ADVERTISEMENT

Satt on Team’s Penalties

They don’t have solutions to our problems that they are paid 7 figures to have solutions for. Brian Brown is absolute garbage. Wouldn’t let him be the DC for a high school. His scheme sucks and he constantly says “it’s not the scheme, we are there, we just need to make the plays.” Meanwhile he had Brownlee on an island with 6’6 Wilson getting exposed. The way our CB’s play in general is awful.

When asked about the team being one of the most penalized in the ACC:

“All you can do is continue to harp on it and hope it gets better”
I think that it was really nice of him to phrase it in that way - I mean if you listen to a few on here, clearly the penalties are solely on the players - Malik in particular. Coaches rarely have any effect on penalties.:rolleyes:

They don’t have solutions to our problems that they are paid 7 figures to have solutions for. Brian Brown is absolute garbage. Wouldn’t let him be the DC for a high school. His scheme sucks and he constantly says “it’s not the scheme, we are there, we just need to make the plays.” Meanwhile he had Brownlee on an island with 6’6 Wilson getting exposed. The way our CB’s play in general is awful.

I think that it was really nice of him to phrase it in that way - I mean if you listen to a few on here, clearly the penalties are solely on the players - Malik in particular. Coaches rarely have any effect on penalties.:rolleyes:
I wonder if he hugs them and asks if the ref hurt their feelings after they get penalized too?

Man I wonder what Nick Saban or Kirby Smart does that results in them historically having fewer penalties.

Its almost as if being a competent coach results in fewer player mistakes. I'll have to look back through decades and decades of both NFL and NCAA data to confirm though.

Man I wonder what Nick Saban or Kirby Smart does that results in them historically having fewer penalties.

Its almost as if being a competent coach results in fewer player mistakes. I'll have to look back through decades and decades of both NFL and NCAA data to confirm though.
To be fair - both of those coaches have superior players. Superior players typically don’t need to cheat / commit infractions to be successful. Add to it the clear message that if you commit penalties in those programs - your ass is sitting down - end of story.

The last 20 years or so, Navy has consistently been in the top 5 - usually #1 - in committing the few penalties per game. The combination of already disciplined players with an emphasis by the program is a powerful thing.

When asked about the team being one of the most penalized in the ACC:

“All you can do is continue to harp on it and hope it gets better”
He also said he runs them when they get penalties. What do you want? Whipping? Torture? I guess the only other thing you can do is bench them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT