ADVERTISEMENT

Ravens and Louisville

TheRealVille

5000+
Apr 27, 2015
I swear it is uncanny how similar the Ravens are with Louisville with the weird, unbelievable ways they lose games. A superstitious person would say it's Lamar's Louisville connection that has affected the Ravens.

For me I ask, why do coaches in both college and NFL not run QB sneaks at the 1 yard line? Ravens had 2nd and goal. Why not try 3 sneaks?

Just like Louisville though, the Ravens go backwards. And lose a game they had won.

Reactions: rh62531
Amazing Realville……. as I thought the exact same thing. Not sure what Raven fans are thinking or saying, but some of those decisions in the 4th quarter raises a lot of questions about Harbaugh‘s judgement.

Reactions: rh62531
Amazing Realville……. as I thought the exact same thing. Not sure what Raven fans are thinking or saying, but some of those decisions in the 4th quarter raises a lot of questions about Harbaugh‘s judgement.
Analytics. Sounds like Harbaugh taking lessons from Scottie or vice versa. Lets go on 4th down. Percentages are we will finally convert one....

up until this year i beleive lamar had only thrown one interception inside the 20. his track record is the best in history.

up until this year i beleive lamar had only thrown one interception inside the 20. his track record is the best in history.
Thats probably why Harbaugh went for it. Reverse analytics would say well then it is more likely he will throw one as your luck is going to change, right? Kind of like playing blackjack? No, no, no. You kick the GD field goal and take the lead and hope your defense makes a stop. Anything else is bad coaching.

Thats probably why Harbaugh went for it. Reverse analytics would say well then it is more likely he will throw one as your luck is going to change, right? Kind of like playing blackjack? No, no, no. You kick the GD field goal and take the lead and hope your defense makes a stop. Anything else is bad coaching.
No, no. No! FG wasn't going to do it. Going for it was the right call but the play calls weren't. It was 2nd and goal at the one yard line and not one QB sneak. That still continues to boggle my mind.

The earlier Ravens TD from the 1 yard should have been tried on the failed handoff play that resulted in the RB a failing to make the LOS.

No, no. No! FG wasn't going to do it. Going for it was the right call but the play calls weren't. It was 2nd and goal at the one yard line and not one QB sneak. That still continues to boggle my mind.
So you're asking the QB who has taken the least amount of snaps under center to run a QB sneak at the 1 yard line? You don't think the defense knows what's coming if Lamar goes under center? He's Lamar, not Josh Allen.

So you're asking the QB who has taken the least amount of snaps under center to run a QB sneak at the 1 yard line? You don't think the defense knows what's coming if Lamar goes under center? He's Lamar, not Josh Allen.
Earlier in the 1st half in his own territory, Lamar did a QB sneak on 4th and 1 and got it easily. So yes, I do believe that Lamar could have scored at the one yard line. He had three chances.

Also, Lamar has been under center more than normal this year. The dude is not 5'10. He's supposedly bigger than anytime in his career as well.

Earlier in the 1st half in his own territory, Lamar did a QB sneak on 4th and 1 and got it easily. So yes, I do believe that Lamar could have scored at the one yard line. He had three chances.

Also, Lamar has been under center more than normal this year. The dude is not 5'10. He's supposedly bigger than anytime in his career as well.
Was it at the goal line?

Was it at the goal line?
No, but it is was on their side of the field. Defense tried to stop him and get the ball back in Ravens territory. Everyone was bunched up, but Lamar went low and got in under the pile.

My point is with 3 downs to get 1 yard, the odds were way better than handing the ball off to the RB, or having Lamar run it in from the shotgun or throwing a pass as he retreats from a pass rusher.

I just can't believe Lamar wouldn't have scored from the 1 yard line with 3 chances to do it.

Reactions: 2330859
As soon as the RB a was tackled for the loss, I immediately questioned why Lamar did not QB sneak as he did on the last TD.

ADVERTISEMENT