ADVERTISEMENT

recruiting?? you dont see this too often

Kind of interesting to look at that list and compare to some other states. There are a few states that have more 5-star players than Kentucky has 4-stars.

Reactions: rh62531
The class is currently ranked 20th by Rivals, so we can't really complain where the talent comes from. Or, in this case, doesn't come from. Plus, there's always been subtle lingering issues with UofL and in state recruits. Louisville, for the most part, likes to recruit outside the state. I can't remember the players name. Louisville kid, pretty good, Deuce something or the other, played at WKU- he wanted Louisville bad, but Charlie wanted Radcliff from Miami. Deuce made a stink about it publicly. My point is Kentucky is not a high priority state to recruit for UofL. Louisville area kids are another story. Statewide, not so much.

Like I have said before our best years were when we had the top players in the state with good recruits from Florida and elsewhere. I guess people don’t remember the Brohm brothers, Michael Bush, Victor Anderson, Reggie Bonafhon and etc.

Reactions: rh62531 and PHCARD
This is just my opinion take it as you want. Being involved within the local high school and junior athletic fields. Having family and friends with kids being recruited or receiving letters in football. The main thing i can tell you as fact with Satterfields staff is that they really are about system fit within their program . He is not going to take a local or instate kid just for the sake of it going forward. Personally i don't really care for that but its his program. His staff stated to a family friend skid that really wants to attend U of L, that he just doesnt fit their offensive scheme and he would be doing the kid a disservice by taking him . That i can see. But Sattefield is going to have to understand you need to take some of those in state guys and make it work in order to gain some good will around the state. UK just takes these guys . This also holds true in BB something Rick really dropped the ball on while here.

This is just my opinion take it as you want. Being involved within the local high school and junior athletic fields. Having family and friends with kids being recruited or receiving letters in football. The main thing i can tell you as fact with Satterfields staff is that they really are about system fit within their program . He is not going to take a local or instate kid just for the sake of it going forward. Personally i don't really care for that but its his program. His staff stated to a family friend skid that really wants to attend U of L, that he just doesnt fit their offensive scheme and he would be doing the kid a disservice by taking him . That i can see. But Sattefield is going to have to understand you need to take some of those in state guys and make it work in order to gain some good will around the state. UK just takes these guys . This also holds true in BB something Rick really dropped the ball on while here.

So much for the merit and good fit stance...you are saying take them even if they don't fit? I agree with Satt, that serves neither party very well. Honesty is far better than blowing smoke up someone's keister for what?

Better to stay true to your mission IMO. Different strokes for different folks.

So much for the merit and good fit stance...you are saying take them even if they don't fit? I agree with Satt, that serves neither party very well. Honesty is far better than blowing smoke up someone's keister for what?

Better to stay true to your mission IMO. Different strokes for different folks.
I look at like this all programs take players they feel fit and you never really see them play the entire time they are on a team. Those players usually just end up on special teams . Well i hope you are not going to be the fanbase that will start whining and crying about his lack of recruiting of instate players down the line. Bobby is the reason why alot of the instate decent players go east now. JJ didnt want to go to UK everybody knows this. It was too late to get a relationship with Satts staff. And blowing soke up peoples butts thats part of recruiting against your instate rival take em even though you really don't want them. Rick learned that a few times with Cal. Now Uk fb is doing the same thing.

I look at like this all programs take players they feel fit and you never really see them play the entire time they are on a team. Those players usually just end up on special teams . Well i hope you are not going to be the fanbase that will start whining and crying about his lack of recruiting of instate players down the line. Bobby is the reason why alot of the instate decent players go east now. JJ didnt want to go to UK everybody knows this. It was too late to get a relationship with Satts staff. And blowing soke up peoples butts thats part of recruiting against your instate rival take em even though you really don't want them. Rick learned that a few times with Cal. Now Uk fb is doing the same thing.

Balderdash. Take the players that fit your system. Don't be a lemming and follow the crowd think that other schools do it so it must be right.

U of L doesn't have the luxury of missing on a scholarship right now to do this rebuild...everyone counts and can't waste any on one that does not fit the bill....Just my POV.

Reactions: rh62531
Gave a couple of local walk-on kids schollys, so there is that. The OL and Dunn were the only ones we would have gone hard after anyways. Seems like we got what we wanted as it relates to S, TE, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT