ADVERTISEMENT

Question from a Clemson Fan

IcelandTiger

No-Ranking Prospect
May 3, 2009
What is allowed in the Tailgating lots operated by U of Louisville?

Can I bring a Tent?
Outdoor Deep Fryer (propane tank, etc) for a low country boil?

any Restrictions or tips?

Reactions: townsem
Assuming that by "Tailgating lots operated by UofL" you mean either the Bronze or Green lots, you will be parking on asphalt. I'm not sure how you will secure a tent - unless you mean a type of tent that you do not secure to the ground with stakes. Also, if you are in one of those lots, you will be expected to clear out within 2.5 hours of the end of the football game.

You could park at the Kentucky Fair and Exposition Center (not operated by UofL) for about $8 to $10. They have grass lots there and you should have plenty of room for a tent. The west side of the KFEC is about a mile from the stadium, so an easy walk. I don't know what their policy is on overnight stays, however.

I don't have a whole lot of experience with a deep fryer (except for flash frying a turkey once), but I doubt that will be a problem, especially at KFEC, where you will have more room than in the Bronze or Green Lots.

From the Papa John's Cardinal Stadium official website:

Parking

For home football games, parking lots A-N and S & T are assigned to season ticket holders. General parking is available at the Kentucky Exposition Center and/or surface roads west of the stadium. Limited parking is available at the Student Activity Center and Floyd Street Parking garage.

Football season parking passes are not transferrable

For other events, parking availability varies depending on the event. Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium strives to provide general admission parking at a reasonable rate for all non-football activities. Parking is free for the patrons of events at the Brown and Williamson and PNC Clubs.

Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium also hosts parking for the Kentucky Oaks and the Kentucky Derby. Parking for cars, RVs and buses is available. Except for select events, no overnight parking is allowed. For more information call (502) 852-0083 or visit the website.

(Not really sure what website they are referring to there, as they do not provide a link....)

dude, give me your "low country boil" recipe, that sounds awesome. I will trade some bourbon for it, pm me and I will set you up next to my tailgate for $5 no stupid restrictions .9 miles from the stadium.

Assuming that by "Tailgating lots operated by UofL" you mean either the Bronze or Green lots, you will be parking on asphalt. I'm not sure how you will secure a tent - unless you mean a type of tent that you do not secure to the ground with stakes. Also, if you are in one of those lots, you will be expected to clear out within 2.5 hours of the end of the football game.

You could park at the Kentucky Fair and Exposition Center (not operated by UofL) for about $8 to $10. They have grass lots there and you should have plenty of room for a tent. The west side of the KFEC is about a mile from the stadium, so an easy walk. I don't know what their policy is on overnight stays, however.

I don't have a whole lot of experience with a deep fryer (except for flash frying a turkey once), but I doubt that will be a problem, especially at KFEC, where you will have more room than in the Bronze or Green Lots.

From the Papa John's Cardinal Stadium official website:

Parking

For home football games, parking lots A-N and S & T are assigned to season ticket holders. General parking is available at the Kentucky Exposition Center and/or surface roads west of the stadium. Limited parking is available at the Student Activity Center and Floyd Street Parking garage.

Football season parking passes are not transferrable

For other events, parking availability varies depending on the event. Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium strives to provide general admission parking at a reasonable rate for all non-football activities. Parking is free for the patrons of events at the Brown and Williamson and PNC Clubs.

Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium also hosts parking for the Kentucky Oaks and the Kentucky Derby. Parking for cars, RVs and buses is available. Except for select events, no overnight parking is allowed. For more information call (502) 852-0083 or visit the website.

(Not really sure what website they are referring to there, as they do not provide a link....)

Thanks for the info. I got a Lot J pass through the company I work for (I think that is right next to the stadium):

I'm looking to bring a tent like the ones in the pic below. Good point about the wind. Louisville can be a little more windy than Clemson, SC. We will probably pack up 30 min before gametime and head in. I'm going to give them a call. Might be better parking a little further out with the Low Country Boil plan

dude, give me your "low country boil" recipe, that sounds awesome. I will trade some bourbon for it, pm me and I will set you up next to my tailgate for $5 no stupid restrictions .9 miles from the stadium.

I'll send you a PM. Very easy to cook

Thanks for the info. I got a Lot J pass through the company I work for (I think that is right next to the stadium):

I'm looking to bring a tent like the ones in the pic below. Good point about the wind. Louisville can be a little more windy than Clemson, SC. We will probably pack up 30 min before gametime and head in. I'm going to give them a call. Might be better parking a little further out with the Low Country Boil plan

That kind of tent should be no problem at all, as long as you are able to keep it contained to your parking spot. You should see plenty of those throughout the Bronze and Green lots.

I am kinda of curious where lot J is? I've been a season ticket holder going back to our OLD stadium. Do you have any more info. Safe travels for you guys!

We did a shrimp boil last year in the green lot. Have a safe trip!!

What is allowed in the Tailgating lots operated by U of Louisville?

Can I bring a Tent?
Outdoor Deep Fryer (propane tank, etc) for a low country boil?

any Restrictions or tips?

We use that type of tent along with full size propane grills and outdoor fryers several times a year. You will only be restricted by how much space you have which is probably just one parking spot, but I am not familiar with the specific lot you described.

I am kinda of curious where lot J is? I've been a season ticket holder going back to our OLD stadium. Do you have any more info. Safe travels for you guys!

Lot J is right next to the stadium. Next to those Louisville Cabooses (I think) on the west side of the stadium.

7%20cabooses.JPG

Boy scout lotbmight be Rick & Jeff area, north of Central, on Helm, east of
PJCS. Closer than Fairgrounds. There is a separate boy scout entrance on central i believe.
On the other side of floyd, across from green lot, there's lotsof $10 to $15 parking available at all those businesses. Almost all the way down to Crittenden.
On concrete, we use gallon water jugs with bungee cords to hold down the tent. Each corner.
Have a great time. Don't want you to win. We need this one:)
Ellen

Reactions: Steelers2012
Boy scout lotbmight be Rick & Jeff area, north of Central, on Helm, east of
PJCS. Closer than Fairgrounds. There is a separate boy scout entrance on central i believe.
On the other side of floyd, across from green lot, there's lotsof $10 to $15 parking available at all those businesses. Almost all the way down to Crittenden.
On concrete, we use gallon water jugs with bungee cords to hold down the tent. Each corner.
Have a great time. Don't want you to win. We need this one:)
Ellen

Thanks for the water jug tip. Hope you win the rest of your games after the Clemson game. I got my masters at UofL so the Cards are my 2nd team.

No, guys. I'm pretty sure the boy scout lot is on Central between Floyd and Crittenden. I walk by there every game. It definitely used to be there, on the left as you're walking toward the stadium from Crittenden.

We park at Kentucky Fair and Exposition Center. (Now renamed Kentucky Exposition Center)

No, guys. I'm pretty sure the boy scout lot is on Central between Floyd and Crittenden. I walk by there every game. It definitely used to be there, on the left as you're walking toward the stadium from Crittenden.

We park at Kentucky Fair and Exposition Center. (Now renamed Kentucky Exposition Center)

Correct, I walk the same way down Central.

So you recommend parking at the Kentucky Fairgrounds? Will that be the best option? I'll be traveling from Leitchfield and wanted the best option for parking?

Will it be a mess if I arrive only at 5p? Or should I get there around 3:30? I've lived in KY for awhile but never been to a UofL game...only UK many, many times. Now that Clemson is in the ACC, I plan to go each time

So you recommend parking at the Kentucky Fairgrounds? Will that be the best option? I'll be traveling from Leitchfield and wanted the best option for parking?

Will it be a mess if I arrive only at 5p? Or should I get there around 3:30? I've lived in KY for awhile but never been to a UofL game...only UK many, many times. Now that Clemson is in the ACC, I plan to go each time

Shouldn't be a problem to get to stadium area 10 or 15 mins before the game. Take Eastern Pkwy exit off I-65 and just park anywhere. Best bet, just drive up to any policeman, get out of your car and flip him or her your keys. He or she will have your car waiting for you at the same spot after the game.

By the way Clemson has been in the ACC since 1953 so that's not much of a reason to have never gone to a football game at UofL..

Sarcasm aside, yes the Fairgrounds is your best bet and you should get there as early as you can.

I don't think it will be that bad of a mess at 5pm if you're coming from the south.

I've gone to 80% of the games since 1997 but have only parked west of the stadium a handful of times. Parking at Churchill Downs might be awesome, I don't know. Never tried it.

But coming from where you're coming from, I think KFEC is a no brainer. $8 and plenty of friendly tailgaters. Park over close to gate 4 and it's a 10 minute walk to the stadium.

Lot J is where my group tailgates. There are grassy areas (islands) in that lot if you need to stake a tent. Also provides a little extra tailgating space.

That's primo parking, Iceland. You need to really thank your boss!!

There was a Boy Scout lot between 3rd & 4th on Central last year. Don't know about this year.

Nice win against Texas AM. Our teams have no trouble against the SEC.

Long time since we played but thanks for all the tailgating/parking tips. Had a great time in Lot J. Come on down to Clemson next year.
Iceland, I will try to bring a full-size special VIP-type bus to Clemson in 2016. Have any suggestions for tailgating/parking at the stadium? Should I call the University? Our group will try to stay in Anderson or Greenville.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT