ADVERTISEMENT

Ready for the 'Brohm Era'.

Ass kickings are inevitable and come with the territory.

But there is no doubt the program is trending in the wrong direction - at the very best it's in neutral.

People were just too optimistic going into the season though.

What we saw the last month of last year was no mirage.
More proof. Players are laying down like they did in November 2016

Reactions: wilkie01 and Deeva
Louisville is playing what could be the best team in football; defending national champions. Just wait until BP loses to Kentucky again; the term "hot seat" will take new meaning.
FSU will beat them!

FSU will beat them!

It's hard to run the table - hell their title team lost at home to PITT last year.

There's a lot that goes into each game - clearly they had plenty of motivation to beat the Flying Lamar's, but they may not have the same juice for a more bland team on their schedule later in the year.

Reactions: Deeva
Should have done this When the job was open. Waitied too long. Soon Brohm will be a national product and the hometown discount won't work anymore. He's killing it.

Reactions: BooneCo_Card
Should have done this When the job was open. Waitied too long. Soon Brohm will be a national product and the hometown discount won't work anymore. He's killing it.
Have to agree. Brohm is not sitting out there waiting to make at best a lateral transfer. His Purdue team is playing above expectations, and this is a storied team in a historic conference.

I like Brohm a lot but after his 3 games at Purdue you're acting like he is Nick Saban. Purdue should have lost by 3 TDs vs UofL. They beat a decent Ohio team from the juggernaut MAC, and then knocked off a dumpster fire in Mizzou. A little early to be looking for a coaching change. Pump the brake.

I like Brohm a lot but after his 3 games at Purdue you're acting like he is Nick Saban. Purdue should have lost by 3 TDs vs UofL. They beat a decent Ohio team from the juggernaut MAC, and then knocked off a dumpster fire in Mizzou. A little early to be looking for a coaching change. Pump the brake.
Talking of Big Picture stuff. No one is asking for a "coaching change".

Something seems amiss in Cardinal football land.

Bobby better get a handle on his program quickly!! We're starting to see a trend here and it ain't good. Going back to late last season and now the dumpster fires that were the Purdue game and Clemson game, he needs to get his shit together.

Jeff Brohm can flat out coach. He can win with just average players. Look what he did at WKU and what he has already started at Purdue. Tom Jurich blamed and fired Jeff when he was our OC to try and save Steve Crapthorpes lousy butt! Jeff learned his trade under Howard Schellenberger. Jeff is one of us, its time to bring him home!

Reactions: Jimmy94 and td75
Did someone hijack pig's computer?... :D
No. The thread was not a late game emotional outburst but simply one of a gut feeling. The Brohm Era is something that a lot of Louisville fans think may one day come to fruition and one that could elevate the program in the way that BP elevated the program from the JLS era.

Even if it doesn't, there is nothing wrong with wondering what direction this program is heading in after 4 dismal losses in the last 6 games. Those particular 4 games weren't just any games, they were 3 extremely important games and 1 that is important to most fans.

Houston 2016- Didn't bother to show up to a game that you had to have to stay alive at a possible CFP berth. A Cougar team that lost to Memphis and San Diego State to end the year. Down 31-0 at half. Nuff said.

Kentucky 2016- 27 point favorites at home on Senior Day with a "New Year's Day 6 Bowl appearance on the line. Loss.

LSU Bowl Game- The Tigers were a stout defensive bunch but this was just an embarrassing mauling that you knew was over after the first 10 minutes. Again, our guys didn't bother to show up. Defense stampeded.

Clemson 2017- Not many teams can match up on both sides of the ball with Clemson but that 2nd half gut check for the Red and Black was about as disappointing as it gets. Clemson's so called average offense just lined up and imposed there will in our stadium in what might have been the biggest regular season game in Louisville football history. Call the margin of victory irrelevant (it's not) but that was an emasculation. Petrino himself questioned the effort.

I've always been a BP fan as a coach but he can question the effort all he wants. That's on him. He's got a couple of weaklings on the schedule to get the team in sync. Meanwhile we should all be wary of any excuses that come forth should we go 'tits up' again.

Last edited:
Reminds me of all the Richard Pitino talk as our next basketball coach because he had 1 decent season and was supposed to be the next coming of Daddy, but all that talk simmered in time just as this will. Brohm has coached 3 games at Purdue and even if he had coached Louisville on Saturday it still would have been a beat down! Clemson is better and it showed but it took them years to get to the position they are in today and yet somehow our fans expect it overnight. Louisville is on its 3rd coach in the time that Dabo has been at Clemson. We've had no continuity for longer than 3-4 years at a time and that does damage and effect recruiting and perception of our program. I'm not saying I agree with all that is happening but we need some stability NOT another coaching change.
Go Cards!

Reactions: arizan
I enjoy reading people defending what happened Saturday. BP is 1-8 vs ranked opponents since Bobby 2.0. That is going absolutely nowhere. I dont care anyway you twist it. This coaching staff will never take us to the next level. Recruiting is better, but not good enough. The coaching I've seen so far this season, I dont understand it.

Williams gets 6 carries vs Clemson but had 13 and 142 yards vs UNC.

Randomly throw in a blitz here and there. Or its way too far off coverage that has allowed like 5-7 yards per catch or more.

I understand the freshman and Alexander injury but that's 0 excuse to have not adjusted with it already being the 3rd game of the season. If it didn't stop Purdue or UNC, it wasn't ever going to stop Clemson.

Reactions: wilkie01
Wow, I didn't know Bobby is 1-8 against ranked teams! That is clearly subpar, and certainly not getting the job done. I'm very ready for new blood, he's really starting to get totally out coached. The Houston, UK and Purdue games reflect his struggles.

Reactions: genowe and wilkie01
OP...you may be ready for it......But Brohm still needs to prove himself at Purdue.

What he did at WKU was solid work in a very watered down CUSA and proves very little.

IF, and that is a big IF, he replicates those results in the B1G for the next 3-4 years or more, then he would earn the opportunity to be considered the next UofL coach once CBP is ready to leave or retire, etc.

Fools rush in where wise men never tred.....rushing to judgement after 3 games at Purdue is.....well rather foolish.

And if CJB has great success there....what makes you think that he would want to come back here to coach?

Is B1G > than ACC opportunity? or is ACC > B1G?

Only Brohm will be able to answer that if and when the time comes...and if TJ is still here.....that may not even be a consideration anyway.

Wow, I didn't know Bobby is 1-8 against ranked teams! That is clearly subpar, and certainly not getting the job done. I'm very ready for new blood, he's really starting to get totally out coached. The Houston, UK and Purdue games reflect his struggles.

Fake News ^^^^^^^^

Cards are 1-6 vs FSU and Clemson as ranked teams(I presume they were ranked every time) just in last 3+ seasons. So if 5-8 is the complete record against ranked teams, then we are 4-2 against everyone else...but only 1-6 vs FSU/Clemson.

Reactions: zipp and Mayoman
It's not the loss. It's the way we lost.

Confusion. Drops. Missed tackles. Wide open receivers.

Piss poor clock mgt. Our best RB on the bench or not getting touches. No defensive pressure, or adjustments to try to create pressure.

We were within 6 yds of beating the future National Champions on their home field last year.

They lost a lot this year, we lost some.

So they come to our place, and make us look like a monkey effing a football, and it's "just a loss"? Ok. :rolleyes:

Yeah sure, we can rebound, and get a NY6 Bowl. But the last six games say the odds are growing against that.

NCST will show if we're contenders or pretenders. NCST is our season now, and will determine where are in the pecking order of P5 FB. (re: JLS) They are waiting for us, and have it circled. Come out of there Oct 5 with a W, and maybe this bunch will believe again.

Especially if Clemson loses to VT on Sept 30. ;)

Word on the street is as long as Jurich is AD, Brohm will not be UofL's HC.

Which one has the mad on for the other?

Brohm because he was let go under CSK?

He's in the wrong business to get mad over being fired. The day you're hired you know it's 99% you'll be fired. Unless YOU walk for another gig. And you're 99% going to get fired from that one.

Regardless, I don't think we need to even think about that for a good while.

This is not word, it is the truth. After all Jurich fired Brohm as our Offensive Coordinator, blaming him for all of Steve Crapthorpes bad offensive decisions. Brohm will never work for Jurich,

Reactions: Jimmy94
Bobby Petrino is 69-23 here, only blue bloods fire that resume unless he has another moral letdown. I don't like our recruiting, but I do believe he'll get this fixed.

Reactions: Senore2006
OP...you may be ready for it......But Brohm still needs to prove himself at Purdue.

What he did at WKU was solid work in a very watered down CUSA and proves very little.

IF, and that is a big IF, he replicates those results in the B1G for the next 3-4 years or more, then he would earn the opportunity to be considered the next UofL coach once CBP is ready to leave or retire, etc.

Fools rush in where wise men never tred.....rushing to judgement after 3 games at Purdue is.....well rather foolish.

And if CJB has great success there....what makes you think that he would want to come back here to coach?

Is B1G > than ACC opportunity? or is ACC > B1G?

Only Brohm will be able to answer that if and when the time comes...and if TJ is still here.....that may not even be a consideration anyway.
First of all, (once again) I'm not talking about a coaching change this year or probably not even next year. I'm simply looking forward to a possible Brohm coaching era at UofL. Something is stale right now in the football program and I personally believe that Jeff Brohm (especially in a year or 2) will be a guy that can elevate this program even more.

It's fair to say that Brohm hasn't proven himself yet in a power 5 Conference but I've never known any non-blueblood football program to be able to afford to sit back and wait until that happens. We'll see. Dan McDonnell had a sterling reputation before TJ plucked him from Ole Miss but he had never even been a head coach. The results speak for themselves. 4 trips to the CWS in 10 years.

Bobby has been great for Louisville football. I think "been" is the key word IMO. Something is not right and all the lame coaching excuses won't change that.

Man, I pray for the day when our fanbase grows up and can handle losses to the reigning national champion with sense and dignity.
Glad your "dignified" enough to ignore a team that was ill prepared and quit halfway through. the 3rd quarter of the biggest regular season game in program history.

BP's 'excuse machine' likes your post.

Fake News ^^^^^^^^

Cards are 1-6 vs FSU and Clemson as ranked teams(I presume they were ranked every time) just in last 3+ seasons. So if 5-8 is the complete record against ranked teams, then we are 4-2 against everyone else...but only 1-6 vs FSU/Clemson.

Fake News ^^^^^^^^

Fake News^^^^. But thanks for playing....

Reactions: HRTheCard
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT