ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING: Rumor Mill: Louisville VIP recruiting weekend (UPDATED 5/13)

Dave Lackford

6000+
Staff
Jan 14, 2014
Louisville hosted a massive visitor list over the weekend with players from all over the country visiting S. Floyd street. The visits have wrapped up and we are working to gather more information but here is what we have learned so far.

Commit Watch:
Antonio Stevens is a name I'm hearing the staff is most confident about after the weekend. I'm not saying he is going to commit but if I had to pick a player who is closest to pulling the trigger it would be him. Mark provided an update on Stephens earlier. He's listed as a receiver but Louisville likes him at the "Card" position which is a rover linebacker.strong safety hybrid.

Luke Kandra, a 3-star offensive guard from Elder HS in Cincinnati is another name I'm told the staff feels confident about. He's a teammate of 3-star tight end Joe Royer who was also on campus.

Jonah Gambill
is another offensive guard prospect to watch for a commitment. He is Tee Webb's teammate at Cartersville in Georgia. Louisville offered him yesterday He left Saturday and visited Memphis today. He holds and offer from the Tigers as well as Syracuse, Kansas, USF, Marshall, and a few other Group of Five schools.

Upward movers:
Antwon Fegans is another prospect Louisville is recruiting for the Card position. He told me he had a great visit.

"It was great. Great atmosphere and the coaches really interacted with me and my family. They made me feel wanted. The Facilities are up to par too. It was just a great overall visit," said Fegans.

I asked him if Louisville made a move up his board.

"Yes sir. I have family up there too. Louisville definitely made a move up my board," replied Fegans.

Fegans has recently added offers from Virginia Tech, Kansas, and Kentucky so I would expect him to take some other visits but Louisville certainly made a good impression on him this weekend.

Jared Dawson is a defensive tackle Louisville likes as a nose. He holds Power-Five offers from Georgia Tech, Kansas, Louisville, and Wake Forrest. So where does Louisville stand after this weekend?

"They (Louisville) has been towards the top but most definitely they surpassed a lot of schools this weekend," claimed Dawson.

He said the visit was "amazing," and added that Louisville could "potentially be a great fit." He spoke highly of the team GPA, the coaching staff, and the new facilities. I'm not going to say Louisville leads for Dawson at this point but they have definitely done enough to feel confident about their chances.

2021 Frederick Douglass (Lexington) receiver Dekel Crowdus was offered Saturday while he was on campus. I thought he had an offer already but it appears that Louisville wanted to do that face to face this weekend. This weekend marked Crowdus's second visit to Louisville. When I asked him if Louisville made a move up his board he said the visit was great and "yeah a little bit."

2021 Bowling Green (KY) WR/TE Jordan Dingle said he had a good visit and that he really likes the new coaching staff. When I asked him if the staff showed him a lot of attention and made him feel like a priority he responded in the affirmative. I also asked him if they mentioned anything about making in-state recruiting a priority.

"Yes sir they did show me a lot of attention and made me feel like a priority. They didn't necessarily say they wanted to make in-state recruiting a priority in general, but they said they would be recruiting me, personally, heavily," replied Dingle.

I asked him if the 'Cards have moved up his board and he said yes but things are still early.

"Yes they have," replied Dingle. "But I'm going to keep my options open since its early in my recruitment.

I will update the mill as I get new responses from the visitors.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News