ADVERTISEMENT

Rumor - Grantham to Miss St

There is a core of you that looks at an issue like Grantham through such a reactionary prism that I hope that: 1. You're not responsible for the livelihood and employment of multiple people and families, 2. you're not an elected official and if so...not in my voting precinct or District, 3. you do realize...Bobby Petrino doesn't have the same volume of professional advocates as your garden variety former NFL head man, offensive coordinator, SEC head coach and SEC offensive coordinator. That should be a Gold Standard for working under someone and volumes of qualified and aspirant coordinators to jump onboard.

...and I'm pointing the spotlight at you in particular beasley. Petrino has burned more coaches and bridges than anybody in football at any level. References won't come from Mike Zimmer the head man at Minnesota, current Browns head man Hue Jackson who was his O.C. at Atlanta. Anybody associated with Tom Coughlin, who is an abundant reference. You think anybody from Tommy Tuberville's once abundant assistant tree would consider it. Getting a quality replacement at Defensive coordinator and not being able to qualify to the multitude of recruits coming in this weekend just what type of defensive scheme we will be employing--or the coaches coaching them--doesn't strike me as a selling point. You're cutting off your nose despite your face. Getting a high standard coach as you say comes with a whole bunch of bullets that you seem to think we have...but don't.

You don't want Grantham, fine...but you're an outright fool to think that we're getting a peer replacement for him.

Whatever Hack......

Grantham's defense left alot to be desired.
Giving up 35 in one quarter to Pitt. 41 to SuCkS AT HOME !
No key stops against UH and LSU until AFTER the game was decided.
Missed tackles. Out of position DBs. In position DBs who still couldn't make the play.
If your offense falters, its up to the defense to hold them. Same as, if your defense
cant stop them, your offense has to outscore them.

Grantham is good, but not elite. At least not the past two seasons.
We knew that no matter what the defense did on 1st and 2nd down, 3rd was going to be a conversion for the opposing team. Thats gotten old

So while you and others bash fans for their opinions, remember its supposedly
He........who is interviewing with Mississippi state.

Appears that after signing day we flush the toilet with that trash dc. Hope he takes his brother with him because our special teams have sucked under grantham.

Good riddance to him.

Now lets put nick as an unpaid volunteer and use these coaching openings as a way to hire some names that need a little help getting a better job.
Bobby needs a little help from mature coaches that have been through the fire.

It will help on gameday and help with recruiting.

I feel great knowing 3rd and grantham is off of my sideline. Happy he will go let some other fanbase down.

Louisville is making a statement that mediocre football is not enough and that feels great.

Massive changes were needed to rid this team of Moron coaches. Glad the sweaty lost moron 3rd and grantham will not be on the staff next season.

Great day to be a Cardinal fan.

He's not trash.
Just not elite.

Reactions: beasleythecard
giphy.gif

1 down. 1 to go !

There is a core of you that looks at an issue like Grantham through such a reactionary prism that I hope that: 1. You're not responsible for the livelihood and employment of multiple people and families, 2. you're not an elected official and if so...not in my voting precinct or District, 3. you do realize...Bobby Petrino doesn't have the same volume of professional advocates as your garden variety former NFL head man, offensive coordinator, SEC head coach and SEC offensive coordinator. That should be a Gold Standard for working under someone and volumes of qualified and aspirant coordinators to jump onboard.

...and I'm pointing the spotlight at you in particular beasley. Petrino has burned more coaches and bridges than anybody in football at any level. References won't come from Mike Zimmer the head man at Minnesota, current Browns head man Hue Jackson who was his O.C. at Atlanta. Anybody associated with Tom Coughlin, who is an abundant reference. You think anybody from Tommy Tuberville's once abundant assistant tree would consider it. Getting a quality replacement at Defensive coordinator and not being able to qualify to the multitude of recruits coming in this weekend just what type of defensive scheme we will be employing--or the coaches coaching them--doesn't strike me as a selling point. You're cutting off your nose despite your face. Getting a high standard coach as you say comes with a whole bunch of bullets that you seem to think we have...but don't.

You don't want Grantham, fine...but you're an outright fool to think that we're getting a peer replacement for him.
Days ago many were callin me a moron because i wanted him gone.
Klenakis needs to go and todd grantham needs to go with him. Nick petrino should be a volunteer.

We have the money to buy coaches.

We need a dc with balls
An Oc with imagination
Line coaches with nasty
Db coach who can teach technique.

Petrino is a tough coach to work for, but money talks.

Many here love mediocre football.

Today, louisville said it wants to be elite. Not simply mediocre.

Great day to be a cardinal fan.

And to a certain few posters keep the insults coming. Seems as everything i said is happening and all of your insults are just that.

Go Cards.....

Good riddance granthams.

We will be a better team without you.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
We had a better defense under Strong because we had a more conservative offense. The two go hand and hand. When the offense turns the ball over at a high rate and doesn't control the clock, it puts more pressure on the defense. So before you go bashing Grantham, consider what his own offense brought into the equation.
I have been consistant in my argument that several heads needs to roll.
Glad one of those heads was grantham. Good riddance to him.

Maybe someone will teach our kids to tackle. Defend, and be in position.

Everything i said is coming true.

Sorry mr hall monitor, but its just my opinion.
Should be 4 open coaching positions. Miles and tressel should get a sniff just like saban and dabo haveing extra help on thejr staffs.

Many solid recruiters and defensive staff would love what louisville has to offer.

I would personally be happy to see hjs 3rd and grantham defense somewhere else.

I didnt make up 3rd and grantham. I am just tired of seeing it.
That's the point - your opinions are ridiculous as they are based in your utter lack of knowledge and ability to understand and discern what is actually a meaningful stat. Your suggestions for DC replacements of lifetime offensive coaches Jim Tressel and Les Miles are simply the latest example of your foolishness. Foolishness doesn't even begin to describe you further suggesting that they should "get a sniff" (laughable) as they might want to join the UofL staff as analysts.

I'm no hall monitor however this board would be better if "fans" like you would find another outlet for your stupidity.

Honestly guys, and I truly hope I am wrong, but I don't think losing Grantham is a good thing. The defense has been very good statistically over the last 3 years. Top 25 in total defense, #1 in turnovers, #1 in interceptions, Top 10 (I think?) against the run. Good recruiting. I hope I am wrong and will glad to be in fact but I think some of you folks that have been wishing for this may be sorry.

I have been consistant in my argument that several heads needs to roll.
Glad one of those heads was grantham. Good riddance to him.

Maybe someone will teach our kids to tackle. Defend, and be in position.

Everything i said is coming true.
Except - if the reports are true - his "head didn't roll". Unless you are saying that he was fired - which based upon some of the other ridiculous things you've said wouldn't be a stretch - he accepted a DC position with an SEC team. So that makes three DC positions that he has been offered - 2 D1 and 1 NFL - in the last 3 years.

That's a pretty high demand for a "moron". Given that he's so incompetent - please explain why he continues to get high profile job offers.

Except - if the reports are true - his "head didn't roll". Unless you are saying that he was fired - which based upon some of the other ridiculous things you've said wouldn't be a stretch - he accepted a DC position with an SEC team. So that makes three DC positions that he has been offered - 2 D1 and 1 NFL - in the last 3 years.

That's a pretty high demand for a "moron". Given that he's so incompetent - please explain why he continues to get high profile job offers.

Word on the street.
" reporting that if he did not take miss st job he was out of a job. Sounds like Bobby wanted a change"

CLEAN THE HOUSE! It's a great idea seriously! Klenakis please go next!

He didnt just leave, he had to be pushed out by Petrino obviously.
Bpghost would rather throw insults than see what i have been saying is ringing true. Many heads needed to be cut off and thrown down the street.

Glad grantham is gone.
Feels good saying no more 3rd and grantham.

Word on the street.
" reporting that if he did not take miss st job he was out of a job. Sounds like Bobby wanted a change"
That feels good to know.

Maybe we can find someone who helps us tackle. And have players that can get in position and use talent as well as technique.

Feeeeeeeeeeeellllllls sooooooo good

Honestly guys, and I truly hope I am wrong, but I don't think losing Grantham is a good thing. The defense has been very good statistically over the last 3 years. Top 25 in total defense, #1 in turnovers, #1 in interceptions, Top 10 (I think?) against the run. Good recruiting. I hope I am wrong and will glad to be in fact but I think some of you folks that have been wishing for this may be sorry.
A blind walmart greater can teach kids to tackle.

No more 3rd and grantham.

Louisville said no more mediocre football today.

Several more heads need to roll.

We hired miss st's defensive coordinator as ours. Said "we wanted to wait til Grantham found new employment before we made the move" so yeah he was definitely pushed to the curb.

But it's weird because we basically just traded. Peter Sirmon. Any count?

Look while I think Grantham was a good DC, he wasn't a great one and his 3-4 just wasn't the best if you can't get pressure without blitzing and your DBs can't cover one on one. All this speaks of is some of the apparent discourse this team seemed to have mid season. Kerry is right. It's Grantham who wants to interview for a new job which indicates that things might not be good in the locker room. Don't know how this affects current players and recruits though. It has to be a setback at least temporarily unless we get a defensive coach who has made a name for himself.

We hired miss st's defensive coordinator as ours. Said "we wanted to wait til Grantham found new employment before we made the move" so yeah he was definitely pushed to the curb.

But it's weird because we basically just traded. Peter Sirmon. Any count?

He runs the 3-4 also. Damn.
Like the 4-3 and 3-3-5. Hate the 3-4.

He runs the 3-4 also. Damn.
Like the 4-3 and 3-3-5. Hate the 3-4.
Louisville finished eighth nationally in yards per play allowed and 31st in scoring defense en route to a 9-4 campaign in 2016. Sirmon’s Mississippi State defense finished 103rd nationally in yards per play allowed in 2016 after ranking 44th in ’15.

Yep - sounds like a super upgrade. Even better that it seems that he has more recruiting ties in the west coast.

BTW - the 3-3-5 is garbage.

Louisville finished eighth nationally in yards per play allowed and 31st in scoring defense en route to a 9-4 campaign in 2016. Sirmon’s Mississippi State defense finished 103rd nationally in yards per play allowed in 2016 after ranking 44th in ’15.

Yep - sounds like a super upgrade. Even better that it seems that he has more recruiting ties in the west coast.

BTW - the 3-3-5 is garbage.
Trying to find a Silver lining on this so here goes. Maybe since Lorenzo Ward is a very good secondary coach and his teams as DC at So Carolina and Secondary coach at Va Tech were stout against the pass, that Sirmon gets more experience in a more limited role.

Also, from what I've read, Ward is a good recruiter with ties in the south.

I'm trying.:cool:

Word on the street part 2.

Petrino and Grantham constantly argued, because Petrino was sick of his schemes.
Tail doesn't wag the dog of course but, I'm sure that Grantham was sick of Petrino's schemes as well. Good luck to him - I think that he's making a mistake but if you can't get along with the boss - you'd better find somewhere else to work.

Bpghost would rather throw insults than see what i have been saying is ringing true. Many heads needed to be cut off and thrown down the street.

Glad grantham is gone.
Feels good saying no more 3rd and grantham.
Are they really insults? They may have been direct in a derogatory way but when I say that you have the least sports knowledge and are the worst poster on this board - that's far closer to an objective statement than a subjective one.

You have heard of the legal position of "truth being a defense" - haven't you?

What am I saying? Of course you haven't.

Trying to find a Silver lining on this so here goes. Maybe since Lorenzo Ward is a very good secondary coach and his teams as DC at So Carolina and Secondary coach at Va Tech were stout against the pass, that Sirmon gets more experience in a more limited role.

Also, from what I've read, Ward is a good recruiter with ties in the south.

I'm trying.:cool:
Nice attempt at making chicken salad Louisvillian. :)

Reactions: Louisvillian
Hope we pick up the ability to tackle in open space.
And not have to blitz to get pressure on the opposing qb
Typically the 3-4 defense is going to need to blitz to get pressure. 3 down linemen can't get to the QB with 5 guys blocking unless you have the 3 best defensive linemen in the country.

Reactions: BPGhost
This team is being overhauled and it feels good.
Another example. You "feel good".

What about exactly? The fact that 30 days before NSD we are losing our (top 10 ranked) DC and assuredly another coach? The 'other' coach btw, that was responsible for the inside linebacker - of which we have had several outstanding ones the last 3 years. Side note on that guy - you keep saying our "special team aren't any good" - what specifically are you referencing when you say this?

Perhaps your "excited" about the reports that we are going to hire the DC from Miss St. - the one that was fired so that they could make room to hire our (now former) top 10 ranked DC? Why did they fire him exactly? Because his defenses were terrible - ranked only about 90 places behind ours. Maybe you're "excited" by all of this guys WC recruiting ties? That has really worked out well for us in the past - if only we could re-open that California pipeline that propelled us to where we are today...

Is the continuing negativity surrounding the program that makes you so "excited"? This kind of continued turmoil can be devastating on recruiting.

No, you're "excited" because you feel some warped sense of vindication regarding TG. But like always, you're wrong - he wasn't fired because he is a "moron", he simply took the latest of high profile jobs that he was offered.

It must be miserable to be you.

Reactions: RonEJones
Typically the 3-4 defense is going to need to blitz to get pressure. 3 down linemen can't get to the QB with 5 guys blocking unless you have the 3 best defensive linemen in the country.
CC - it seems simple doesn't it? Why is it so hard for some to understand?

Reactions: wilkie01
CC - it seems simple doesn't it? Why is it so hard for some to understand?
Well let's keep things friendly here. I do agree with Beasley that the 4-3 would be preferable. I like schemes with 4 defensive linemen because it generates more pressure without having to blitz. I'm sure most of us can agree with that sentiment. Louisville has had success with the 3-4 in the past so I am ok with it because a scheme change is hard to do in college if you aren't recruiting for it. Also I think this new guy was brought in for an attitude adjustment which after the end of the season I think we can all agree was needed. I thought TG did a great job and that the offense was to blame, but maybe this will help the team in the long run. In conclusion, Go Cards.

ADVERTISEMENT