ADVERTISEMENT

Roster Management

Thecycle27

Three-Star Poster
Sep 17, 2017
College basketball is in a very interesting time. There are rules that changed the game forever. The 3pt shot, the shot clock and one and done rules all come to mind. The coaches that adapted to those changes quickly were extremely successful. The transfer rule is changing the game.

It will be interesting to see how the different coaches approach the new market place. How will they manage their rosters? What will be the next big trend? Will the transfers becomes the next one and done? How does this impact high school recruiting?

It will be very interesting to watch how older and younger coaches deal with this new world. The offseason may become more interesting than the regular season.

Reactions: Mayoman and PHCARD
The game is for sure in a new place. Roster turnover is going to be extreme for some programs. Kind of hard to develop players I'd think? I don't know how a coach can successfully cultivate a recruiting class because you can't play them all and the reality is it's 1-2 years per player now then they move on I'd imagine?

I believe it is now about selling a system and more importantly finding guys that can hit the ground running into that system.

Reactions: PHCARD
I am fine with paying the kids to forego college and get paid $100,000 to go to a developmental league. That way we don’t have to listen to their parents complaining that a college scholarship and room & board is not enough. The problem is most of these kids will be unemployed within a couple of years and have no future after that.

Reactions: SiouxfallsEric13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT