ADVERTISEMENT

Predict the starting lineup

I'll give it a shot.

Cunningham
Perry
King
Sutton
Williams

With variations depending on opponent or if more outside shooting is needed swap Nwora for Sutton.

After Nwora's play over the summer in the FIBA tourney, I'm thinking he has a great shot to be a starter.

After Nwora's play over the summer in the FIBA tourney, I'm thinking he has a great shot to be a starter.
TBH, Nwora showed he could score last season. What he didn’t show was that he could defend, box out and rebound. Not sure International play focuses on those things either. Hopefully though the light switch turned on for him and I’m expecting good things from him.

Man this is really a hard question because of all the unknowns. I haven't seen any coach Mack teams play. I don't know his likes/dislikes regarding coaching philosophy, types of players (other than I've read he likes strong players) etc..etc.

So I will guess -

PG - Perry
SG - Nwora
SF - King
PF - Williams
C - Enoch

TBH, Nwora showed he could score last season. What he didn’t show was that he could defend, box out and rebound. Not sure International play focuses on those things either. Hopefully though the light switch turned on for him and I’m expecting good things from him.

I'm expecting good things from Nwora as well and I agree that he wasn't able to show great defensive ability last season. Actually that was one of the main reasons I didn't list him in my previous post as a starter and instead had Sutton starting.

Sutton wasn't as good a shooter as Nwora appears to be, but he was very tough and gave great effort on both ends last season.

It'll be interesting for sure so we'll see what Mack decides.

Difficult question. But I will say this - I think Coach Mack will favor Sutton and award him with minutes. Why? I think he’s the toughest kid on the team.

Spot on. The one main characteristic that CCM has been stressing in the off season is toughness and making sure everyone on the team has it. Sutton has already shown he has that with tough, heady play last season.

Sutton is an easy guy to love and if he does what he did last year he will remain a fan favorite. If he improves, which he very well could, look out.

I don't care if he starts or not, but I think I'd like to see him on the floor the final 5-10 minutes of every game.

Armchair coach that I am...

Sutton is an easy guy to love and if he does what he did last year he will remain a fan favorite. If he improves, which he very well could, look out.

I don't care if he starts or not, but I think I'd like to see him on the floor the final 5-10 minutes of every game.

Armchair coach that I am...

Who the coach puts in at the end of close games usually shows you who he really trusts or depends on.

Sutton seems to be one of those types of guys. He's also one to make a big or crucial play, either on defense or offense, when it really counts. And that could be a big rebound, steal, or maybe a bucket. I'm just really high on Sutton after last season. His play in some games was one of the few highlights.

Reactions: Ipartiedwithhopgood
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT