ADVERTISEMENT

Rumor - Grantham to Miss St

Louisville finished eighth nationally in yards per play allowed and 31st in scoring defense en route to a 9-4 campaign in 2016. Sirmon’s Mississippi State defense finished 103rd nationally in yards per play allowed in 2016 after ranking 44th in ’15.

Yep - sounds like a super upgrade. Even better that it seems that he has more recruiting ties in the west coast.

BTW - the 3-3-5 is garbage.
Just like someone else I know, you look at the stats or whatever and see that you have a top 10 or whatever on paper, but I watch a game like Houston, UK and even LSU and know that numbers don't tell the whole story and you can make numbers tell whatever story you want to hear.

Are they really insults? They may have been direct in a derogatory way but when I say that you have the least sports knowledge and are the worst poster on this board - that's far closer to an objective statement than a subjective one.

You have heard of the legal position of "truth being a defense" - haven't you?

What am I saying? Of course you haven't.
You talk out of your can amd throw insults my way simply because i said louisville needed to make heads roll if we had a desire to do anything besides be mediocre.

Grantham needed to go and i said klenakis needs to go as well.

We have a new DC, now lets hope our team can tackle and that the db's are not left on islands.

Our defense stunk..... Was too predictable and couldnt produce pressure on the opposing teams qb. Grantham had to die.....

Now that we have a few openings, maybe nick is turned to be a volunteer and we get some big names to assist us with winning a championship.

The moves being made are everything i talked about and it feels good that no matter the personal insults from the experts on this board, everything i talked about is being addressed.

Insult that tough guy.

Go Cards!

Another example. You "feel good".

What about exactly? The fact that 30 days before NSD we are losing our (top 10 ranked) DC and assuredly another coach? The 'other' coach btw, that was responsible for the inside linebacker - of which we have had several outstanding ones the last 3 years. Side note on that guy - you keep saying our "special team aren't any good" - what specifically are you referencing when you say this?

Perhaps your "excited" about the reports that we are going to hire the DC from Miss St. - the one that was fired so that they could make room to hire our (now former) top 10 ranked DC? Why did they fire him exactly? Because his defenses were terrible - ranked only about 90 places behind ours. Maybe you're "excited" by all of this guys WC recruiting ties? That has really worked out well for us in the past - if only we could re-open that California pipeline that propelled us to where we are today...

Is the continuing negativity surrounding the program that makes you so "excited"? This kind of continued turmoil can be devastating on recruiting.

No, you're "excited" because you feel some warped sense of vindication regarding TG. But like always, you're wrong - he wasn't fired because he is a "moron", he simply took the latest of high profile jobs that he was offered.

It must be miserable to be you.
I am happy to know you loved watching teams abuse granthams defense.
Couldnt tackle

Could not produce pressure on the qb without a sellout blitz

Predictable on 3rd down and was nicknamed 3rd and grantham.

Everything ive talked about is coming true. And all you talk is insults.

You love grantham so much go be his maid.

I will be a Card fan wanting more than mediocre football.

Louisville finished eighth nationally in yards per play allowed and 31st in scoring defense en route to a 9-4 campaign in 2016. Sirmon’s Mississippi State defense finished 103rd nationally in yards per play allowed in 2016 after ranking 44th in ’15.

Yep - sounds like a super upgrade. Even better that it seems that he has more recruiting ties in the west coast.

BTW - the 3-3-5 is garbage.

Take it up with Petrino. He made the decision.
Granthorpe was lucky to even return for this season.
Sour grapes.........

Reactions: beasleythecard
I wouldn't because Sirmon is certainly not an upgrade. Recruiting will be an issue and his numbers at MSU weren't great or even good.
His kids tackled. That is a start. Grantham creates matadores.

I dont know about the hires, but the firing of 3rd and grantham feels like we just won a championship.

Take it up with Petrino. He made the decision.
Granthorpe was lucky to even return for this season.
Sour grapes.........
You're right - he could have been demoted to the Raiders DC. And, you have no idea that Petrino made any decision - my guess that it was a "screw you", "no, screw you!" moment.

Nobody fires Grantham to hire Sirmon. Except maybe you and Mrs. Beasley.

His kids tackled. That is a start. Grantham creates matadores.

I dont know about the hires, but the firing of 3rd and grantham feels like we just won a championship.
Until you find out the check bounces. If he's so great why would MSU cut ties so fast. I'm not saying TG didn't need to be replaced that's a different debate. My argument is that we jumped pretty darn fast on this guy who hasn't proven himself. He's not from the east coast so his recruiting ties are probably weak. And if they tackle so well why was his D ranked so poorly?

Reactions: BPGhost
You're right - he could have been demoted to the Raiders DC. And, you have no idea that Petrino made any decision - my guess that it was a "screw you", "no, screw you!" moment.

Nobody fires Grantham to hire Sirmon. Except maybe you and Mrs. Beasley.
I am sure will insult no matter what. But everything ive said is coming true.

I said grantham is far too predictable and needed to be fired. Guess what, HE GONE......

All you do is spew insults. I tell it like it is. And from my words everything ive said is happening. Glad i am not the only one to see these things as you said. Guess i am not the moron you said i was because this team just got better by sending the moron on his way.

Until you find out the check bounces. If he's so great why would MSU cut ties so fast. I'm not saying TG didn't need to be replaced that's a different debate. My argument is that we jumped pretty darn fast on this guy who hasn't proven himself. He's not from the east coast so his recruiting ties are probably weak. And if they tackle so well why was his D ranked so poorly?
I am just a moron and john holmes (grantham will never be fired right?)

Go ask zipp and bpghost to write something besides insults.

I dont know about the new guys. We need big names in my opinion..

I am personally glad we got rid of our defensive genious that was a predictable as an old woman in a bingo hall.

Reactions: jmac1029
I am sure will insult no matter what. But everything ive said is coming true.

I said grantham is far too predictable and needed to be fired. Guess what, HE GONE......

All you do is spew insults. I tell it like it is. And from my words everything ive said is happening. Glad i am not the only one to see these things as you said. Guess i am not the moron you said i was because this team just got better by sending the moron on his way.
Nope, you're still the "moron". Grantham wasn't fired, but the guy Petrino hired to replace him was.

Nope, you're still the "moron". Grantham wasn't fired, but the guy Petrino hired to replace him was.
If louisville fired him, we would be on the hook for several million.
Internet tough guys like you will never understand business.
He was terrible at his job and had to go.

I said he shouldnt be here and you wrote a four page post telling the world i am a baseless idiot.

Guess what tough guy.....

3rd and grantham is gone. Our defense is already better without him.

If louisville fired him, we would be on the hook for several million.
Internet tough guys like you will never understand business.
He was terrible at his job and had to go.

I said he shouldnt be here and you wrote a four page post telling the world i am a baseless idiot.

Guess what tough guy.....

3rd and grantham is gone. Our defense is already better without him.
Wrong again - his contract (like most highly paid HC and coordinators) included language about requiring him to look for other jobs and that any payout would be reduced by a new salary.

I actually own a business - the one that I started 22 years ago that has 75+ employees and sales of 3M in 2016. You're what, an electrician?

Yeah tell me about business - lol.

Wrong again - his contract (like most highly paid HC and coordinators) included language about requiring him to look for other jobs and that any payout would be reduced by a new salary.

I actually own a business - the one that I started 22 years ago that has 75+ employees and sales of 3M in 2016. You're what, an electrician?

You have part of it right. Yes i am an electrician. A master electrician.
Why my personal business concerns you is weird. I like discussing university of louisville sports. I dont dig through contracts and wait to pounce when someone misspeaks or may not have it all together. I post what i think and feel on a message board of other louisville fans sharring thoughts about the Cards.

Lets stick to that...... Talking about louisville if you are capable of anything other than insults of posters.

I said grantham was a terrible dc and wanted him gone.... You said it would never happen.

He is gone......

Gone because his defenses were predictable, and couldnt tackle. Every big game we played he was a liability. He had to get the boot......

No matter how many insults you throw my way, i got my wish. He is gone.......

That feels good......

You of all people should know, if your assistants do not get along with the boss, they must go.
Petrino FIRED him, yet waited until he had another job to do so.
Instead of e-mailing Petrino about his decision, youre swinging and missing on here.
Get over yourself..............

You of all people should know, if your assistants do not get along with the boss, they must go.
Instead of e-mailing Petrino about his decision, youre swinging and missing on here.
He is the insult poster who brags about his business when he shouod just apologize for being wrong.
I am sure i know what other nanes he posts under.

I wanted grantham gone and he belittled me and told me i dodnt know football, now that grqntham is gone he just calls me moron and says i am a useless electrician. Lol

I am glad we took the trash out.. Grantham was not a good fit and his teams didnt tackle.

The defensive side of the ball improoooooooooooved with this move.

Go Cards

You have part of it right. Yes i am an electrician. A master electrician.
Why my personal business concerns you is weird. I like discussing university of louisville sports. I dont dig through contracts and wait to pounce when someone misspeaks or may not have it all together. I post what i think and feel on a message board of other louisville fans sharring thoughts about the Cards.

Lets stick to that...... Talking about louisville if you are capable of anything other than insults of posters.

I said grantham was a terrible dc and wanted him gone.... You said it would never happen.

He is gone......

Gone because his defenses were predictable, and couldnt tackle. Every big game we played he was a liability. He had to get the boot......

No matter how many insults you throw my way, i got my wish. He is gone.......

That feels good......
Not sure the distinction between the two and frankly don't care. Your personal business does not concern me however you opened that door when you made the ignorant comment that "internet tough guys like you will never understand business".

I like discussing Louisville sports as well. I also like to be informed and have an understanding of things that extends past my own nose. The two concepts are not mutually exclusive - you should try it sometime. It's also helpful if you can understand the facts being presented to you. It might help you in the future from looking so foolish.

I, of all people, do understand that. I also understand that when its time to fire someone, you don't wait for them "to get another job". I also don't fire a guy that's excellent at what he does to make room for someone completely unproven - not unless I'm trying to save a ton of money. Pretty sure that's not the position that UofL is in.

Grantham got into a pissing contest that he couldn't win. But let's not kid ourselves and say that he was fired to make room for Peter - freaking - Sirmon. All of it is complete BS and spin from Petrino.

If you can't see that, then perhaps its you that needs to get over themselves.

I, of all people, do understand that. I also understand that when its time to fire someone, you don't wait for them "to get another job". I also don't fire a guy that's excellent at what he does to make room for someone completely unproven - not unless I'm trying to save a ton of money. Pretty sure that's not the position that UofL is in.

Grantham got into a pissing contest that he couldn't win. But let's not kid ourselves and say that he was fired to make room for Peter - freaking - Sirmon. All of it is complete BS and spin from Petrino.

If you can't see that, then perhaps its you that needs to get over themselves.
Grantham is a moron. His teams cant tackle or even understand his schemes.

The 3rd down ridiculousness that is 3rd and grantham is reason enough that he had to go.

His teams should play flag football because he is above teaching technique like tackling.

The combination of Ward and Sirmon will make our defense stout.

Absolutely happy they are here.

Go Cards!

Good riddance Grantham.

Trying to find a Silver lining on this so here goes. Maybe since Lorenzo Ward is a very good secondary coach and his teams as DC at So Carolina and Secondary coach at Va Tech were stout against the pass, that Sirmon gets more experience in a more limited role.

Also, from what I've read, Ward is a good recruiter with ties in the south.

I'm trying.:cool:

Ward was demoted at S Carolina to Co Coordinator under Spurrier due to his defense getting gashed terribly in 2014

Kentucky Ran up and down the field all night against Miss state last year (554 total yards, 300 yards rushing). At one point we ran the Wildcat 11 straight times en route to a TD.

Also watched Miss State bowl game and while their red zone defense was good the Mac team they beat moved the ball up and down the field the entire game....as did Samford, South Alabama, BYU...etc....

Kentucky Ran up and down the field all night against Miss state last year (554 total yards, 300 yards rushing). At one point we ran the Wildcat 11 straight times en route to a TD.

Also watched Miss State bowl game and while their red zone defense was good the Mac team they beat moved the ball up and down the field the entire game....as did Samford, South Alabama, BYU...etc....
Kentucky blew louisvilles defense off the field at papa johns. Without major changes, we will see more teams destroy us.
I hope this is the begining of the changes and that we address gettin a few big names to help us offensively.

Ward was demoted at S Carolina to Co Coordinator under Spurrier due to his defense getting gashed terribly in 2014
You're partly right. He was demoted to Co-Coordinator to help ramp up the run defense, which is not his strong suit. Ward is an excellent Secondary coach and his squads have been very successful defending the pass.

And Kentucky (on the road) gashed Louisville's Grantham coached defense for 581 yards with 4-5 future NFL players on the field for the Cards, so what the hell's your point?

This is a little deeper than that.

Kentucky blew louisvilles defense off the field at papa johns. Without major changes, we will see more teams destroy us.
I hope this is the begining of the changes and that we address gettin a few big names to help us offensively.
I guess you didn't read his post, or see the uk / msu game, or look at any stats. The point of his post was that, for all of the UofL fans who were upset at Grantham for the performance against uk - Sirmon's msu defense got torched by uk as well.

Saying over and over and over again, that UofL "got better" by the switch - doesn't really line up with the facts.

Of course, that's never stopped you before.

I guess you didn't read his post, or see the uk / msu game, or look at any stats. The point of his post was that, for all of the UofL fans who were upset at Grantham for the performance against uk - Sirmon's msu defense got torched by uk as well.

Saying over and over and over again, that UofL "got better" by the switch - doesn't really line up with the facts.

Of course, that's never stopped you before.
I have a right to believe grantham was trash and needed to be fired.

He was fired.

I have a right to believe the combination of Ward and Sirmon will have us in the championship because our defense will be monumentally better.

You said grantham wouldnt be fired when i said he needs to be gone.

I am so glad competent men agree with what i saw and didnt side with you.

You change your argument to be adverserial with me no matter what. I am consistant in that my desire is to see the Cards be great..... Not mediocre.

So as you troll me. Just know i was right and grantham was sent packing.

He gone

Hey grantham ya fired

Good riddance

So yes we got better yesterday. I trust petrino and know that he does not want mediocre football either.

I dont enjoy being right, i want to enjoy real football. We are on our way.

You love grantham so much, go help him pack. Move with him.

I love louisville football. And everything ive said is coming true.

Everything youve said is an insult.

Enjoy your insults...

I have a right to believe grantham was trash and needed to be fired.

He was fired.

I have a right to believe the combination of Ward and Sirmon will have us in the championship because our defense will be monumentally better.

You said grantham wouldnt be fired when i said he needs to be gone.

I am so glad competent men agree with what i saw and didnt side with you.

You change your argument to be adverserial with me no matter what. I am consistant in that my desire is to see the Cards be great..... Not mediocre.

So as you troll me. Just know i was right and grantham was sent packing.

He gone

Hey grantham ya fired

Good riddance

So yes we got better yesterday. I trust petrino and know that he does not want mediocre football either.

I dont enjoy being right, i want to enjoy real football. We are on our way.

You love grantham so much, go help him pack. Move with him.

I love louisville football. And everything ive said is coming true.

Everything youve said is an insult.

Enjoy your insults...
Lol - where were the insults? Your post is "spot on" except for the following.

1. Grantham is incredibly respected as a football coach in both CFB and the NFL. Millions of dollars made and constant job offers near this out. You might even say that he's a "master" DC.

2. He wasn't fired. Please link any information to the contrary.

So basically the main points of your post is incorrect. I agree that you have the right to believe anything that you want. Belief however is far different from knowledge, as you prove continually.

Lol - except for the following.

1. Grantham is incredibly respected as a football coach in both CFB and the NFL. Millions of dollars made and constant job offers near this out. You might even say that he's a "master" DC.

2. He wasn't fired. Please link any information to the contrary.

I agree that you have the right to believe anything that you want. Belief however is far different from knowledge, as you prove continually.
He will not be on the louisville sideline. That is all i begged for. He gone.....

Respected??? Lol
Wish we would have listened to georgia fans that told us he was trash.
His teams do not tackle and his kids are out of position.

I am glad he is not here.
Happy we have Sirmon and Ward

He will not be on the louisville sideline. That is all i begged for. He gone.....

Respected??? Lol
Wish we would have listened to georgia fans that told us he was trash.
His teams do not tackle and his kids are out of position.

I am glad he is not here.
Happy we have Sirmon and Ward
Well glad to see you at least admit that he wasn't fired. Interesting to see you post about how the move was a sign of Petrino refusing to "accept mediocrity" when your favorite whipping boy - Klenakis, is still on staff.

Tell me Ms. Beasley - which was a bigger issue for UofL - the top 15 defense or, the bottom 15 OL?

Given that we both know the answer, why is Petrino accepting "mediocrity" there?

Well glad to see you at least admit that he wasn't fired. Interesting to see you post about how the move was a sign of Petrino refusing to "accept mediocrity" when your favorite whipping boy - Klenakis, is still on staff.

Tell me Ms. Beasley - which was a bigger issue for UofL - the top 15 defense or, the bottom 15 OL?

Given that we both know the answer, why is Petrino accepting "mediocrity" there?

My biggest complaint was 3rd and grantham. Second complaint arm tackles. Being at the florida state game in tallahasse and seeing our guys just give up on defense let me know grantham is pure trash and is stealing money.

Klenakis will have reduced responsibilities. Our offensive line - any offensive line is the heartbeat of the team. We are addressing that.

Bobby is an offensive genious, and we will be fine on that side of the ball. We had to lose the resident 3rd and grantham moron. We did .... Just like i said we had to.

Ward and Sirmon will make our guys tackle and be in position.

So find some new play toy. Everything ive said is coming true and we are a better team getting rid of a clueless coach.

Have a good evening whoever you are.

My biggest complaint was 3rd and grantham. Second complaint arm tackles. Being at the florida state game in tallahasse and seeing our guys just give up on defense let me know grantham is pure trash and is stealing money.

Klenakis will have reduced responsibilities. Our offensive line - any offensive line is the heartbeat of the team. We are addressing that.

Bobby is an offensive genious, and we will be fine on that side of the ball. We had to lose the resident 3rd and grantham moron. We did .... Just like i said we had to.

Ward and Sirmon will make our guys tackle and be in position.

So find some new play toy. Everything ive said is coming true and we are a better team getting rid of a clueless coach.

Have a good evening whoever you are.
Do you want to take a guess at where UofL ranked in FBS in defensive 3rd down %?

10th.

Tell us again about "3rd down and Grantham".

Georgia fans were embarrassed that their DC left them for a program like UofL - one that they look down their collective noses at - and expressed it childishly by saying that they didn't like him anyway. They said the same about Richt and will say the same about Smart in 2-3 years.

You didn't answer my question - which was the bigger problem - the top 15 defense, or the OL?

And so now, after saying UofL needs a new OC, you're now saying that everything on that side of the ball will be fine?

Reactions: mattp58
Do you want to take a guess at where UofL ranked in FBS in defensive 3rd down %?

10th.

Tell us again about "3rd down and Grantham".

Georgia fans were embarrassed that their DC left them for a program like UofL - one that they look down their collective noses at - and expressed it childishly by saying that they didn't like him anyway. They said the same about Richt and will say the same about Smart in 2-3 years.

You didn't answer my question - which was the bigger problem - the top 15 defense, or the OL?

And so now, after saying UofL needs a new OC, you're now saying that everything on that side of the ball will be fine?
You dont have a position.
You simply wait to see what others post and try to make yourself above anybody.

So lets make this clear for you again.

All of this years CFP finalists had more than one big name on staff. Offe sively and defensively.

So when i made the statement in a post that i did not create about bobby getting a big name to help him out, it is in reference to the playoff schools coaches having help.

You didnt address the original poster, you tried to belittle my response.

Please try to put some of your energy into commenting on the team, or going out on a limb with any of your own suggestions. Simply lying in wait to pounce on someones opinion is super lame.

The team got better yesterday on many fronts. I believe we have not seen the last of the changes.

I would like to know how we can have a big name coach as film coordinator and have so many coaches as other top teams do so we can take advantage of all of that knowledge pushing us to a championship.

10th.
Against jamies winston and florida state that 3rd and grantham was on full display.
Clemson this season
Houston
Marshall
Wake forrest
Duke
Virginia

Piling up nice stats against more high school is nice, but unless you perform in big games you are nothing.

So with all of the pretty stats your guy grantham rilled into louisville with, his on the field product against good teams was piss poor.
Kids out of position, arm tackling.

You need to look into being hus assistant or butler so you will fill whatever void is in your life with him being gone.

He had to go.....

The results said fire him.

Glad he is gone.

Maybe you should start a go fund me and send him roses or something.

Pretty stats dont tell the whole story. I am glad he is not on our sideline and feel full confidense for Ward and Sirmon.

Im done in this grantham subject man. He is gone and it is the best thing to happen for louisville football.

Against jamies winston and florida state that 3rd and grantham was on full display.
Clemson this season
Houston
Marshall
Wake forrest
Duke
Virginia

Piling up nice stats against more high school is nice, but unless you perform in big games you are nothing.
Lol - your attempt to refute (the irrefutable) stat of UofL being a top 10 defense on 3rd down this year is a game played three years ago against the reigning NCAA champs and reigning Heisman trophy winner?!?!?

That's pathetic.

When did Marshall, Duke, uva & Weak Forrest become "big" games? You do remember that UofL won all of those games - right? Against Houston, I'd say the offense was a bigger failure than the defense - but you're ok with the offense now - right?

And if you want to use Clemson as an example, well I guess Alabama needs to fire that "money stealing, moron, piece of trash" - Jeremy Pruitt, because his defense got lit up by Clemson.

The results said fire him.

If Grantham's top 15 defenses every year mean that he needs to be fired, what do Sirmon's defense being in the 90s mean for him - firing squad? I guess so, given that's what MSU did to him.

ADVERTISEMENT