ADVERTISEMENT

Satt allegedly seriously interested in USCjr Job

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Vince" did nothing hiring Mack and Satterfield but spend millions on the most popular candidates and with no serious competition for their services. And the verdicts are out on both guys as far as achieving at a high level.

"Vince" has lost a significant amount of the talent that was within the athletic dept when he took the job. My sources tell me that the talent that remains ain't real happy with the situation.

Everywhere you look, it's a cheapened, dummied-down, second-rate operation. "Vince's" predecessor prided himself on excellence or the pursuit of such. This guy embraces downsizing and cutting costs.

Our financials suck, and they've sucked since "Vince" got here. This is esp. problematic since the guy was supposed to be a high stakes businessman.

To remind everyone, he's also entered his fourth year on the job. If this was a coach we're talking about, he would already be fired for a lack of results and for heading nowhere positive. It's only because too many fans don't pay attention to the business side of athletics that this guy continues to hold down a job he's not fit for...
The Clown show ridded itself of TJ. Vince did not fire TJ.

You can't replace Michael Jordan with anyone and expect the same level of success. TJ had the donors in place & the respect of the athletic department. The new regime made a choice to gut the AD dept of anyone loyal to TJ and the remaining ones are not happy.

Vince happened to be the guy they hired, but the ones that hired him are the ones responsible.

The on field performance and his coaching hires have been pretty good. The attendance issues in basketball started with firing Rick & the program taking a step back. Then football endured a 2-10 season on top of all the other issues. The clown show destroyed confidence and the firings and losses caused the fan support to wane. And Vince will be able to use this year as an excuse with no fans and no NCAA tournament money.

His hires have been good. You can "use money for the best candidate" and that's fine, but remember TJ hired Kragthorpe & Petrino a 2nd time too, so sometimes money can't hire a great coach. Satterfield may be a Satterthorpe, so Vince is not off the hook for that just yet.

"Vince" did nothing hiring Mack and Satterfield but spend millions on the most popular candidates and with no serious competition for their services. And the verdicts are out on both guys as far as achieving at a high level.

"Vince" has lost a significant amount of the talent that was within the athletic dept when he took the job. My sources tell me that the talent that remains ain't real happy with the situation.

Everywhere you look, it's a cheapened, dummied-down, second-rate operation. "Vince's" predecessor prided himself on excellence or the pursuit of such. This guy embraces downsizing and cutting costs.

Our financials suck, and they've sucked since "Vince" got here. This is esp. problematic since the guy was supposed to be a high stakes businessman.

To remind everyone, he's also entered his fourth year on the job. If this was a coach we're talking about, he would already be fired for a lack of results and for heading nowhere positive. It's only because too many fans don't pay attention to the business side of athletics that this guy continues to hold down a job he's not fit for...
Financials suck at most universities- the whole business model, educational and athletic, doesn’t work anymore. Jurich would be subject to that like everyone else.

Mack and Satterfield have approx. the same buyout that Petrino had--three years of contractual payments or the balance, whichever's less. "Vince" authored those contracts while claiming he was going to put an end to big contractual buyouts with the coaches he hired. Face plant.

The university has no "legal responsibility" if, like Wake is doing, it argues that the firing was for cause. That's a decision, not a responsibility. Face plant.

You don't have a clue whether Wake will be successful with their strategy or have any problem attracting coaches. That's an agenda to protect guys with their faces in the dirt.

It's self evident that "Vince" didn't have a solid plan to sign Brohm--because he publicly sold him as his #1 objective, then failed that objective. His most magnificent face plant.

And you don't know what Brohm would have done here anymore than you knew this team would win three games...
1. False. petrino's contract called for him to be paid the balance of what was left if he was fired "without cause". If fired "without cause" Satterfield's contract specifies that he will be paid "75% of the remaining value of the contract". That is a better deal in both ways for UofL - a lower buyout percentage / based on a lower number to begin with. Win for Tyra (in part for keeping to his promise) and another self-own by zippy.

2. Individuals/businesses and other entities alike can "argue" all manner of things both in the press and in court pleadings. "Arguing" a position does not make it valid or more importantly - legal. "Decisions" of the parties to a suit are not legal - only the "decisions" of the court itself. I would think that you of all people - given your previous court experience - would know that firsthand. Self-own #2 by zippy.

3. Whereas I don't have a crystal ball, I do understand contracts and contract law. Based upon that, Manning is in a better position than weak forest is when it comes to this situation. To date, wf has provided zero evidence of actions by Manning that would allow them to pay him less than what his contract calls for. It is common sense to posit that unwarranted, unsubstantiated and potentially defamatory actions taken against a former coach - for simply not winning enough - would have future coaches thinking twice about employment with a university that would engage in that type of behavior. I will stipulate however that common sense has never seemed to be a part of your agenda.

4. Lol - clearly by "self evident" you mean evident to you specifically. Tyra had a plan regarding brohm, and he stuck to it. It is self-evident that part of that plan was not to get into a bidding war for the services of an unproven (at the P5 level) coach - regardless of his last name. It would be interesting to know how Tyra's plan regarding brohm might have been different if not for the epic "face plant" of your hero TJ in costing UofL umpteen millions of dollars with the foolish contract that gave petrino and his foolish continued support of pitino - scandal after scandal.

5. What I do know is that UofL has paid 545K for each victory that Satterfield has presided over (11) - whereas purdoo has paid 1.5M for each victory under brohm. Great work Vince!!

...You can't replace Michael Jordan with anyone and expect the same level of success. TJ had the donors in place & the respect of the athletic department. The new regime made a choice to gut the AD dept of anyone loyal to TJ and the remaining ones are not happy...
I specifically recall "Vince" in his opening presser boldly proclaiming that this job isn't about one guy. All he's done since then is prove it is...

Financials suck at most universities- the whole business model, educational and athletic, doesn’t work anymore. Jurich would be subject to that like everyone else.
Ours started sucking in 2017 and pre-Covid. They just suck more now...

1. False. petrino's contract called for him to be paid the balance of what was left if he was fired "without cause". If fired "without cause" Satterfield's contract specifies that he will be paid "75% of the remaining value of the contract". That is a better deal in both ways for UofL - a lower buyout percentage / based on a lower number to begin with. Win for Tyra (in part for keeping to his promise) and another self-own by zippy...
You need to check your sources. Petrino was paid through 2021, and NOT the end of his contract (2023).

Satterfield has four years remaining on his contract. 75% equals three years of his contract or approx. $10 million. This was negotiated by an AD who supposedly disliked large buyouts.

Oh, and Petrino had a $10 million buyout if he left on his own. Satterfield's is not specific, but less than $5 million. Another "Vince" face plant.
...2. Individuals/businesses and other entities alike can "argue" all manner of things both in the press and in court pleadings. "Arguing" a position does not make it valid or more importantly - legal. "Decisions" of the parties to a suit are not legal - only the "decisions" of the court itself. I would think that you of all people - given your previous court experience - would know that firsthand. Self-own #2 by zippy...
I'll hazard a guess that Wake's lawyers know more about law than you do. Maybe "Vince" oughta consider hiring one of them next time he fires a coach.
...3. Whereas I don't have a crystal ball, I do understand contracts and contract law. Based upon that, Manning is in a better position than weak forest is when it comes to this situation. To date, wf has provided zero evidence of actions by Manning that would allow them to pay him less than what his contract calls for. It is common sense to posit that unwarranted, unsubstantiated and potentially defamatory actions taken against a former coach - for simply not winning enough - would have future coaches thinking twice about employment with a university that would engage in that type of behavior. I will stipulate however that common sense has never seemed to be a part of your agenda...
See my previous response...I hate repeating myself.
...4. Lol - clearly by "self evident" you mean evident to you specifically. Tyra had a plan regarding brohm, and he stuck to it. It is self-evident that part of that plan was not to get into a bidding war for the services of an unproven (at the P5 level) coach - regardless of his last name. It would be interesting to know how Tyra's plan regarding brohm might have been different if not for the epic "face plant" of your hero TJ in costing UofL umpteen millions of dollars with the foolish contract that gave petrino and his foolish continued support of pitino - scandal after scandal...
"Vince" had no plan unless it was to find out what his #1 coaching candidate wanted AFTER the fact. The rest of what happened is classic a$$ covering by a guy who once again didn't get the job done.
...5. What I do know is that UofL has paid 545K for each victory that Satterfield has presided over (11) - whereas purdoo has paid 1.5M for each victory under brohm. Great work Vince!!
And you don't have a clue what Brohm would have done here, just your hypothetical...

You need to check your sources. Petrino was paid through 2021, and NOT the end of his contract (2023).

Satterfield has four years remaining on his contract. 75% equals three years of his contract or approx. $10 million. This was negotiated by an AD who supposedly disliked large buyouts.

Oh, and Petrino had a $10 million buyout if he left on his own. Satterfield's is not specific, but less than $5 million. Another "Vince" face plant.

I'll hazard a guess that Wake's lawyers know more about law than you do. Maybe "Vince" oughta consider hiring one of them next time he fires a coach.

"Vince" had no plan unless it was to find out what his #1 coaching candidate wanted AFTER the fact. The rest of what happened is classic a$$ covering by a guy who once again didn't get the job done.

And you don't have a clue what Brohm would have done here, just your hypothetical...
petrino was guaranteed 14M by Jurich’s shitty contract - given that satterfield assuredly won’t be fired before at least the end of 2021 - any buyout would cost the university 41% of petrino’s buyout. All I hear from the other part is that UofL gets 5M if satterfield leaves. That goes a long way to re-stripe those parking lots.

I’ll hazard a guess that your guesses aren’t very good (“they’re all gone” - lol). Plenty of evidence to support that just on this board. And in the courtrooms of Indiana...

If you hate repeating yourself - why do you do it so frequently? Your post count might say 50K but really, it’s just different variations on the same 4-5 thoughts.

Someone without a plan might have gotten into a bidding war north of 6M a year for an (then) unproven (but, since proven to be a) mediocre coach. Thank goodness that Tyra had the fiscal sense to realize brohm wasn’t worth three times per win what satterfield was. Any nonsense to the contrary is only classic ass covering by Jurich fanboys who are still butthurt that their hero isn’t in charge any longer.

No need for hypotheticals - I’ll stick to facts. Tyra hired satterfield who’s P5 win percentage is 40 points higher than brohm’s - for 1/2 the price.

Don’t you ever get tired of getting dragged?

Reactions: chevelle99
Here's the without-cause buyout in Satterfield's contract:

Year 0, buyout 4.5 years of pay, average over 0 years = 4.5.
Year 1, buyout 3.75 years of pay, average over 1 year = 4.125.
Year 2, buyout 3 years of pay, average over 2 years = 3.75.
Year 3 buyout 2.25 years of pay, average over 3 years = 3.375.
Year 4, buyout 1.5 years of pay, average over 4 years = 3.
Year 5, buyout 0.75 years of pay, average over 5 years = 2.625.
Year 6, buyout 0 years of pay, average over 6 years = 2.25.

With no idea what the future held, "Vince" negotiated a contract with Satterfield that actually contained a HIGHER buyout than Petrino's contract in the first couple of years. And it averaged a higher buyout until the fourth year.

No mean feat by an AD who supposedly hates big buyouts.

Of course, Satterfield can walk away paying a fraction of what Petrino would have paid had either coach decided to leave on his own. Maybe that's what "Vince" meant by a smaller buyout... 😛

Last edited:
petrino was guaranteed 14M by Jurich’s shitty contract - given that satterfield assuredly won’t be fired before at least the end of 2021 - any buyout would cost the university 41% of petrino’s buyout. All I hear from the other part is that UofL gets 5M if satterfield leaves. That goes a long way to re-stripe those parking lots.

I’ll hazard a guess that your guesses aren’t very good (“they’re all gone” - lol). Plenty of evidence to support that just on this board. And in the courtrooms of Indiana...

If you hate repeating yourself - why do you do it so frequently? Your post count might say 50K but really, it’s just different variations on the same 4-5 thoughts.

Someone without a plan might have gotten into a bidding war north of 6M a year for an (then) unproven (but, since proven to be a) mediocre coach. Thank goodness that Tyra had the fiscal sense to realize brohm wasn’t worth three times per win what satterfield was. Any nonsense to the contrary is only classic ass covering by Jurich fanboys who are still butthurt that their hero isn’t in charge any longer.

No need for hypotheticals - I’ll stick to facts. Tyra hired satterfield who’s P5 win percentage is 40 points higher than brohm’s - for 1/2 the price.

Don’t you ever get tired of getting dragged?
I'm not the guy relying on poster personal attacks. 😄

...Which I sort of expect considering the actual facts behind "Vince's" performance. Tepid fan support, declining financials, and a weaker department up and down the line in Year Four.

As far as this thread, I don't need to pick on one coach or exaggerate what he's (not) doing. He's just one piece in the puzzle...

Here's the without-cause buyout in Satterfield's contract:

Year 0, buyout 4.5 years of pay, average over 0 years = 4.5.
Year 1, buyout 3.75 years of pay, average over 1 year = 4.125.
Year 2, buyout 3 years of pay, average over 2 years = 3.75.
Year 3 buyout 2.25 years of pay, average over 3 years = 3.375.
Year 4, buyout 1.5 years of pay, average over 4 years = 3.
Year 5, buyout 0.75 years of pay, average over 5 years = 2.625.
Year 6, buyout 0 years of pay, average over 6 years = 2.25.

With no idea what the future held, "Vince" negotiated a contract with Satterfield that actually contained a HIGHER buyout than Petrino's contract in the first couple of years.

No mean feat by an AD who supposedly hates big buyouts.

Of course, Satterfield can walk away paying a fraction of what Petrino would have paid had either coach decided to leave on his own. Maybe that's what "Vince" meant by a smaller buyout... 😛
Given that satterfield is still here - I guess Vince had a good idea of what the future held.

And I suppose when you’re dealing with someone like petrino who’s word - to his employer’s, his wife and his children - isn’t worth the oxygen that he expelled to utter it - you’d better try and protect yourself as best as possible. Hence petrino’s 10M buyout.

Kudos to Vince for not hiring the morally bankrupt.

I'm not the guy relying on personal attacks. 😄

...Which I sort of expect considering the actual facts behind "Vince's" performance. Tepid fan support, declining financials, and a weaker department up and down the line in Year Four.

As far as this thread, I don't need to pick on one coach or exaggerate what he's (not) doing. He's just one piece in the puzzle...
Are they personal attacks or, are they simply facts? Truth is a defense after all.

Given that satterfield is still here - I guess Vince had a good idea of what the future held.

And I suppose when you’re dealing with someone like petrino who’s word - to his employer’s, his wife and his children - isn’t worth the oxygen that he expelled to utter it - you’d better try and protect yourself as best as possible. Hence petrino’s 10M buyout.

Kudos to Vince for not hiring the morally bankrupt.
^^^ Smokescreen for a former Appy State coach's ridiculous contract terms.

And I'll bet most posters here recognize a personal attack...

^^^ Smokescreen for a former Appy State coach's ridiculous contract terms.

And I'll bet most posters here recognize a personal attack...
When the smoke clears you’ll see that Vince has spent 1/2 of the cost per win with satterfield than TJ did with petrino and 1/3 if what purdoo has spent per win with brohm

I’ll bet even more posters here recognize your tired agenda - evidenced by how no one agrees with you.

Lol - ridiculous...

Reactions: rh62531
When the smoke clears you’ll see that Vince has spent 1/2 of the cost per win with satterfield than TJ did with petrino and 1/3 if what purdoo has spent per win with brohm

I’ll bet even more posters here recognize your tired agenda - evidenced by how no one agrees with you.

Lol - ridiculous...
Well then, congrats on your three wins, your empty stadium expansions, and a missing name on it...

Ours started sucking in 2017 and pre-Covid. They just suck more now...
I said nothing about COVID-19. The current college business model is less and less relevant as a value proposition. Athletics is just part of that picture.

Lol - ridiculous...
Don’t be so sure. We haven’t heard from Cocoa....

You’ve done nothing but repeat yourself for 3 years now.

I said nothing about COVID-19. The current college business model is less and less relevant as a value proposition. Athletics is just part of that picture.
I don't recall widespread financial problems in P5 athletics when ours started.
You’ve done nothing but repeat yourself for 3 years now.
Some people don't hear and read too well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT