ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting class.

CardX

Five-Star Poster
May 29, 2001
Ranked 18th currently. I'm liking the looks of these guys. Sirmon came through with his reputation as a recruiter. Florida ties remain strong. But, no Kentucky, or especially no Louisville kids? Seems odd.<EDIT> Per Demling, 5 more LOI's are expected to be received today, so perhaps a local kid will sign.

https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2018/all-teams/football

I noticed that Louisville still has 18 verbal commits not listed as "signed LOI". Is this just a delay in the database? Thank you.

I noticed that Louisville still has 18 verbal commits not listed as "signed LOI". Is this just a delay in the database? Thank you.

Yes, just a delay. UofL received 20 signed LOI's today. Petrino and Co. are killing it.

Last edited:
Ranked 18th currently. I'm liking the looks of these guys. Sirmon came through with his reputation as a recruiter. Florida ties remain strong. But, no Kentucky, or especially no Louisville kids? Seems odd.<EDIT> Per Demling, 5 more LOI's are expected to be received today, so perhaps a local kid will sign.

https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2018/all-teams/football

Dont care if Louisville or State kids dont want to wear Red and Black.
That's their loss.

Some will transfer to UofL after they 'fail' elsewhere, like the hometown player transferring from OSU.

That's their loss.

Some will transfer to UofL after they 'fail' elsewhere, like the hometown player transferring from OSU.
The 2019 Class in state is LOADED! Got to believe we'll do quite well in state next year! Best class in state in a very long time

The 2019 Class in state is LOADED! Got to believe we'll do quite well in state next year! Best class in state in a very long time

Big deal....it still isn't the equal of FB states like FL< GA<AL, etc, etc. Don't make the mistake that KY 3-4-5 stars are the equal of the same star rating of those other states. Players in those states play top tier competition on a consistent basis.....Ky players - not so much....so not as skilled or ready for P5 competition.....just the way it is.

Big deal....it still isn't the equal of FB states like FL< GA<AL, etc, etc. Don't make the mistake that KY 3-4-5 stars are the equal of the same star rating of those other states. Players in those states play top tier competition on a consistent basis.....Ky players - not so much....so not as skilled or ready for P5 competition.....just the way it is.
It's a VERtten more aboutY big deal when CBP has said this class in state is a priority for him and the staff. They've forgotten more about talent evaluation than you know so get over yourself.

Reactions: American Male
It's a VERtten more aboutY big deal when CBP has said this class in state is a priority for him and the staff. They've forgotten more about talent evaluation than you know so get over yourself.
Somebody needs to get over themselves.

How many top Ky kids has uk gotten over the years never to be heard from again? I've watched uk get the best from Ky for 50 years and they're still uk. They've not built a consistent winner with them since The Bear and Schnellenberger was there.

Kash Danial being the latest 4 star Johnson County superstar who has barely seen the field as bad as their defense is.

Sure there is the occasional Shaun Alexander, Michael Bush, Brian Brohm, or Damien Harris.

Trinity HS, with Umpteen State Champs and one National (IIRC) doesn't have any "names" in P5 ball that jump to mind. Just shows he's built a helluva TEAM over there without numerous superstars.

With no Spring ball in Ky, our kids are behind Football First states. Therefore can not be as good as other incoming Fr. THAT cannot be denied.

CBP has never felt the need to recruit here before, and now I'd bet he's doing it to enhance the "new" Bobby image.

We'll see how hard he goes after them. If he does, good. If he doesn't?

Nothing new.

Is this English or did you get upset about a differing POV and forget how to converse?

I don't have to know anything about talent evaluation to know that what Rollem so eloquently stated is true about the state of FB in the state of KY.

I would tell you to get over yourself....but not sure you would know how to do it....so I will just be kind to you and say, Oh, you graduated from PRP.....and just walk away.

Reactions: Kentucky31
That's their loss.

This is why we didn’t have any this year. Other than a couple it was a fairly flat class this. Next year will be much different I suspect.

This is true but I suspect we will have a few from our area next year. We’ve had our share of good players from Louisville

Neither UK nor UofL did much in the way of in state players. Lots of reasons.
Sheer numbers of players. The State just doesn't have them.
Quality of player. Sorry....it still appears a three star kid from Florida or Georgia is equal to a four star Kentucky kid. A lot of that is the competition they go against.
And always that big bugaboo....the kids want to leave home and see someplace new.

Reactions: swurv99
When a state only produces 2 top 300 players, according to ESPN, there isn't much to get excited about. It isn't the fault of the high school coaches or programs it is purely in the number of people that live in the state. The staff would be crazy to put too much emphasis on Kentucky. They have to stay engaged with the high schools but lets be honest it not like these high school coaches are pushing elite kids to either Louisville or UK. There is a disconnected between the high schools and U of L/UK. Basketball is no different.

The player of the year in 3A, while small but bigger than Atwell, didn't get scholarship offer from any of the state schools. He tore it up at that level yet wasn't viewed by any of the staffs to be that level. The player of the year in any class in Florida is getting a full ride somewhere.

Louisville is in such as weird spot with trying to land instate kids outside of Jeffersonville because they are pushed to UK or out of state. A good number of the Jefferson County kids want to leave the state. Add this reality with low number of impact players it really is hard to justify putting too many resources to this state. The staff has to identify classes that they feel they can win their share of battles.

Despite an outstanding recruiting class, the team ranking got knocked down to 20th. Still, really solid. Petrino's best class thus far this second go around.

Despite an outstanding recruiting class, the team ranking got knocked down to 20th. Still, really solid. Petrino's best class thus far this second go around.

No respect by the so called ranking experts. It is what it is. In the grand scheme of things.....this will not determine how much CBP gets out of this class or not.

I tend to lean toward ESPN, but it doesn't matter who you prefer. The class rankings over a period of time are a pretty dang good indicator of where a team finishes in the conference. The chances are if Louisville is in the top, middle or bottom of the league recruiting wise year in year out then more times than not that is where they will finish. Louisville has traditional finished pretty close to how they were their classes where ranked within their own conference.

Being 17th in ESPN is really good. Can they follow up again next year? Then the next year? They do that they will have magical years more frequently.

Reactions: swurv99
Somebody needs to get over themselves.

How many top Ky kids has uk gotten over the years never to be heard from again? I've watched uk get the best from Ky for 50 years and they're still uk. They've not built a consistent winner with them since The Bear and Schnellenberger was there.

Kash Danial being the latest 4 star Johnson County superstar who has barely seen the field as bad as their defense is.

Sure there is the occasional Shaun Alexander, Michael Bush, Brian Brohm, or Damien Harris.

Trinity HS, with Umpteen State Champs and one National (IIRC) doesn't have any "names" in P5 ball that jump to mind. Just shows he's built a helluva TEAM over there without numerous superstars.

With no Spring ball in Ky, our kids are behind Football First states. Therefore can not be as good as other incoming Fr. THAT cannot be denied.

CBP has never felt the need to recruit here before, and now I'd bet he's doing it to enhance the "new" Bobby image.

We'll see how hard he goes after them. If he does, good. If he doesn't?

Nothing new.
Ky does have Spring practice again, but I agree that Trinity only had one senior that is power 5 potential (probably going to Purdue). A junior DE has P5 size and has improved a lot this year.

Ky does have Spring practice again, but I agree that Trinity only had one senior that is power 5 potential (probably going to Purdue). A junior DE has P5 size and has improved a lot this year.

Yes, actually we do have spring practice again, but I believe it’s a “no contact” spring practice. That adds to the “mystique” that Kentucky 3-4-5 star kids are not the equal to those same kids from FL, GA or AL. It’s simply true that generally KY kids are not at the same level as those from the more southern states.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: Rollem Cards
I tend to lean toward ESPN, but it doesn't matter who you prefer. The class rankings over a period of time are a pretty dang good indicator of where a team finishes in the conference. The chances are if Louisville is in the top, middle or bottom of the league recruiting wise year in year out then more times than not that is where they will finish. Louisville has traditional finished pretty close to how they were their classes where ranked within their own conference.

Being 17th in ESPN is really good. Can they follow up again next year? Then the next year? They do that they will have magical years more frequently.

With due respect to Rivals I mainly use ESPN as well...but I love the way the past two years the staff has attacked the line of scrimmage while taking a QB every year in Recruiting....

Reactions: zipp
Granted Mayoman I had a lot of typo's, that's what happens when you have a POS computer with keys that stick at 5 am lol You missed my point. I will stipulate that in average years our talent in state sucks compared to other states. However, 2019 is an anamoly and we have a lot of 4 star talent in this one class. Look at the other schools recruiting them as well. We do pop out exceptional talent on rare occasion. The rare case that Devante Parker is, HS kid from Louisville starting in the NFL in Miami, the hotbed of football recruiting. How ironic. CBP has offered 9 local kids for 2019 and he hasn't recruited that much in state since..well..Michael Bush, Brian Brohm and company, hmmm. not bad talent there. Also, don't look but there will be 2 five star kids from Kentucky starting for Alabama when we play them. Hmmm...makes one wonder if Saban knows what he's doing. lol

Reactions: Mayoman
Granted Mayoman I had a lot of typo's, that's what happens when you have a POS computer with keys that stick at 5 am lol You missed my point. I will stipulate that in average years our talent in state sucks compared to other states. However, 2019 is an anamoly and we have a lot of 4 star talent in this one class. Look at the other schools recruiting them as well. We do pop out exceptional talent on rare occasion. The rare case that Devante Parker is, HS kid from Louisville starting in the NFL in Miami, the hotbed of football recruiting. How ironic. CBP has offered 9 local kids for 2019 and he hasn't recruited that much in state since..well..Michael Bush, Brian Brohm and company, hmmm. not bad talent there. Also, don't look but there will be 2 five star kids from Kentucky starting for Alabama when we play them. Hmmm...makes one wonder if Saban knows what he's doing. lol

Actuallly I’m glad that the 2019 KY class has some good talent. I also hope that UofL has great success with those kids. But I’m only aware of one 5 star from Kentucky (Madison County kid) that will be starting for Alabama next Labor Day. Plus could someone please provide a list and location of all of these 2019 kids in Kentucky. Thanks in advance. I DO remember one fat ass kid from Hardin County that Saban supposedly went after that Stoops landed. But maybe that was a setup.

Reactions: Rollem Cards
Actuallly I’m glad that the 2019 KY class has some good talent. I also hope that UofL has great success with those kids. But I’m only aware of one 5 star from Kentucky (Madison County kid) that will be starting for Alabama next Labor Day. Plus could someone please provide a list and location of all of these 2019 kids in Kentucky. Thanks in advance. I DO remember one fat ass kid from Hardin County that Saban supposedly went after that Stoops landed. But maybe that was a setup.

I think the other 5 star kid is Jedrick Willis the OL or whatever his name is. Damien Harris will probably be NFL bound though so only 1 KY 5 star will be on the squad.

Plus could someone please provide a list and location of all of these 2019 kids in Kentucky. Thanks in advance.

The Cardinals have made Scott County offensive lineman Bryan Hudson, Glasgow lineman Tanner Bowles, Christian Academy wide receiver Milton Wright, Manual running back Aidan Robbins and Moore defensive end JJ Weaver major priorities.

But the Cardinals have also shown Western Hills athlete Wandale Robinson and Doss linebacker Shawnkel Knight-Goff a ton of love and will still go after Trinity's Stephen Herron - a Michigan commitment - and South Warren's Jacob Lacy - a Notre Dame commitment.

Owensboro Catholic running back Von Williams is also getting a lot of attention from the staff, along with Doss defensive lineman Ricky Barber.

Louisville also has a jump start on 2020 in the Bluegrass State.

The Cardinals have offered Bowling Green linebacker Vito Tisdale, Christian Academy offensive lineman John Young, Boyle County running back Landen Bartleson, and North Hardin defensive tackle Octavious Oxendine.

Lexington Christian lineman Walker Parks, Male wide receiver Izayah Cummings and Central's Aidan Moore are also already on the radar.

"We have to take care of our area and Kentucky," Petrino said last year during his signing day press conference. "It all starts there."

Reactions: gocds
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT