ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue’’s “MBob” lol

Of course you would - just like those scrubs the yuts. You've both traded on field success for welfare.
Purdoo and Yut fans are a lot alike. Both love to use their conference affiliation as a crutch for failing instead of using that advantage to lift themselves up to success. That happens when you have no skin in the game while holding your hand out for a paycheck. Sports programs can emulate real life sometimes. In real life, when people are coddled and given free stuff without giving anything in return, they get complacent and comfortable. People who are hungry to better themselves are always the people who succeed. That's just the stone cold truth.

Sports programs can emulate real life sometimes. In real life, when people are coddled and given free stuff without giving anything in return, they get complacent and comfortable. People who are hungry to better themselves are always the people who succeed. That's just the stone cold truth.
I like learning life lessons about work ethic and complacency from an institution and its boosters who will be paying Rick Pitino and Bobby Petrino to not work for the better part of the next decade.

Reactions: 87Boiler
I like learning life lessons about work ethic and complacency from an institution and its boosters who will be paying Rick Pitino and Bobby Petrino to not work for the better part of the next decade.
Seriously doubt you like learning much of anything.

Just a hunch.

Purdue fired football coach Darrell Hazell on Sunday after he compiled a 9-33 record in three-plus seasons.

Wide receivers coach Gerad Parker will serve as Purdue's interim coach for the remainder of the season. Hazell's contract ran through the 2018 season, and Purdue will owe him a $4.45 million buyout.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...lermakers-fire-coach-darrell-hazell-9-33-mark

Purdue fired football coach Darrell Hazell on Sunday after he compiled a 9-33 record in three-plus seasons.

Wide receivers coach Gerad Parker will serve as Purdue's interim coach for the remainder of the season. Hazell's contract ran through the 2018 season, and Purdue will owe him a $4.45 million buyout.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...lermakers-fire-coach-darrell-hazell-9-33-mark
Good comparison - can you give me the cliff's notes of all the unethical and unprofessional situations Hazell found himself in while at Purdue? TIA.

Also, Cue was talking about complacency, and your follow-up is about how Purdue fired its underperforming coach before he finished his fourth season, subsequently made heavy investments in the program, and hired arguably the best offensive mind in the country? Well argued.

Reactions: Tailgater#1
Good comparison - can you give me the cliff's notes of all the unethical and unprofessional situations Hazell found himself in while at Purdue? TIA.

Also, Cue was talking about complacency, and your follow-up is about how Purdue fired its underperforming coach before he finished his fourth season, subsequently made heavy investments in the program, and hired arguably the best offensive mind in the country? Well argued.
Actually...that's NOT what YOUR post was about. I didn't quote Cue...I quoted you.

Yes I know but it was still way before I was born and I'm going on 60. Why on earth would I consider that time frame as relevant? Purdoo is still a doormat. Always has been. Always will be.

Doormat? Always has been? Always will be? Yet, your Hometown Hero, your savior in waiting; is still strongly considering remaining our coach. Man, life must suck right now knowing Brohm would rather coach a "doormat", than come home! BTW, in case Brohm does stay at Purdue, I guess I can stop back by to say you are welcome, cuz you really wouldn't want a "doormat coach"! Am I right?

I bet you learned a lot about barnyard romances at your Cow College....

Not sure but I think this year we won 3 times as many games as Louisville. May be wrong but I don't think so.
And if you keep that pace up for the next 20 years - you might catch up in win percentage.

Last edited:
That is a staggering statement since Purdue has had 36 head football coaches (2 Interim) and only 8 with a .500 or better overall record. On the flip side, 12 former coaches have a .281 or worse overall record.

That is a conference doormat history which rivals UofK. Congrats.
It's a pretty safe statement that I think most Purdue fans would agree with. Colletto could also be in the running.

Ok let’s be honest...playing in C-USA / Big East and then the ACC doesn’t compare to the B1G and SEC either

Ok let’s be honest...playing in C-USA / Big East and then the ACC doesn’t compare to the B1G and SEC either
Dude, Purdoo has a .500 or below record for 65 of the 127 years they've been playing football.

You guys have been losing for so long that you're numb to it. You've been losing longer than UofL has been playing the game. You got nothing.

Reactions: BPGhost
Purdoo and Yut fans are a lot alike. Both love to use their conference affiliation as a crutch for failing instead of using that advantage to lift themselves up to success. That happens when you have no skin in the game while holding your hand out for a paycheck. Sports programs can emulate real life sometimes. In real life, when people are coddled and given free stuff without giving anything in return, they get complacent and comfortable. People who are hungry to better themselves are always the people who succeed. That's just the stone cold truth.
Have you never been mellow? Have you never tried? Cardinal Up!

Dude, Purdoo has a .500 or below record for 65 of the 127 years they've been playing football.

You guys have been losing for so long that you're numb to it. You've been losing longer than UofL has been playing the game. You got nothing.
Well......we got your coach lol
Mic drop

Key word is 'almost'

127 years of football. 18 bowl games. That is incredible.
UofL? 57 years of football, and 21 bowl games. We've been to more bowl games in less than half the time, and we're still growing. Purdue isn't even a has been. Purude is a never has been.

Prior to 1975 the Big Ten was the only conference that did not allow more than one team to attend a bowl.

In 1973 both Michigan and Ohio State actually ended the season undefeated and tied their last game of the season 10-10 Ohio State got the Rose Bowl and 10-0-1 Michigan sat home. Going to a bowl at 6-6 in conf USA isn't quite the same.

WD

ADVERTISEMENT