ADVERTISEMENT

Rooting for Clemson Loss

cardinalrod

Three-Star Poster
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2005
Earth
Looking at the schedule ahead for Clemson, it seems they've got a pretty easy schedule ahead and a potential to lose two games by seasons end. I will be rooting for a Clemson loss every week the rest of the way out.

@ Boston College (Win)
NC State @ home (would've been good chance had it been on the road. NC State has historically give Clemson fits) (Close Win)
@FSU (Potential Loss #1)
@ Syracuse (Win)
Pitt @ home (Win)
@ Wake Forest (Win)
South Carolina @ home
Potential ACC Championship Game (Miami, North Carolina, Va Tech) (Potential Loss #2)

Not sure why you feel that way, but you are certainly entitled to feel that way. I doubt Clemson loses to anyone to be honest. They might lose to FSU, but seeing how we gashed them, and seeing how Clemson's offense is very good, I don't see that happening. FSU has issues. Lots of issues.

Now it is possible for the Tigers to get beat in the ACC championship game, but again, it's unlikely. Clemson is well balanced on both sides of the ball.

I'm more concerned with UofL running the table which might get them a chance to move up to the top 4. Clemson losing twice would help that, but we would also need 2 more in the top 6 to lose too.

FSU will definitely have to hope that Derwin James is back and healthy for that game against Clemson. They will need him in order to be able to stop that Clemson offense.

Reactions: beasleythecard
I would like to see Clemson win out. That would only help our cause, if of course we win out. With some help the ACC could have two teams in the playoff. It would be sweet to face them again when much more is at stake.

Reactions: Rollem Cards
Not sure why you feel that way, but you are certainly entitled to feel that way. I doubt Clemson loses to anyone to be honest. They might lose to FSU, but seeing how we gashed them, and seeing how Clemson's offense is very good, I don't see that happening. FSU has issues. Lots of issues.

Now it is possible for the Tigers to get beat in the ACC championship game, but again, it's unlikely. Clemson is well balanced on both sides of the ball.

I'm more concerned with UofL running the table which might get them a chance to move up to the top 4. Clemson losing twice would help that, but we would also need 2 more in the top 6 to lose too.

If we should run the table, (including beating a top 5/4 Houston team on the road) and a Clemson loss in the ACC Championship game, I believe it opens our chances to have two ACC teams in the Playoff (one from the Atlantic and one from the coastal). The BIG 12 and the PAC12 are not looking like world beaters at the moment with the exception of Washington which has at least 2 losses ahead of them.

I would like to see Clemson win out. That would only help our cause, if of course we win out. With some help the ACC could have two teams in the playoff. It would be sweet to face them again when much more is at stake.

They are currently my second favorite team, but at this point I'm rooting for them to lose two games in the conference regular season. If Louisville gets into the playoff as a team that didn't even win its division, it will be the first time since Alabama did it under the old BCS system, when we had an LSU-Alabama matchup in the championship game.

It's possible, but we don't have the old BCS system anymore, where the decision was made by polls and computer rankings. Now we have a committee, and there's going to be politicking that gravitates toward conference champions getting the benefit of the doubt.

They are currently my second favorite team, but at this point I'm rooting for them to lose two games in the conference regular season. If Louisville gets into the playoff as a team that didn't even win its division, it will be the first time since Alabama did it under the old BCS system, when we had an LSU-Alabama matchup in the championship game.

It's possible, but we don't have the old BCS system anymore, where the decision was made by polls and computer rankings. Now we have a committee, and there's going to be politicking that gravitates toward conference champions getting the benefit of the doubt.
Louisville has to win out, and then we have to have complete chaos in every league and have com=nference champions with 2-3 losses. That is the best case scenario for us. The second best case is to win out and go to the orange bowl. In any case, we have to win out and hope for the best. being ranked 7th is great for us as we are above teams that are undefeated.

The playoff is the top 4 teams selected by the committee. If things happen as we wish with top teams losing, we have a chance to sneak in.

Reactions: PushupMan
Houston needs to win out until we play them then if we beat them it could leapfrog us past Clemson in the playoff rankings. We dont have to be ACC champs to make the playoff. If Clemson wins out they are in. Just one loss by the and the door is open again.

Houston needs to win out until we play them then if we beat them it could leapfrog us past Clemson in the playoff rankings. We dont have to be ACC champs to make the playoff. If Clemson wins out they are in. Just one loss by the and the door is open again.
Or two Clemson losses in the regular season would open the door for us. I'm rooting for them to lose and us to win.

Wake could upset them.
like-a-boss-e1350189178780_6.jpg

Although I'll be hoping it happens, I can't see Clemson losing 2 games. I doubt even FSU can beat them and Pittsburgh while decent isn't going to beat them at Clemson.

Clemson needs to win out, impressively, and be ranked number one. We need to win out, impressively, with a big road win at Houston, followed by a massive beat down of U.K. On top of that, we need some chaos among the leaders of the other leagues. That is our best path. It would be nice to see Bama, OSU, Michigan, Baylor, and Washington take a tumble.

Clemson needs to win out, impressively, and be ranked number one. We need to win out, impressively, with a big road win at Houston, followed by a massive beat down of U.K. On top of that, we need some chaos among the leaders of the other leagues. That is our best path. It would be nice to see Bama, OSU, Michigan, Baylor, and Washington take a tumble.
It would be nice if the loser of the OSU-Michigan game already had another loss. Otherwise they can make the same argument as a one loss Louisville team.

Washington is the key IMO. They most likely have to lose once for us to have a shot. I also can't see Baylor not stumbling at least once along with WVU and that will be all that is needed to keep the Big 12 out of the Playoff.

Maybe it will end up chaotic but I'm penciling in The SEC Champ, Clemson and the OSU-Mich winner.

If we win out impressively and Washington drops one, I like our chances.

Just an observer's role for me... Clemson either winning or losing can have the desired outcome of advancing our cause. Tough to predict that on October 1st.

I never root against an ACC team, ever. The only game I will for sure be pulling for Clemson is against USCjr. (Like they need my rooting support in that one...)

If Clemson loses a game to Wake, for example, how much better does that ACC team look? A team that we also play, by the way...

Reactions: cardinalrod
If Louisville wins out,they are in the BCS.You would be awful foolish to think that money doesn't drive this thing more than computers.If the committee gets a chance to get LJ in the playoffs,they do it period.
1Bama
2CU
3OSU
4LVLLE

Pat Forde sees it the same.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/forde-...and-which-are-barely-surviving-050133202.html

Louisville (26)
. The biggest problem for the Cardinals is that their crossover ACC opponents are weak: Duke and Virginia, a combined 4-6. Unless Clemson somehow loses twice in ACC play and surrenders the Atlantic Division, Louisville will not get a shot at a Miami or North Carolina to boost its résumé. Playing Houston late is a great bonus, but following that with a weak Kentucky team is not. Louisville should root for Florida State and Houston to win out.

If Louisville wins out,they are in the BCS.You would be awful foolish to think that money doesn't drive this thing more than computers.If the committee gets a chance to get LJ in the playoffs,they do it period.
1Bama
2CU
3OSU
4LVLLE

I agree with our friend from the South.

Louisville is the highest-ranked team with 1 loss at #7, and that loss happened early. Because of scheduling, the teams ahead of us will have a loss late & can't all be undefeated. So if the Cards win out, they are in.

Reactions: Cue Card
Looking at the schedule ahead for Clemson, it seems they've got a pretty easy schedule ahead and a potential to lose two games by seasons end. I will be rooting for a Clemson loss every week the rest of the way out.

@ Boston College (Win)
NC State @ home (would've been good chance had it been on the road. NC State has historically give Clemson fits) (Close Win)
@FSU (Potential Loss #1)
@ Syracuse (Win)
Pitt @ home (Win)
@ Wake Forest (Win)
South Carolina @ home
Potential ACC Championship Game (Miami, North Carolina, Va Tech) (Potential Loss #2)

After their upset over the Cards, they might experience a let down against BC. BC can play some defense. They actually rank numero uno in total defense currently.

I agree with our friend from the South.

Louisville is the highest-ranked team with 1 loss at #7, and that loss happened early. Because of scheduling, the teams ahead of us will have a loss late & can't all be undefeated. So if the Cards win out, they are in.
Not true. Clemson, Ohio St or Michigan, Alabama and #5 Washington are all ranked ahead of us and 4 of the 5 can finish undefeated.

Louisville has only path to the playoff and that is for Clemson to lose twice and we take their place in the ACC championship game that is not likely to happen so the cards are most likely to go to the Orange Bowl all these people i keep hearing on the radio and elsewhere who keep saying the cards have a good chance of making the playoffs are dreaming Clemson has to lose two ACC games.

Louisville has only path to the playoff and that is for Clemson to lose twice and we take their place in the ACC championship game that is not likely to happen so the cards are most likely to go to the Orange Bowl all these people i keep hearing on the radio and elsewhere who keep saying the cards have a good chance of making the playoffs are dreaming Clemson has to lose two ACC games.
That's just not true for one reason and one reason only. The first BCS poll won't be released until November 1. We don't know who the top 4 teams will be yet. It's possible for UofL to be closer to the top 4 than what we believe to be true today.

Forget about that, they won't lose now. They don't have a good team left on the schedule!!!

That's just not true for one reason and one reason only. The first BCS poll won't be released until November 1. We don't know who the top 4 teams will be yet. It's possible for UofL to be closer to the top 4 than what we believe to be true today.

I predict UofL will be #5 in the first poll.
Also #5 in the last poll, unless Clemson loses two games ( highely unlikely ).

Cards will play Tennessee in the Orange Bowl.

Forget about that, they won't lose now. They don't have a good team left on the schedule!!!

Yes and we have teams like South Carolina and S C State negating our good wins and SOS. But we try to help out the Div. 1A instate schools by playing them. Pulling for the Cards. I would hate to play you guys again before the Championship game but I believe you get your shot. Once again with BB, hoops, and FB you folks have been a great addition to the ACC and I hope CU fans give you your props and are good losers when you beat us in the future.

Reactions: Steelers2012
Unfortunately, we need Clemson to win out. We need a loss from both Big 12 and PAC 12 champions. We need to finish strong and blast a top 5 Houston team.

1Bama
2CU
3OSU
4LVLLE

You are 100% correct! There's a reason almost every media outlet is lobbying for Louisville to be in the playoffs. The ratings would be off the charts with Clemson/OSU or Mich/ Alabama/Louisville. No offense to Washington, WVU or Baylor but they don't have the cache this year to drive that interest. They don't want them in there.

Us winning out now with Houston not in the top 5 gets us nowhere near the playoff. IMO
Too early to tell. Lots of football left to be played and none of it matters if the Cards don't win the next game in front of them. The only thing they can control is win. Anything short of winning every game makes it a moot point.

Us winning out now with Houston not in the top 5 gets us nowhere near the playoff. IMO
I would suggest that you relax and just cheer us on instead of worry. Our standing as a top 10 team at this point of the season means we have to win out and do so impressively. With one of the CFP members saying he is very impressed with us is important. What we can do is take care of what we control. WE CONTROL WINNING OUT.
Louisville needs to beat the living crap out of Duke, then week by week beat every opponent left on our schedule and take no mercy.

Would help us tremendously if we could hold the remaining teams scores low as well.

The CFP is about ratings ............. Lamar is RATINGS.......... we need to win out.

Reactions: zipp and Cue Card
After Houston losing to Navy we need two Clemson losses in the worst way.

I think it's the opposite. Yes, Houston losing takes away the luster of that game, and a chance to make us look even better (if it was a win against a Top 10 opponent). We got to this point because of the national opinion of our two "quality" opponents so far, FSU and Clemson. If FSU goes into the tank and Clemson ends up with two losses, our blowout win and close loss don't look nearly as good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT