ADVERTISEMENT

Rumor - Grantham to Miss St

If he leaves, its he, who didn't want to be here.

3rd and grantham wasnt just a cute saying, it was a fact.
Make key stops on 3rd downs, and UofL finishes 11-1 and play in the Orange bowl.

Instead , they give up 580 yds at home against the cayuts.

Thanks for the memories Granthorpe. I'll help him pack..............

Hope TG stays here a long time, but we're getting what we're paying for. Should be able to attract a lot of good candidates for that kinda money...

Last edited:
Reactions: beasleythecard
It would be tragic to lose Todd G and his Georgia connections. Why do you think Harvey-Clemons, S. Wiggins and those other Georgia studs are here ?

It would be tragic to lose Todd G and his Georgia connections. Why do you think Harvey-Clemons, S. Wiggins and those other Georgia studs are here ?
That is what people don't understand he was a really good recruiter think before you post

Unless I missed where Mullen got fired, I don't see it. Definitely a step down if he'd take that job as DC.

If Grantham goes who do you want to replace him?

I would have said Mike Elko of Wake Forest but that ship sailed. He is headed to Notre Dame.

Another guy that's interesting and going to be getting a shot at a power 5 school soon is Joe Cauthen of Arkansas State. Petrino and the fans both would love his aggressive ball hawking style but he probably won't be making that big a leap now and the recruiting questions would be front and center.

Charlie's staff and Grantham have brought some serious talent through here yet it seems that something is missing. Still going to be nervous if TG bolts.

Last edited:

I would have said Mike Elko of Wake Forest but that ship sailed. He is headed to Notre Dame.

Another guy that's interesting and going to be getting a shot at a power 5 school soon is Joe Cauthen of Arkansas State. Petrino and the fans both would love his aggressive ball hawking style but he probably won't be making that big a leap now and the recruiting questions would be front and center.

Charlie's staff and Grantham have brought some serious talent through here yet it seems that something is missing. Still going to be nervous if TG bolts.

A blind walmart greater would be a better dc.

Gurantee the walmart greater wouldnt sell out on a blitz every 3rd down.

Take that special teams Grantham with him.

Would be the best news in a long time.

Then call jim tressel and les miles.

Put more knowledge on our sideline.

Would celebrate louisville getting better.

I seriously doubt he is going anywhere if his own accord. He's making a ton of money, he and his family love Louisville - his kids are fully ingrained in their schools and he's moved almost a dozen times already to get to this type of spot. Lastly, Starkville, MS is an absolute dump.

A blind walmart greater would be a better dc.

Gurantee the walmart greater wouldnt sell out on a blitz every 3rd down.

Take that special teams Grantham with him.

Would be the best news in a long time.

Then call jim tressel and les miles.

Put more knowledge on our sideline.
Here we have the epitome of the average Ms. Beasley post.

Start with a heaping helping of ignorance, throw in some lame insults and sprinkle in a little hyperbole and - Voila!

Completely ignoring the facts that tressel is not going to leave his job as the president of Youngstown St and that Miles is looking for a head coaching job - NEITHER ONE HAS EVER COACHED A DOWN OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL ON THE DEFENSIVE SIDE OF THE BALL.

Do the board a favor and stop pressing the 'post' button and take up scrapbooking. :mad:

Start with a heaping helping of ignorance, throw in some lame insults and sprinkle in a little hyperbole and - Voila!

Completely ignoring the facts that tressel is not going to leave his job as the president of Youngstown St and that Miles is looking for a head coaching job - NEITHER ONE HAS EVER COACHED A DOWN OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL ON THE DEFENSIVE SIDE OF THE BALL.

Do the board a favor and stop pressing the 'post' button and take up scrapbooking. :mad:
Sorry mr hall monitor, but its just my opinion.
Should be 4 open coaching positions. Miles and tressel should get a sniff just like saban and dabo haveing extra help on thejr staffs.

Many solid recruiters and defensive staff would love what louisville has to offer.

I would personally be happy to see hjs 3rd and grantham defense somewhere else.

I didnt make up 3rd and grantham. I am just tired of seeing it.

Reactions: Kentucky31

That's savage, but a very accurate description of this post. If we lose Grantham at this stage in the game we are toast for next season. We can't afford to lose this recruiting class or exchange a defensive coordinator who is putting top 15 defenses on the field every year for some nobody. There is literally no one availaible. Not sure why Beas and others are calling for grantham to be canned when we have no better option. Klenakis on the other hand is a position coach and those kinds of guys are a dime a dozen.

We will never be a championship team with the granthams of our sidelines.

Special teams are not special.
Defense is as predictable on 3rd down as finding old women in a bingo hall.

The names with knowledge are available and would bring recruiting with them.

I hope the rumor is true.

Good riddance would be shouted by many.

We will never be a championship team with the granthams of our sidelines.

Special teams are not special.
Defense is as predictable on 3rd down as finding old women in a bingo hall.

The names with knowledge are available and would bring recruiting with them.

I hope the rumor is true.

Good riddance would be shouted by many.
Other than miles who as pointed above has never been a defensive coach who is a viable option at this stage in the game? This departure would have been better early in the season and I agree that there are better coordinators but who is willing to come here that is better than grantham and is available? No sarcasm I'm just curious who you're hearing

That's savage, but a very accurate description of this post. If we lose Grantham at this stage in the game we are toast for next season. We can't afford to lose this recruiting class or exchange a defensive coordinator who is putting top 15 defenses on the field every year for some nobody. There is literally no one availaible. Not sure why Beas and others are calling for grantham to be canned when we have no better option. Klenakis on the other hand is a position coach and those kinds of guys are a dime a dozen.
I agree with you 100%.

Reactions: Cardinal Cash
LouisvilleSportsLive just pointed out...
Todd Grantham has removed all UofL related material from his twitter bio...
Appears that after signing day we flush the toilet with that trash dc. Hope he takes his brother with him because our special teams have sucked under grantham.

Good riddance to him.

Now lets put nick as an unpaid volunteer and use these coaching openings as a way to hire some names that need a little help getting a better job.
Bobby needs a little help from mature coaches that have been through the fire.

It will help on gameday and help with recruiting.

I feel great knowing 3rd and grantham is off of my sideline. Happy he will go let some other fanbase down.

Louisville is making a statement that mediocre football is not enough and that feels great.

Massive changes were needed to rid this team of Moron coaches. Glad the sweaty lost moron 3rd and grantham will not be on the staff next season.

Great day to be a Cardinal fan.

Other than miles who as pointed above has never been a defensive coach who is a viable option at this stage in the game? This departure would have been better early in the season and I agree that there are better coordinators but who is willing to come here that is better than grantham and is available? No sarcasm I'm just curious who you're hearing
Manage your way through the insults from bpghost and he has no substance or anything that adds to the discussion. His only posts qre to insult me.

The way our offense played didnt insult him
The way our defense played didnt insult him
The way our special teams played didnt insult him.

But if by the facts presented about 47 sacks surrendered and us ranking 126th out of 128 teams...

Facts that we are one of the worst rushing teams with our running backs....

Facts that the only way we have got pressure on opposing gb's is with a predictable blitz on 3rd down.

Presenting those facts brings out the insults from bpghost.

Insulting me will not make us a better team. Insulting me will not make our linemen better.

Firing 4 morons and hiring better coaches will make us a better team.

Mediocre football will not be accepted at louisville and the firing of the moron Grantham is a great start.

No more 3rd and grantham on our sideline.

Feeeeelllllllls good.

No matter how many insults bpghost throws my way. We get better as a team sending that predictable, clueless, moron grantham packing.

One thing a program needs to strive for is employment stability. Having job turnover within the coaching staff means less consistency. It's hard enough to build a program with a rotating roster, but a rotating coaching staff makes it that much more difficult IMO.

If he goes, then he goes. We've reached the point as a program that we can afford a top notch DC just as good or better. Again, the only part I don't like is losing the stability within the staff.

I hate seeing Grantham go. Throw out all the semantics you want, fact is we were top 10-15 in total defense every year he was here.

That's going to be hard to replace at this point in the juncture. My guess would be you have to look at a position coach at a really big school that's already prime. Maybe Schiano at OSU?

Reactions: Cardinal Cash
The only point I will add to this conversation is please check out the national "3rd down defense percentage" stats during Grantham's tenure before you use the ole "3rd and Grantham" moniker.

Last edited:
Reactions: BPGhost
The only point I will add to this conversation is please check out the national "3rd down defense percentage" stats during Grantham's tenure before you use the ole "3rd and Grantham" moniker.
We had a better defense under Strong.
Grantham is too predictable and it is a great day to see him gone.

We will never win it all with a predictable defense. If you go back to our big games, especially clemson grantham was lit up because he was predictable. The fsu game against jamies comes to mind as well.

Take his brother todd and klenakis with them.

Bring in some other high profile coaches and take advantage of lamar being on our sideline.

This season was so bad we need complete overhaul. I made that statement and got roasted for it. But am happy to see us overhauling.

We need change. Glad we are getting it.

We had a better defense under Strong.
Grantham is too predictable and it is a great day to see him gone.

We will never win it all with a predictable defense. If you go back to our big games, especially clemson grantham was lit up because he was predictable. The fsu game against jamies comes to mind as well.

Take his brother todd and klenakis with them.

Bring in some other high profile coaches and take advantage of lamar being on our sideline.

This season was so bad we need complete overhaul. I made that statement and got roasted for it. But am happy to see us overhauling.

We need change. Glad we are getting it.
Our offense has become very predictable too. The last three games I could narrow it down to almost three plays each play that we would run.

There is a core of you that looks at an issue like Grantham through such a reactionary prism that I hope that: 1. You're not responsible for the livelihood and employment of multiple people and families, 2. you're not an elected official and if so...not in my voting precinct or District, 3. you do realize...Bobby Petrino doesn't have the same volume of professional advocates as your garden variety former NFL head man, offensive coordinator, SEC head coach and SEC offensive coordinator. That should be a Gold Standard for working under someone and volumes of qualified and aspirant coordinators to jump onboard.

...and I'm pointing the spotlight at you in particular beasley. Petrino has burned more coaches and bridges than anybody in football at any level. References won't come from Mike Zimmer the head man at Minnesota, current Browns head man Hue Jackson who was his O.C. at Atlanta. Anybody associated with Tom Coughlin, who is an abundant reference. You think anybody from Tommy Tuberville's once abundant assistant tree would consider it. Getting a quality replacement at Defensive coordinator and not being able to qualify to the multitude of recruits coming in this weekend just what type of defensive scheme we will be employing--or the coaches coaching them--doesn't strike me as a selling point. You're cutting off your nose despite your face. Getting a high standard coach as you say comes with a whole bunch of bullets that you seem to think we have...but don't.

You don't want Grantham, fine...but you're an outright fool to think that we're getting a peer replacement for him.

We had a better defense under Strong because we had a more conservative offense. The two go hand and hand. When the offense turns the ball over at a high rate and doesn't control the clock, it puts more pressure on the defense. So before you go bashing Grantham, consider what his own offense brought into the equation.

We had a better defense under Strong because we had a more conservative offense. The two go hand and hand. When the offense turns the ball over at a high rate and doesn't control the clock, it puts more pressure on the defense. So before you go bashing Grantham, consider what his own offense brought into the equation.
No doubt. Grantham's defense usually had an average of about 50 seconds to catch their breath after coming off the field. For the first 10 games it was because of Lamar and the offense scoring TDs in 3 plays or less and in the last 3 games it was right back out on the field after a 3 and out or a turnover.

Reactions: BPGhost
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT