ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue’s coach on with Drew Deener

I thought Deener's question about WKU was a good one. The folks at Purdue , recruits,and current players had to know UofL could open up. If you left WKU, why not Purdue.
He left WKU because he would never get to the college football play off there. Players and fans of WKU knew this. He can get to the CFP at Purdue and if he can do it he wants to be there. Apples and oranges. He had different goals at WKU and Purdue.

Sounded like he was gonna cry.

You made your bed Jeff, now lay in it. You better shake that SH off, no more .500 win seasons @ 6mil a year. Hope hes not having buyers remorse because I think his one opportunity here is long gone forever

Never say never ... In 5 years, after Satterfield kills it here and gets poached by Ohio State, Alabama or the NFL, it might then be the right time for both Jeff and UofL.

Or perhaps at that point it’s time for Brian Brohm to take the job, having killed it himself for 3 years at FAU....

I understand being disappointed. I don’t understand wanting to throw away a relationship with the Brohms because Jeff decided to remain loyal to a good program which gave him the opportunity to coach at the P5 level.

He means all of you that continue to take shots at him because you didn't get your way.

We as fans think his decision directly impacts our lives. It doesn't. This decision had a monumental impact on his and his family lives.

So by "you people" he means all of you that keep acting and making comments that lack actual perspective.

"The only thing you sometimes have contorl over is perspective. You don't have control over your situation. But you have a choice about how you view it."
Ever seen “Tropic Thunder”?

Never say never ... In 5 years, after Satterfield kills it here and gets poached by Ohio State, Alabama or the NFL, it might then be the right time for both Jeff and UofL.

Or perhaps at that point it’s time for Brian Brohm to take the job, having killed it himself for 3 years at FAU....

I understand being disappointed. I don’t understand wanting to throw away a relationship with the Brohms because Jeff decided to remain loyal to a good program which gave him the opportunity to coach at the P5 level.

Nope. Im saying never as much as the majority of the fanbase is.

Wasnt good enough today, it wont be good enough 5 years from now.

Brian can replace the loyal money man at Purdue. No more Brohms.

Reactions: genowe
I think he came on because he genuinely cares about Louisville in every respect. He told a multitude of people that he was not leavingPurdue. I’m sure at the time he had no idea that Petrino would be gone so fast. He is a man of his word, period. Did he ever promise anyone he would return here?
Again, fingers crossed Urban packs it in and the OSU brass favors Brohm over Ryan Day. We’ll see how loyal St. Jeff is, amen!

Reactions: Deeva
Ever seen “Tropic Thunder”?
Apparently they have not. I am glad someone has besides me though. These Purdoo fans are pretty thin skinned considering they got what they wanted. An over paid unproven to date head football coach. Then again, if I were a fan of a team that has been in 1 big time conference since its inception, and had only been to 18 bowl games in over 127 years, I might be a bit thin skinned too.

Real simple. It’s a sports radio talk show. Brohm is a hot topic and sells. Deener would be an idiot
not to have him on. You need to move on. Your life will get better once you accept he is not coaching
UL.

If YOU think I'm bitter that he decided to stay at Purdue instead of coming here, you're wrong. I thought that it dragged out too long and is hurting the players that we want to keep/try to get to come here.

Apparently they have not. I am glad someone has besides me though. These Purdoo fans are pretty thin skinned considering they got what they wanted. An over paid unproven to date head football coach. Then again, if I were a fan of a team that has been in 1 big time conference since its inception, and had only been to 18 bowl games in over 127 years, I might be a bit thin skinned too.

"It was not until the 1975 season that the Big Ten allowed teams to play in bowl games other than the Rose Bowl. Michigan, which had been shut out of the postseason the previous three years, was the first beneficiary of the new rule when it played in the Orange Bowl vs. Oklahoma. Due to the pre-1975 rules, Big Ten teams such as Michigan and Ohio State have lower numbers of all-time bowl appearances than powerhouse teams from the Big 12 Conference (previously Big Eight and Southwest Conferences) and Southeastern Conference, which always placed multiple teams in bowl games every year."

Reactions: idaho_bob
"It was not until the 1975 season that the Big Ten allowed teams to play in bowl games other than the Rose Bowl. Michigan, which had been shut out of the postseason the previous three years, was the first beneficiary of the new rule when it played in the Orange Bowl vs. Oklahoma. Due to the pre-1975 rules, Big Ten teams such as Michigan and Ohio State have lower numbers of all-time bowl appearances than powerhouse teams from the Big 12 Conference (previously Big Eight and Southwest Conferences) and Southeastern Conference, which always placed multiple teams in bowl games every year."
All I hear is Charlie Brown's teacher. GO AWAY.

He left WKU because he would never get to the college football play off there. Players and fans of WKU knew this. He can get to the CFP at Purdue and if he can do it he wants to be there. Apples and oranges. He had different goals at WKU and Purdue.
I never said it was the same.I said it was a fair question.

If the new coach locks up the Louisville Metro Area recruiting wise and gives the local media some interviews (coach or staff), then they will forget all about Brohm.

Brohm was on the air here because Petrino foolishly allowed him to be. Petrino was aloof and these idiots like Deener, Lochlame, Valvano, and Sweeny need time to fill their lame shows with airtime Brohm was more than willing to fill....

Reactions: KerryRhodes
All I hear is Charlie Brown's teacher. GO AWAY.

That's cute. I presented the facts. Here's another one:

giphy.gif

Almost had Jeff!

wompapakaaawoma

Reactions: idaho_bob
So, let's see. A supposedly UL Cardinal radio station interviews a cry baby pu coach, who only came on because he's worried about the reaction affecting recruits in this city. WTH Tony Cruze Deener? You letting that bitch recruit against us in our own town? Idiot. Done with you. 790 and Howie every morning from now on. You and Perrin both suck. Done with 93.9 at any time of the day. FUJB!

So, let's see. A supposedly UL Cardinal radio station interviews a cry baby pu coach, who only came on because he's worried about the reaction affecting recruits in this city. WTH Tony Cruze Deener? You letting that bitch recruit against us in our own town? Idiot. Done with you. 790 and Howie every morning from now on. You and Perrin both suck. Done with 93.9 at any time of the day. FUJB!

Seek help.

Reactions: rezzerfly

That and he doesn't want ya'll to burn their family houses down. :(

Reactions: boilerbusdriver
Nope. Im saying never as much as the majority of the fanbase is.

Wasnt good enough today, it wont be good enough 5 years from now.

Brian can replace the loyal money man at Purdue. No more Brohms.

You’re confusing the vocal minority with “the majority”....

I thought Deener's question about WKU was a good one. The folks at Purdue , recruits,and current players had to know UofL could open up. If you left WKU, why not Purdue.
I think Brohm answered that pretty well. He had already accomplished a lot at WKU. I think he referenced their two conference championships...

I think Brohm answered that pretty well. He had already accomplished a lot at WKU. I think he referenced their two conference championships...
Zipp, while I disagree with much of what you post, I do agree with you here. And Brohm’s answer on the WKU question was clearly consistent with his other comments about his loyalty to his players and administration at Purdue after only two years and with real success still to come there. At WKU, he probably was rarely asked the question of “Are you gonna stay here?” because most of the kids that go that level understand that the coaches are looking to move up, plus, as you say, they had already won two conference titles there, along with some bowl games. The underlying point was that the $5 million offered by Louisville was enough from a financial perspective, but his loyalty to Purdue ultimately was simply too much to overcome at this time. That’s why the whole thing played out like it did.

Time to move on.

Reactions: BleedinGold
You guys declaring that Jeff has burned his bridge and ruined his chances at ever becoming Louisville's coach need to look no further than Bobby Petrino! If that olive branch could be extended to him a second time after that middle of the night departure than it can certainly be again in this situation. Good luck to him! It's time for those still complaining to apply their "butthurt" cream, realize how insignificant this is on their day to day life, and move the f*ck on.

Reactions: BleedinGold
You guys declaring that Jeff has burned his bridge and ruined his chances at ever becoming Louisville's coach need to look no further than Bobby Petrino! If that olive branch could be extended to him a second time after that middle of the night departure than it can certainly be again in this situation. Good luck to him! It's time for those still complaining to apply their "butthurt" cream, realize how insignificant this is on their day to day life, and move the f*ck on.

You see how that worked huh.......

No thanks. No Brohms. You clowns arent going to dictate who and when, especially the loyal guy.

There will be candidates that are up to the challenge.

And take your on advice and cream and move the f@#$ off this board........

I agree.
Hope I don't come off like one of those who are complaining. I'm sad about missing out on Brohm at this time, but you never know what might happen in the future, and the talk about removing his jersey is silly. Jeff, and Brian and Greg, played a large part in the past successes of this program, and that can never be erased. Yes, it's time simply to move on.

Like I said he is a Hoosier now he made his choice and him and his brothers can stay up there.

You see how that worked huh.......

No thanks. No Brohms. You clowns arent going to dictate who and when, especially the loyal guy.

There will be candidates that are up to the challenge.

And take your on advice and cream and move the f@#$ off this board........

Yes....it was atrocious! Kragthorpian like here at the end. Glad things are looking up for all of us fans. And yet throughout, the sun still came up every day!! Get some perspective on things, find some hobbies, maybe some counseling....whatever it takes man.

He means all of you that continue to take shots at him because you didn't get your way.

We as fans think his decision directly impacts our lives. It doesn't. This decision had a monumental impact on his and his family lives.

So by "you people" he means all of you that keep acting and making comments that lack actual perspective.

"The only thing you sometimes have contorl over is perspective. You don't have control over your situation. But you have a choice about how you view it."

Well, I wish "you people" would stay off our board. You got the coach, there is no need for you to still be on here.

I've never had the interest to go to the Purdue board, could care less whats going on up there, pre or post Brohm.

Reactions: CommodoreCard
I agree with this guy

I think he was being sarcastic, but you are right.......7 bowl games in 43 years sounds so much better!

Reactions: BPGhost
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT