankings of those 3 run defenses:

122 Arkansas
110 Vanderbilt
N/A UT Martin (FCS)

This was beyond ugly even with starting a 3rd string Strong Safety. I love Satterfield and this was definitely a bad matchup for us but this was also a case of him not having his team ready to play in this nasty rivalry.

Bobby got the rivalry and loved the trash talk. And he was a classless person.

Scott is a class act and that’s who he is, he’s not a fake tough guy. He respects his opponents and i don’t want him to change for anyone.
A couple of years of seeing Stupes' shenanigans up close and personal may cause him to reconsider. He may not outwardly show it, but he will see why John L. called them Bluebellies and CBP used the term Slapd!cks.

It's gonna take time for Satterfield to develop physical depth on the lines.

Be patient Card fans, this is a 4-5 year process

Reactions: BooneCo_Card
A couple of years of seeing Stupes' shenanigans up close and personal may cause him to reconsider. He may not outwardly show it, but he will see why John L. called them Bluebellies and CBP used the term Slapd!cks.

I didn't know Zipp and BP shared this insight. :D

What you feel and how you act in public are 2 different things. Scott is the personification of CLASS. Speaks softly, but carry a big stick, that’s the style CSS carries our team with.

Charlie in public was nice to Joker and didn’t talk junk, but remember in the locker room when he told them they’d never beat us again and he beat them down 3 years in a row.

Give it 1-2 yeas and Scott will be blowing them out again. Look at App State, took a bit of an adjustment and then they became a national power at a mid major school. It’s gonna happen and those Ls down will be replaced with smiles turning to frowns.

I don't give a damn about these "roster" excuses.

If this team isn't playing better defense next year, there should be coaching changes on that side of the ball.

Most of us have been U of L fans long enough to recognize bad defensive coaching, i.e., we're experienced...

He has no clue....he gets this one loss to UK...but never again....or he can leave.

You never pat Stoops on the back....that ticked me off.

I agree. He didn’t get it. You can tell how the team played. UK was ready and hyped up. We were playing like we played Syracuse. Plus, complaining to Stoops about the L’s down said it all.

but, I bet he gets it now. Watching UK players pose with the L’s down. Stoops running up the score, etc.

Actually, I think there were several games in which he and some of the staff might have been a little overwhelmed. But that’s to be expected.

Hopefully after this ass whopping we/he just took he’ll understand not only the rivalry a little bit better, but also the type of players he’s going to need to take this team to the next level

I agree. He didn’t get it. You can tell how the team played. UK was ready and hyped up. We were playing like we played Syracuse. Plus, complaining to Stoops about the L’s down said it all.

but, I bet he gets it now. Watching UK players pose with the L’s down. Stoops running up the score, etc.

Actually, I think there were several games in which he and some of the staff might have been a little overwhelmed. But that’s to be expected.

Hopefully after this ass whopping we/he just took he’ll understand not only the rivalry a little bit better, but also the type of players he’s going to need to take this team to the next level

CSS actually said something to stoops about Ls down? If he did, I find that to be wussish.

If this team isn't playing better defense next year, there should be coaching changes on that side of the ball.

Most of us have been U of L fans long enough to recognize bad defensive coaching, i.e., we're experienced...

There were huge scheme issues against UK. Brown made a few adjustments and then inexplicably went away from those. And we had some terrible pass coverage technique against Wake and especially against Miami. However to discount the roster issues is silly. We have a converted DB playing linebacker. We have a d-line that only has two legitimate P5 guys. We are undersized at virtually ever position. Our tackling improved this season but the lack of strength was fully on display yesterday with our d-line getting blown up and then backers and safeties looking like armless players trying to make tackles. It’s no secret that Petrino’s m.o. was to make sure the offensive side was stocked first. Now it’s on Satt and Brown to stock up the defensive side and get some balance.

Reactions: vivid_red
There were huge scheme issues against UK. Brown made a few adjustments and then inexplicably went away from those. And we had some terrible pass coverage technique against Wake and especially against Miami. However to discount the roster issues is silly. We have a converted DB playing linebacker. We have a d-line that only has two legitimate P5 guys. We are undersized at virtually ever position. Our tackling improved this season but the lack of strength was fully on display yesterday with our d-line getting blown up and then backers and safeties looking like armless players trying to make tackles. It’s no secret that Petrino’s m.o. was to make sure the offensive side was stocked first. Now it’s on Satt and Brown to stock up the defensive side and get some balance.
Not positive but their defensive philosophy is built on speed not size which is why they converted the DB to LB. What they don’t understand is that now DL are not just big but very mobile. They pushed us back on almost every play. It was like a moving wall until the RB broke out and then all the poor tackling or even in position to make a tackle. Honeymoon is over.

I hope yesterday was a good motivating factor to get better on D so we don't get our asses handed to us and laughed at and ridiculed in the process.

Reactions: Mayoman
This isn't the first staff that has converted a DB or safety to linebacker. It happens routinely and usually with the goal of making the team better, not worse.

And I never said the defense had the best personnel. A problem like ours usually has a more complex solution than just coaching or roster. Both better improve next year to the point where this defense is playing markedly better.

Most of our losses (3/5) this year are hard to explain in hindsight. That's not what you want if you simply prepared and fought hard but were outgunned...

This isn't the first staff that has converted a DB or safety to linebacker. It happens routinely and usually with the goal of making the team better, not worse.

And I never said the defense had the best personnel. A problem like ours usually has a more complex solution than just coaching or roster. Both better improve next year to the point where this defense is playing markedly better.

Most of our losses (3/5) this year are hard to explain in hindsight. That's not what you want if you simply prepared and fought hard but were outgunned...

Usually the goal is to recruit a linebacker with the speed and size to play the scheme you run. Rodjay Burns was a cornerback at Ohio State. He is the first linebacker that returns punts since Brian Urlacher did for New Mexico.

Really? How exactly do you recognize bad coaching and separate it from roster shortcomings?

I thought it was odd that Louisville had subs in towards the end of the game and sUcK kept their starters in until the end of the game. I guess that is what as meant by running up the score, I hope CSS has a long memory and when our turn comes we keep our starters in until the end of the game. How do you not run up the score you take your starters out.

Really? How exactly do you recognize bad coaching and separate it from roster shortcomings?
Like I told you, you're confusing cooking with eating.

And did you ask the coaching experts in this space the last couple years so critical of Petrino and his coaches the same question? My guess is no...

Its funny how hard you are on to Satterfield compared to petrino. Somehow its okay to go 2-10 with the same players plus a few more than the next coach went 7-5 with. And Satterfield is the one we need to question somehow. Your agenda is really showing here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT