ADVERTISEMENT

Ready for the 'Brohm Era'.

Exactly right. BP is 1-8 against ranked teams since coming back. 1-5 against FSU and Clemson and 0-3 against Georgia, Auburn and LSU, the only 3 other ranked teams we have played.

Poster must have got his alternate universe 'fake stats' at Faux News.
Exactly right. BP is 1-8 against ranked teams since coming back. 1-5 against FSU and Clemson and 0-3 against Georgia, Auburn and LSU, the only 3 other ranked teams we have played.

Poster must have got his alternate universe 'fake stats' at Faux News.
More like CNN. Also known as the headquarters of the Democratic party.

More like CNN. Also known as the headquarters of the Democratic party.

This is always funny to hear and read. MSNBC is far and away the leftist news outlet, but CNN always gets tabbed. They are centrists, but since they don't slobber all over themselves with conservative leanings, they get labeled "headquarters of the Democratic Party." There's no question, however, where Fox stands.

This is always funny to hear and read. MSNBC is far and away the leftist news outlet, but CNN always gets tabbed. They are centrists, but since they don't slobber all over themselves with conservative leanings, they get labeled "headquarters of the Democratic Party." There's no question, however, where Fox stands.
There's no doubt Fox is the headquarters of the GOP. But when you're outnumbered in the media by a LARGE margin both on cable and network, it's good to have your own station.

MSNBC is obviously more left but they don't carry the name that most casual news watchers know in CNN. They carry much more weight and would be the obvious choice for the dems media headquarters.

Anybody who doesn't believe there's been a long going collusion between the media and democrats simply isn't paying attention. The GOP is way behind and their ineptness makes it impossible to close the gap. And make no mistake, if the tables were turned, it would be much the same. Politics and ideology rule the day.

Great point. I was thinking of MSNBC when I posted and not CNN.

Now back to sports.

There's no doubt Fox is the headquarters of the GOP. But when you're outnumbered in the media by a LARGE margin both on cable and network, it's good to have your own station.

MSNBC is obviously more left but they don't carry the name that most casual news watchers know in CNN. They carry much more weight and would be the obvious choice for the dems media headquarters.

Anybody who doesn't believe there's been a long going collusion between the media and democrats simply isn't paying attention. The GOP is way behind and their ineptness makes it impossible to close the gap. And make no mistake, if the tables were turned, it would be much the same. Politics and ideology rule the day.
In before the thread lock!

This is not word, it is the truth. After all Jurich fired Brohm as our Offensive Coordinator, blaming him for all of Steve Crapthorpes bad offensive decisions. Brohm will never work for Jurich,
And this may be true.It probably is what motivates JB to work diligently to prove himself.The Brohms have UofL football in their dna.They breathe it every day,whether or not they're a part of it directly.

I'm pretty sure if there were serious considerations on hiring Brohm, both parties are professional enough to come to an agreement. They both breathe Cards football.

A huge opportunity for Brohm today against Michigan.

I'm just glad we played Purdue when we did (1st game of season). Sadly I honestly believe that if UofL and Purdue play that game this weekend Purdue wins. They are better coached on defense and more disciplined on both sides of the ball. We were lucky we played them the 1st weekend when they were still working out a lot of kinks and getting used to Brohm as head coach.

I'm just glad we played Purdue when we did (1st game of season). Sadly I honestly believe that if UofL and Purdue play that game this weekend Purdue wins. They are better coached on defense and more disciplined on both sides of the ball. We were lucky we played them the 1st weekend when they were still working out a lot of kinks and getting used to Brohm as head coach.

Yeah, Purdue is playing well. It's amazing what Brohm is doing there. Hopefully he can sustain it.

What made me absolutely mad today was the play calling. In the 1st half all we needed on 1 play was a half yard, and Petrino didn't call a QB sneak or a LJ run play. Petrino is the OC, but mn oh man did he makes some very questionable offensive calls.

What made me absolutely mad today was the play calling. In the 1st half all we needed on 1 play was a half yard, and Petrino didn't call a QB sneak or a LJ run play. Petrino is the OC, but mn oh man did he makes some very questionable offensive calls.
If you're talking about the hand-off to the RB, I had no problem with that call. If your RB and O-line can't power ahead for one yard against Kent State, your personnel and execution have issues. I think that's exactly what Petrino wanted to test in his offense, and he looked like he was pretty unhappy with the results.

You shouldn't need anything more than that against Kent State...

Reactions: Ipartiedwithhopgood
They for sure need a defensive coach who understands the targeting rule. That's at least their 3rd DQ this year...

The fighting Jeff Brohms just took their last breath against Michigan. I kid because I was definitely pulling for them. I am not a Harbaugh fan, but it looks like his defense has just reloaded. Purdue can't move the ball.

This is not word, it is the truth. After all Jurich fired Brohm as our Offensive Coordinator, blaming him for all of Steve Crapthorpes bad offensive decisions. Brohm will never work for Jurich,
If everything you have written here is true, then maybe that problem is resolved.

The difference between Brohm and Petrino is the fact that he gets his team ready for big games, he is energetic on the sidelines, yelling and hollering in the locker room.

He went on the road today and lost by 8 to a #7 Wisconsin who is a really good team.

He gets his team up for big games. The only big game we were ready for AND won was FSU last year.

Brohm has many years ahead. He's already won more games at Purdue than they were projected to win the entire season. He does more with way less talent.

Do you honestly think that if we had Brohm since January that this team would've given up 47 to a top ranked Clemson team on the home opener at night with gameday and everyone nationally watching? I think not.

The dude can coach. He and his team need to right the ship here at UofL. His DC acts just like him, they are always fired up. Idk if any of us have even seen Sirmon show any emotion.

The point is, we are way more talented than Purdue and he gave us a run for our money and almost beat us in his first game ever at Purdue. We were projected to blow them out of the water. He lost by 8 on the road against a top 10 team in his first season.

Here's the thing, UofL has talent, much more than Purdue. It's just not seen because Sirmon is seriously so bad and Petrino has lost it it seems. Give Brohm all of UofL's talent and he would've beaten Wisconsin today, we probably would've played a game of the season nationally against Clemson, and probably beaten NC State on the road (better defense).

The two top teams he has played already (Michigan and Wisconsin) he has put up a better fight against them than we have against the ranked teams we have played with LESS talent. They lost because of the lesser talent.

The difference between Brohm and Petrino is the fact that he gets his team ready for big games, he is energetic on the sidelines, yelling and hollering in the locker room.

He went on the road today and lost by 8 to a #7 Wisconsin who is a really good team.

He gets his team up for big games. The only big game we were ready for AND won was FSU last year.

Brohm has many years ahead. He's already won more games at Purdue than they were projected to win the entire season. He does more with way less talent.

Do you honestly think that if we had Brohm since January that this team would've given up 47 to a top ranked Clemson team on the home opener at night with gameday and everyone nationally watching? I think not.

The dude can coach. He and his team need to right the ship here at UofL. His DC acts just like him, they are always fired up. Idk if any of us have even seen Sirmon show any emotion.

The point is, we are way more talented than Purdue and he gave us a run for our money and almost beat us in his first game ever at Purdue. We were projected to blow them out of the water. He lost by 8 on the road against a top 10 team in his first season.

Here's the thing, UofL has talent, much more than Purdue. It's just not seen because Sirmon is seriously so bad and Petrino has lost it it seems. Give Brohm all of UofL's talent and he would've beaten Wisconsin today, we probably would've played a game of the season nationally against Clemson, and probably beaten NC State on the road (better defense).

The two top teams he has played already (Michigan and Wisconsin) he has put up a better fight against them than we have against the ranked teams we have played with LESS talent. They lost because of the lesser talent.
What big game has Brohm won this year?...

Reactions: arizan
The answer to that question in reality is zero. That was your goal. Cool.

Purdue fans can feel pretty good that Jeff Brohm’s first team at least competes on the field from top to bottom. #Mojo

Purdue plays and executes 1000x better than UofL.
You trade coaching staffs this season ;
UofL would be 6-1/7-0
Purdue would be 1-5.

Reactions: HRTheCard
All of that hypothetical stuff is fine. But if you're gonna play it with Brohm and Purdue, let's take back that 4th quarter fumble yesterday...

All of that hypothetical stuff is fine. But if you're gonna play it with Brohm and Purdue, let's take back that 4th quarter fumble yesterday...

Brohm and Purdue might be hypothetical, but the fumble sure isn't. Bound to happen. That defined Louisville's season yesterday and Louisville's season last year vs Uk. Sucks.

Jeff Brohm is not coming through that door anytime soon to be the savior of Cardinal Football. Now that Jurich is gone, which is a mistake in,my opinion, CBP 2.0 days are numbered here. With CBP 1.0, he was 41-9 as we all know...which was against CUSA. and Big East competition. ACC is a whole new level. But even on top of that, Louisville has always had an issue with coach's. They always make some team look like super champs and they look like a bad jv team. With all the turmoil right now, maybe its time to cut times with CBP 2.0 and get a new HC and proven coordinators that will get the players to respond all season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT