ADVERTISEMENT

Rick Pitino - New NCAA Allegations

Unfortunately and until this program gets anywhere close to the mojo it once had, Pitino will remain a reference point in discussions and debates.

If that reopens a can of worms each time, I don't know how to avoid the subject of Pitino.

You can't lose track of the important issue--the program...

Unfortunately and until this program gets anywhere close to the mojo it once had, Pitino will remain a reference point in discussions and debates.

If that reopens a can of worms each time, I don't know how to avoid the subject of Pitino.

You can't lose track of the important issue--the program...
And so will Denny Crum since Payne stared under him and was part of a NC team.

It would be awesome to see Payne experience that type of success at UofL.

The program has been on life support for far too long...past time to make a full recovery.:oops:;)

Reactions: gocds
(Un)fortunately, fewer and fewer people are able to make firsthand comparisons with the Denny Crum years because of how much time has elapsed. All people under 35 can look at are records. There's also the context issue; Denny never competed with/against many of the factors in place today.

Just about everyone can recall the Pitino years. And while the game is changing, it's not a generational issue yet...

Kenny Payne did not play under Rich Pitino. Crum was his coach and mentor during his playing time at UofL.

All one has to do to familiarize themselves with Crum's teams is watch them on U Tube. The young folks today are good at that I am told. That has more value than just looking at records no matter the age.

How much will Payne use of that experience and knowledge will be determined soon.

Reactions: gocds
I don't think we're having the same debate...

My comment was WRT posters and patrons who wanna delve into the History of Rick every time his name is mentioned in this space. It's typically a sidebar to the underlying subject each time.

I do hope KP has retained some of the coaching knowledge he witnessed daily in practice almost forty years ago. We'll be a better team because of it...

Reactions: Mayoman
The game has changed a lot. I see KP utilizing past instructions and play style with a revamped nba style that’s more prevalent in todays game. It also doesn’t hurt that this team is much more athletic than last years team. I see a fast moving offensive scheme.

I don't think we're having the same debate...

My comment was WRT posters and patrons who wanna delve into the History of Rick every time his name is mentioned in this space. It's typically a sidebar to the underlying subject each time.

I do hope KP has retained some of the coaching knowledge he witnessed daily in practice almost forty years ago. We'll be a better team because of it...
First impressions are lasting impressions or so I have been taught. Whether it was 40 years ago or 40 days ago, those memories are imprinted in his brain. As are subsequent mentors memories.

I get what you are saying.

And Payne likely will be his own man and have his own coaching style. Like you say we will be a better team for it. Cheers!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT