ADVERTISEMENT

Purdy

Ibleedblue1973

Getting the Hang of It
Nov 18, 2019
Not upset. Qb is a position in good hands right now so no point getting worked up about a guy that never played a down. I'm disappointed that Griffis flipped back. Either way any player that doesn't love it here shouldn't be here. On 247 they have small info sets on all signed recruits and almost every player said they signed with UofL because it felt like family. When players feel that way they willflat out go to war for you. That's exactly what we need.

Yep, I’ll be throwing out some “Booooos” his way.

all in all, if he didn’t want to be here, then so be it.

When you think about it, his name sounds like something a gay Caveman would say......not that there is anything wrong with that.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
Yep, I’ll be throwing out some “Booooos” his way.

all in all, if he didn’t want to be here, then so be it.

When you think about it, his name sounds like something a gay Caveman would say......not that there is anything wrong with that.
Classy

220px-GeorgeStraitEasyComeEasyGo.jpg

From a good source he didn't even inform Satterfield or any of his staff. Makes toal sense in the way CS answered the question about him this evening. It was written all over CS face that he was very upset with the way the Purdy family handled this. He even had a slip of the tongue about character.

From a good source he didn't even inform Satterfield or any of his staff. Makes toal sense in the way CS answered the question about him this evening. It was written all over CS face that he was very upset with the way the Purdy family handled this. He even had a slip of the tongue about character.
Is that your source? Luke and Mark E speculating on the radio??

Cards would of had a better chance had they not blown the past 2 gaes vs FSU.

That's probably not true but those 2 losses really burn me up.

Satterfield's reference about "character" was in response to a general question about recruits who flip. If Purdy didn't have that, doesn't that say just as much about Satterfield's ability to judge character?

Some of you guys look way too hard for reasons to hate...

I’ll not boo the prick.

I’d rather everybody give him the silent “who’s he?” treatment is

Satterfield's reference about "character" was in response to a general question about recruits who flip. If Purdy didn't have that, doesn't that say just as much about Satterfield's ability to judge character?

WOW you need to heed your own words

Reactions: PHCARD

LOL...from the hater himself......

Reactions: REDFISTFURY3

I think Satterfield and his staff have a really good idea what they want in a player. He pretty much listed them in the press conference. I would say Purdy checked all the boxes. Doesn’t guarantee kids won’t be kids.

I would be surprised if Purdy didn’t contact staff about flipping. If he didn’t then that is more of a reflection of the parents than the kid.

Pretty ticked off that he was our top recruit, and that he flipped to one of our rivals. The first time he takes a snap in Cardinal Stadium, I hope Coach Brown sends all 11 after him. And another 11 from the sideline....

He had been committed for so long, it seems. So much wasted time keeping track of his senior year. He was all in up until the last minute. It sucks. But, whatever. We got who we got.

He had been committed for so long, it seems. So much wasted time keeping track of his senior year. He was all in up until the last minute. It sucks. But, whatever. We got who we got.

yeah, that’s the main reason why I’m so ticked. He was a verbal to us for about 6 months. I Even watched some of his brother’s games at Iowa State and started rooting for the Cyclones. Felt like Chubba was part of the family ... definitely got burned by thinking that the “verbal” was a done deal.

Kid did what he felt was best for him and there is no harm or bitterness in that. He has a great chance to play immediately at FSU as opposed to a low to average chance to start for us.

Reactions: FlavRunit
Kid did what he felt was best for him and there is no harm or bitterness in that. He has a great chance to play immediately at FSU as opposed to a low to average chance to start for us.

This is really all it boils down to, and there is no way for our staff to predict the actions of an 18 year old kid. Bottom line is he’s gonna play sooner at FSU. I’m not bitter at the kid, nor do I care enough about him to be mad at him, but like any other opponent I hope he fails miserably against us.

I just hope a good number of our fans have learned not to say “We just got so-and-so!” in August.

We need to really tone down the “commit” chatter. Welcome them, love on em some, make em feel wanted, but quit projecting playing time, and championships on them.

I'd like to know if any of our fans call in advance for hotel reservations to an event like the NCAA Final Four. Anyone taking umbrage at a kid like Purdy wanna defend that?...

I'd like to know if any of our fans call in advance for hotel reservations to an event like the NCAA Final Four. Anyone taking umbrage at a kid like Purdy wanna defend that?...

I am annoyed at Purdy for flipping on us to a rival we play every year, but I would never consider the other action you mention.

Ha... I've got a room reserved. Point well taken!

Reactions: zipp
I get why he didn’t come here if he was promised immediate playing time. He simply wasn’t beating Micale out the next 2 seasons. I don’t think we appreciate how good Micale was this season or how good he’s going to be going forward. He’ll make an all ACC team next season. That being said I look forward to us crushing FSU at cardinal stadium next season.

Purdy, at FSU, ...will have to beat out RS Freshman Jordan Travis....

And current QB Blackman who will be a Junior...

I think what flipped him was his childhood and lifetime friend, Andrew Boselli, was his host at FSU. Their mom's have been friends since high school and Chubba attended Boselli's family reunions.

This is why we “may” be better off with TW.

HE isn’t afraid to compete. He will make MC and EC get better....or get beat out.

If PT was that big a deal with P he may have become a “distraction”.

I’m good with what we have and where we are

Reactions: Mayoman
Purdy also has to compete with Rodemaker who also signed...247 ranked Rodemaker a little above Webb.

I would not expect Purdy to see the field next year unless he has a terrific spring.

Purdy also has to compete with Rodemaker who also signed...247 ranked Rodemaker a little above Webb.

I would not expect Purdy to see the field next year unless he has a terrific spring.
He won’t be there in the Spring will he?

He was not enrolling early here.

The number of QB’s that transfer by year 2 is pretty high. These guys while they say they like competition want to play. Someone at FSU is going to enter the portal. Travis is a sophomore, Blackmon is a junior with 2 freshman.

Nobody should down him for the decision itself .it show he went about it that was disrespectful. Overall we dont have anything to be upset about with this class. We got guys in positions of need and got numbers where we need them plus a couple of bonuses. Defense was our biggest concern and we really helped ourselves out on D. We have a handful of players coming in that immediately strengthen their respective positions. Especially at end.
We pressured No one this year and it killed us. That will not be the case next season. Quote me till I die on this. Boykin is for real. He will be a huge problem any time he's s in the game. Diaby should draw a lot of attention. Sprinkle in a couple of tackles, linebackers, and secondary guys that all love to hit and possess great fundamentals. FYI UofL has never had more than a handful of guys
In any season arrive in the early semester. This season we have 16 that's right 16 of 25 commits will enroll in January. I've heard numerous people say we won't see much improvement this season and I say they are wrong. This class is loaded with immediate impact guys and the whole roster is full of guys that believe in these coaches and this system. Watch and see.

Nobody should down him for the decision itself .it show he went about it that was disrespectful. Overall we dont have anything to be upset about with this class. We got guys in positions of need and got numbers where we need them plus a couple of bonuses. Defense was our biggest concern and we really helped ourselves out on D. We have a handful of players coming in that immediately strengthen their respective positions. Especially at end.
We pressured No one this year and it killed us. That will not be the case next season. Quote me till I die on this. Boykin is for real. He will be a huge problem any time he's s in the game. Diaby should draw a lot of attention. Sprinkle in a couple of tackles, linebackers, and secondary guys that all love to hit and possess great fundamentals. FYI UofL has never had more than a handful of guys
In any season arrive in the early semester. This season we have 16 that's right 16 of 25 commits will enroll in January. I've heard numerous people say we won't see much improvement this season and I say they are wrong. This class is loaded with immediate impact guys and the whole roster is full of guys that believe in these coaches and this system. Watch and see.
I hope you’re right and please change that handle.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT