ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue’s coach on with Drew Deener

Knucklehank1

6000+
Jul 12, 2004
I’m not listening but Deener is promoting that he is having Purdue’s football coach on his show this morning. I personally have no interest in hearing about Purdue football and whatever bowl they are going to. Really strange.

Reactions: Cue Card
I’m not listening but Deener is promoting that he is having Purdue’s football coach on his show this morning. I personally have no interest in hearing about Purdue football and whatever bowl they are going to. Really strange.
I wonder if the Purdoo coach is a nice guy?

Sounded like he was gonna cry.

You made your bed Jeff, now lay in it. You better shake that SH off, no more .500 win seasons @ 6mil a year. Hope hes not having buyers remorse because I think his one opportunity here is long gone forever

Reactions: td75 and genowe

You made your bed Jeff, now lay in it. You better shake that SH off, no more .500 win seasons @ 6mil a year. Hope hes not having buyers remorse because I think his one opportunity here is long gone forever
One chance. Not to come along again. Ship has sailed. We move on, to hell with him.

Reactions: Cue Card
Yeah, he's crying all the way to the bank. That BS poo show AKA the Drew Weener Show allowed him to get on the local Louisville radio to plead his case about why he did what he did? LOL.

We know why you did what you did Jeff. It's all about the Benjamins. We get it.

What do you mean 'you people'???

He means all of you that continue to take shots at him because you didn't get your way.

We as fans think his decision directly impacts our lives. It doesn't. This decision had a monumental impact on his and his family lives.

So by "you people" he means all of you that keep acting and making comments that lack actual perspective.

"The only thing you sometimes have contorl over is perspective. You don't have control over your situation. But you have a choice about how you view it."

People cry because they make the right decision?? Tears of regret. I hope the agony lives with you forever, Jeff.

He means all of you that continue to take shots at him because you didn't get your way.

We as fans think his decision directly impacts our lives. It doesn't. This decision had a monumental impact on his and his family lives.

So by "you people" he means all of you that keep acting and making comments that lack actual perspective.

"The only thing you sometimes have contorl over is perspective. You don't have control over your situation. But you have a choice about how you view it."
Dude, chill out. It was a joke. I've moved on and I'm wondering why 'you people' haven't.

I don't hold any ill will towards Jeff. He's still UofL family and always will be. I won't wish him any good luck though. He doesn't need to hear it from me. He got what he wanted. He played your program and mine for more money when he had no intention of leaving WL. I get it. I'm OK with it. Your program is the one who got played worse. It cost you more money for the same product.

People cry because they make the right decision?? Tears of regret. I hope the agony lives with you forever, Jeff.

He cried because making this decision wasn't easy. He cried talking about making the decision and having to tell his father that he was staying and not going back to UofL...

Maybe you weren't lucky enough to have a father so you can't relate.. but it's obvious that relationship was special. If you can't understand why a son would tear up when disucssing his father. I don't know what to tell you.

The only thing better than Brohm crying on Louisville radio is all the fans crying about him. One of you made a real emotional decision...the others are just snowflakes that can't handle life.

Grow up and grow a pair. Bunch of babies.

These vitriolic reactions are precisely why Brohm went on the show. He still loves UofL and still has deep roots in the city. I’m sure that the emotional response was real for those reasons alone. Wish you guys well in finding a great new coach!

He cried because making this decision wasn't easy. He cried talking about making the decision and having to tell his father that he was staying and not going back to UofL...

Maybe you weren't lucky enough to have a father so you can't relate.. but it's obvious that relationship was special. If you can't understand why a son would tear up when disucssing his father. I don't know what to tell you.

Most of us in Louisville get it. The reaction on the radio after the interview, as well as where I work, has been almost universally very sympathetic and understanding towards Jeff. It was a timely and well done interview, and I hope it helps people get on with their lives.

Good luck to Jeff and Purdue in the future, except if we ever play each other. Now let's move on and get a good coach!

What some fail to understand is it wasn’t just about not getting who we wanted as a coach.I think it was more then that in the fact we thought something finally was going to be a positive thing happen in a year of disappointment after disappointment. That is what I feel like made this whole fiasco such a hard pill to swallow and why most are more angry then normal.

Reactions: maegh

You ll continue to take victory laps.

He did it because he wants to coach here someday and that will never happen.

Glad he still loves his alma mater, but he could have ended this weeks ago.

Dont give me the crap argument that he needed time to think about it. He was coach in waiting here, long before he ever thought about Purdue.

Good luck to him and Purdue, however he doesnt get another chance in the future.

I listened to the interview this morning and thought it provided some insight into how tough of a decision it was for Brohm.

Anyone that has had to mull over a tough job decision/career move can understand how tough it must have been for him and his family. I can only imagine the pressure considering what he/his family have provided for Louisville football and the community. He has something going at Purdue and is in a good situation right now.

I truly believe that Brohm was torn over what decision to make.

You ll continue to take victory laps.

He did it because he wants to coach here someday and that will never happen.

Glad he still loves his alma mater, but he could have ended this weeks ago.

Dont give me the crap argument that he needed time to think about it. He was coach in waiting here, long before he ever thought about Purdue.

Good luck to him and Purdue, however he doesnt get another chance in the future.
And who put you in charge?

Reactions: boilerbusdriver
I have only 1 question, WHY in the world would Deener have a guy on who decided not to be our next coach? To me, that's idiotic and just plain STUPID.

No wonder why I've stopped listening to this clown.
He didn’t decide that he didn’t want to be U of L’s coach, he decided what was best for him and his family was to remain at Purdue and finish what he set out to do. He invested into the Purdue program. I wish some coaches like Pitino 1.0, JLS and Strong made those same decisions for Louisville’s program.

I thought Deener's question about WKU was a good one. The folks at Purdue , recruits,and current players had to know UofL could open up. If you left WKU, why not Purdue.

Keep thinking that. After he's achieved what he wants to at Purdue, UL will probably be cycling through another HC and the position is open again. UL will be lucky if he entertains the opportunity again. For your consideration, think Roy Williams and UNC.

For your consideration Brohm will never coach here.

UofL will be lucky...... the arrogance.

UofL is currently a better program than Purdue and will be when Brohm leaves Purdue. He is loyal-loyal to the University of Money.

Reactions: genowe
Glad we gave him a 30-minute commercial to grab more Louisville recruits. We have the worst local media in the country.

This. They will interview Jeff Brohm after the news is ancient history but never saw fit to interview BVG once this year as our defense was historically awful.

Reactions: CommodoreCard
This board makes my heart warm.

RIP Ghost and Kerry. I assume you were holding each other when you took the Kool-Aid Wednesday night.

How appropriate that the school that collects losses like its alumni collect minimum wage named their school accordingly: U of Ls takes another one on the chin. (speaking of Kerry and Ghost...)
I for one am glad we didnt get him. He had a 500 season and you pay him 1 million per win.
I think you over paid. He has not proven himself to be worth that. Maybe someday he'll be worth
that. Until then he will always have one foot out the door and one eye looking for another bigger
payday. Then you will see how much he cares about his recruits. Like the ones he left behind
at WKU. Coaches always leave recruits behind. He is full of S$?T.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
Why do you Purdue people care what some of our fans think of your coach? You have exactly what you hoped for. You won. Now move on.

You people are like bad visitors that stay at your house too long. Everything about you has become despicable and annoying. You're not going to convince our fans that Purdue is anything to be envious of. We don't buy it.

Now please go away so we don't have to sort through your rhetoric to follow or discuss our team.

I have only 1 question, WHY in the world would Deener have a guy on who decided not to be our next coach? To me, that's idiotic and just plain STUPID.

No wonder why I've stopped listening to this clown.
Real simple. It’s a sports radio talk show. Brohm is a hot topic and sells. Deener would be an idiot
not to have him on. You need to move on. Your life will get better once you accept he is not coaching
UL.

For your consideration Brohm will never coach here.

UofL will be lucky...... the arrogance.

UofL is currently a better program than Purdue and will be when Brohm leaves Purdue. He is loyal-loyal to the University of Money.
Given the right opportunity UL would take Brohm in a New York minute and so would you. Get over it.

Reactions: boilerbusdriver
I listened to the repeat around 9:10 am today. I’d give $100 to see Ohio State open at the end of the season, target Brohm and offer about $8 million a year. The loyalty, the right thing to do, the great people of West Lafayette, all the tears and BS that Jeffie spewed this morning would quickly dry up and be quickly forgotten.

The one thing I found funny while Brohm sold the loyalty line was when Drew ask him “didn’t you leave kids you recruited behind at WKU?” He went politician real quick and danced around the question, never answering it. It was a great question, but Deener never stuck with it, never said “answer the question”. Instead, he let him dance out of it!

These vitriolic reactions are precisely why Brohm went on the show. He still loves UofL and still has deep roots in the city. I’m sure that the emotional response was real for those reasons alone. Wish you guys well in finding a great new coach!

I think he came on because he genuinely cares about Louisville in every respect. He told a multitude of people that he was not leavingPurdue. I’m sure at the time he had no idea that Petrino would be gone so fast. He is a man of his word, period. Did he ever promise anyone he would return here?

Given the right opportunity UL would take Brohm in a New York minute and so would you. Get over it.

Not a chance.
Same with FSU not taking Jimbo back after Taggert is likely canned next yr.

Brohm is loyal to money.
He'd come to Louisville and be gone with the next big offer. He's cut like that.

He had he chance, he blew it.

Reactions: Deeva and genowe
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT