ADVERTISEMENT

Satterfield crushing the Presser

His sons are studs....both play ball. Bet they go to one of the local private schools and that will help lock that shit down as far as recruiting our local guys. He sounds like he is strait up opening the program, practice and anything to the local high school coaches, players, media and fans.

The days of coaches poaching our local kids may soon be over .

This guy Fing nailed it and the culture here is about to change majorly. Pretty damn excited .Our athletics program is something we can be proud of and are lead by high quality people.

I heard some of his press conference while I was driving when he was talking about changing the culture...very impressive and easy to root for.

All rivalry talk aside, got yourselves a good one, Card fans.

Reactions: American Male
The one thing he said that made me grin (well one of many things) was practices will be open to all. Complete transparency. That is so freaking refreshing.

The culture for UofL football is going to change and change for the better. I am stoked this guy is the UofL head football coach. He has my full support!!!

This awful season, the agonizing coaching search, that PC made me forget about all of it. So much positivity! Vince rambled a little, otherwise, a great day to be a Cardinal fan, to borrow a common expression
"Vince rambled a little", wow, that's the understatement of the day. I like and support Vince but he talked way too much today!

"Vince rambled a little", wow, that's the understatement of the day. I like and support Vince but he talked way too much today!

My car ride home from work is 35 minutes. Vince came on with about 15 minutes to go. I drove around longer to hear coach. Vince. Kept. Talking. I finally said “screw it,” and went inside. He was still talking when I turned on the news. He’s doing a great job, but maybe be less about Vince and more about the coaches and players. Rookie AD is learning.

Congrats Cards I know most of you aren’t familiar with Satterfield but he’s a heck of a hire just what you all needed imo. Wouldn’t surprise me if a certain Western Hills player thinks hard about his recent decision, him and his family have been Card fans since I first met them in middle school Team Ky

Reactions: American Male
This awful season, the agonizing coaching search, that PC made me forget about all of it. So much positivity! Vince rambled a little, otherwise, a great day to be a Cardinal fan, to borrow a common expression

I won’t get on Vince I would say he’s running on no sleep. He did a good job getting us a great coach!

Vince was just trying to run interference for our travel fatigued new coach by taking any inane questions from local d-bag UK pumping media that may have cropped up late.

Coach Satterfield strikes me as someone who will relish setting those tools straight from here on out.

Press conferences increasingly bore me. It's all rhetoric, and it's mostly staged. Even the journalists lob softballs.

And when "Vince" goes first, it takes too long to wait for the main speaker...

I agree press conferences are for the fans. I can't remember too many press conferences that I didn't like what I heard. Remember Petrino said they were going to recruit Louisville well sounds like he didn't even try.

Once he puts his staff together that will give you a better idea feel. Can he get guys that will stay and not constantly be looking to leave? Then the obvious his staff has to recruit and they really need to land 1 or 2 guys that change the narrative he can't recruit at this level. Recruiting is what people buy into immediately. His coaching and actual performance will come with time. Fan buy in happens much faster if he lands kids early. It won't be held against him this first year but he could send a message early if he had success on the recruiting trail over the next 4-8 weeks.

Last edited:
Hate to say it, but he really has about 12 days. A LOT of kids signed during the early period last year. Bad year to be up against that, but I am still holding out hope he can flip 1 or 2 in-state kids. He also made reference that he was in on several kids, then power 5's got involved and took them. I think we will end up with 20 or scholly's available.

I love the fact he's going out of his way to establish a network with local high schools. That's a good ol boy move and I feel like the dude lives football. He absolutely crushed that thing. If you're not at least a little optimistic hes going to completely change the culture here idk what to tell ya.

Reactions: CommodoreCard
This “recruit at this level” crap is KILLING me. :mad:

Apparently, 85% of P5 coaches can’t. Why would we be any different?

When the last time anybody not named Alabama, UGA, LSU, won the $EC?

Or Clemson FSU in ACC?

tOSU Mich St Wisc B1G?

OK in B12?

ALL these other schools have $#!tty recruiters? uK has historically good classes and can’t come close to UGA.

CSS’s guys were able to recruit enough to win THREE championships.

They are salesmen, and they can sell. They will sell UL enough to push the top 15%.

That’s all I want. Then we at least have a shot at big things.

had no idea about the guy until today. listened to the AD talk a little to much, but once the coach was on it seemed energetic, and positive. yes typical PC chatter but it Is still nice to hear things finally moving forward in a positive direction. He seems like a good ol' country boy that just loves football.... nothing wrong with that.
Go Cards.

Reactions: Louisvillian
The loving Football comment and the Dabo comparison go hand in hand I think. Who wouldn’t love playing for these guys. Both can X and O with the best of them too.

I wonder when the last time BP loved Football, if ever. He has a great football mind but the personality of an undertaker.

I would have loved to see his face when he walked into his new offices and facilities. I bet he feels like he died and went to football heaven!! He’s always done more with less. Can’t wait to see what he can do now.

My car ride home from work is 35 minutes. Vince came on with about 15 minutes to go. I drove around longer to hear coach. Vince. Kept. Talking. I finally said “screw it,” and went inside. He was still talking when I turned on the news. He’s doing a great job, but maybe be less about Vince and more about the coaches and players. Rookie AD is learning.
Recurring theme with the guy. Loves a live microphone and the sound of his voice...

He is definitely a talker, but his message and passion for the University is evident. At the end of the day he has to sell his programs to coaches, fans and boosters. He does it differently than Jurich and only time will tell if he can produce support like the Jurich era.

Bottom line he is doing his job and continuing what Jurich started in bringing good coaches. The 2 critical jobs were filled by excellent coaches that fit Louisville. Satterfield right now is a long fly ball that was called a double, we are waiting on the review to see if it was really a home run.

Press conferences are just talk. Ron Cooper gave a monumental performance at his and had Lou Holtz gushing about him all over ESPN.

So while I remain optomistic, I don't put much stock into the intro presser.

Press conferences are just talk. Ron Cooper gave a monumental performance at his and had Lou Holtz gushing about him all over ESPN.

So while I remain optomistic, I don't put much stock into the intro presser.
Ron Cooper went 4-7 and 5-6 at Eastern Mich before he came to Louisville

Ron Cooper went 4-7 and 5-6 at Eastern Mich before he came to Louisville
RC was hired by a committee hell bent on being progressive. He was set up to fail from jump.

Quick Howard story:

I was at the FB complex at old CS the night CHS was moving out, and had the opportunity to talk with him briefly. I asked him “Coach, are we going to be alright you think?”

He looked at me with eyes that looked through you and said: “If you get somebody in here with some balls that will stand up to “them”, you’ll be fine. BUT, if you get some limp d!@k, this will go right back down the tubes”

I didn’t ask who “them” was, but he was leaving over the move to CUSA to help the BB program so I assume that was “them”.

Apparently as a HC Coop was a LD. :D

Then, TJ came and FB took off.

RC was hired by a committee hell bent on being progressive. He was set up to fail from jump.

Quick Howard story:

I was at the FB complex at old CS the night CHS was moving out, and had the opportunity to talk with him briefly. I asked him “Coach, are we going to be alright you think?”

He looked at me with eyes that looked through you and said: “If you get somebody in here with some balls that will stand up to “them”, you’ll be fine. BUT, if you get some limp d!@k, this will go right back down the tubes”

I didn’t ask who “them” was, but he was leaving over the move to CUSA to help the BB program so I assume that was “them”.

Apparently as a HC Coop was a LD. :D

Then, TJ came and FB took off.
Yea,.with that record I stated above, I can't believe anyone ever brought or hired Ron Cooper as a head coach at Louisville. What warranted the hire ?

Yea,.with that record I stated above, I can't believe anyone ever brought or hired Ron Cooper as a head coach at Louisville. What warranted the hire ?

The committee was determined to be "ground breaking". We just picked the wrong guy.

When TJ came in he was asked about that, and he said "I'm the committee now" or words to that effect. :D

The problem is--like many of us--"Vince" doesn't realize he's his own worst enemy. Couldn't tell you how many people I hear say the guy should STFU. I understand privately that even his own staff members are having to work with him.

The poor guy appeals to millennials and fanboys like him, and few others...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT