ADVERTISEMENT

Predict the next coach here

If not Brohm, give me CBV. He understands the beast that is Clemson and the ACC. I’m not sure he would leave Clemson so probably just a dream.

DM, there aren’t words. He’s on top of things. He’s an NBA star who knows what’s up.

Reactions: td75
Jeff Brohm
636165438288493290-lcjdc5-57wcdu9os9jmtxo4jy6-original.jpg

Reactions: Cue Card
A big insider on another board has 100% guaranteed that Jeff has already agreed to come here. We will see.
Seeing how Louisville wants him so badly. Purdue wants to keep him so very much, do you ever wonder if Jerry Jones is paying attention to all of this?

With recruiting season winding down, I'd expect a reasonably soon indication on which direction Brohm is leaning. He needs to dispel the rumors if he's staying at Purdue in order to safeguard his recruits. No firm statement and U of L is the favorite...

Reactions: OlhamCardinal
Come on down, JB!!! I NEVER understood why he went to Purdue anyway. It was a HUGE gamble because they were that poor.

See ya shortly, JB!

With recruiting season winding down, I'd expect a reasonably soon indication on which direction Brohm is leaning. He needs to dispel the rumors if he's staying at Purdue in order to safeguard his recruits. No firm statement and U of L is the favorite...
I agree, I think we will know soon if he isn't coming. Purdue admin is going to push him to make a call because they have to start their own process if he leaves. They aren't going to a big bowl. I personally think he stays because he is in a good spot and his main objective may be in the NFL. This is not a easy choice for him.

There are really good options that could be the right fit outside of Brohm.

I wish Charlie had never left, but we aren’t doing the retread thing again. I do think that UofL should at least interview Charlie’s DC Brian Jean-Mary.

My prediction is that Jeff Brohm gets the job, but will have to fill many vacancies as I believe Purdue will promote from within and keep most of his staff.

How connected Dakich is at UL is anyone’s guess but he thinks Charlie Strong is more likely than Brohm right now

Brohm, who gives Nick Saban a call and convinces Nick to retire from that piss poor Bama program to become his next DB coach! Dakich says so!

A couple of things about the Dakich tweet....

I don't believe for one second that he has inside sources.

If he doesn't know who "James A. Patterson" is...(Jim Patterson) then I know he doesn't have inside sources. The fact that he adds the line about "laying anther egg" make no sense and only further proves he's pulling this out of his a$$. Also....if Brohm was "out"....then Jeff would have emphatically said that at his presser today. He went out of his way to do just the opposite. In fact his words today should have Purdue fans very worried.

I can with 1,000,000,000% certainty tell you that it will not be Charlie Strong and any article or tweet you see with his name on it is pulling it out of their a$$.

I can't guarantee you but I would be absolutely "pass-out-from-shock" level surprised if Les Miles or Greg Schiano were to be hired as Louisville's coach.

I have no idea who Vince would target if Brohm somehow fell through, but as I've said numerous times on here....Brohm's my guy, but I've got a list of a number of guys I would be happy with if Jeff shocks everyone and stays at Purdue.

If Brohm passes and I were your AD, Brown probably would be my target.

Neal Brown is UK's version of Jeff Brohm (hasn't accomplished as much as Jeff on the high D1 level), he and his family are lifelong UK fans they all bleed blue. Don't think it would ever get to the point that UL would have any interest. He will be UK's next coach.

Neal Brown is UK's version of Jeff Brohm (hasn't accomplished as much as Jeff on the high D1 level), he and his family are lifelong UK fans they all bleed blue. Don't think it would ever get to the point that UL would have any interest. He will be UK's next coach.

This makes lots of sense.

A couple of things about the Dakich tweet....

I don't believe for one second that he has inside sources.

If he doesn't know who "James A. Patterson" is...(Jim Patterson) then I know he doesn't have inside sources. The fact that he adds the line about "laying anther egg" make no sense and only further proves he's pulling this out of his a$$. Also....if Brohm was "out"....then Jeff would have emphatically said that at his presser today. He went out of his way to do just the opposite. In fact his words today should have Purdue fans very worried.

I can with 1,000,000,000% certainty tell you that it will not be Charlie Strong and any article or tweet you see with his name on it is pulling it out of their a$$.

I can't guarantee you but I would be absolutely "pass-out-from-shock" level surprised if Les Miles or Greg Schiano were to be hired as Louisville's coach.

I have no idea who Vince would target if Brohm somehow fell through, but as I've said numerous times on here....Brohm's my guy, but I've got a list of a number of guys I would be happy with if Jeff shocks everyone and stays at Purdue.
Dakich did break the Petrino firing and UL's announcement that it had lost it's appeal to the NCAA before any of the locals did. He incorrectly predicted the amount that UL was fined but he did have the timing and the decision right. He might legitimately have a source. I wouldn't write it off completely based on the Patterson statement is all I'm saying.

Dakich did break the Petrino firing and UL's announcement that it had lost it's appeal to the NCAA before any of the locals did. He incorrectly predicted the amount that UL was fined but he did have the timing and the decision right. He might legitimately have a source. I wouldn't write it off completely based on the Patterson statement is all I'm saying.

Dakich may have a source in Louisville....I mean, he lives in Indiana, home of the NCAA and he still didn't manage to get that story exactly right.

I don't believe Dakich because I don't believe even for a millisecond that Jeff Brohm is "out" for the Louisville job. I'm not saying with any level certainty that he will be the next coach at Louisville but I will say with 1,000% certainty that Dan Dakich does not know what Jeff Brohm will do in the coming weeks.

Serious question - leaving JB out of this, how many ‘name’ coaches are available AND obtainable?

Les Miles?
Perhaps Charlie Strong?
Perhaps an assistant in the NFL?
Schiano?
Who is doing ‘game planning’ for Alabama?

Thoughts?
Ahem, I’m running out of patience. Recognize.

512x.jpg

Sorry guys Venables isn’t leaving Clemson for a rebuild, he doesn’t have to, someone is gonna offer him a sweet deal with a ready made team and he’s not gonna leave until he sees it...ie. Kirby Smart

In that same tweet Dakich said that UofL and Charlie Strong has reciprocal interest, which everyone knows is bull malarkey. Think he was given some bad info.

I predict it will be NEAL BROWN. He is working this pretty hard behind the scenes and to be honest, I don't think Tyra knows who he can get right now!

I am flipping I didn't think Brohm would leave, but unless something happens i.e. a boat load of money 6-7 million per year, it will be Brohm.

I predict it will be NEAL BROWN. He is working this pretty hard behind the scenes and to be honest, I don't think Tyra knows who he can get right now!
I predict that the fan base will melt down if neal brown is even considered. Would be an absolutely turrible hire. Just turrible.

I predict that the fan base will melt down if neal brown is even considered. Would be an absolutely turrible hire. Just turrible.

Wouldn't be a terrible hire from the coaching aspect but it would be bad for UL fans being he has a bunch of UK ties. It won't be Neal Brown.

Howard and Bear Bryant both had slapdick ties. As long as it's someone who can get us Forrest Gump at RB I'm good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT