ADVERTISEMENT

Predict the next coach here

For the final three games the dream scenario would be for Tyra to temporarily bring “The Coach “ Schnellenberger in. The buzz around the program would be unreal and back door talks with J Brohm could begin if they haven’t already.

For the final two games the dream scenario would be for Tyra to temporarily bring “The Coach “ Schnellenberger in. The buzz around the program would be unreal and back door talks with J Brohm could begin if they haven’t already.

Venables or Brohm are the ideal - but to add a dose of realism we will likely have get someone on the cheap by giving an OC or DC their first opportunity to as a head coach (3-4 mill a year on the high end). That shouldn'tbe upsetting for anyone as we've had our greatest success in the program by giving Strong and Bobby 1.0 their opportunities. Snatching up a HC from a smaller school is of course on the table as well.

Names that fall in that criteria for me are
Mike Leach
Jedd Fisch
Chip Long
Friggin Neal Brown
Pep Hamilton
Dan Enos
Phil Longo

I'm curious as to what everyone thinks if A) Are we destination job in our current state and B) Do we have the resources to lock that down. Yeah I know ACC and big stadium, new facilities, fanatic fans and an obtainable route to the playoffs; however, does a fresh AD with budget issues and an immediate recruiting crisis (with fanatically angry fans) and pressure fort attendance put us in a spot to be a stepping stone one more time?

Reactions: swurv99
Schiano doesn't exactly help our stellar reputation in my opinion. Lots of risk for a scandalous headline there and that's the last thing we need.

I'm not saying he's the perfect guy, just a gut feeling that's who we'll wind up with after a few turn downs by other coaches

I think it's Tyra's style to go get someone with slapd!ck ties. Someone can tell me who those guys are...

For the final three games the dream scenario would be for Tyra to temporarily bring “The Coach “ Schnellenberger in. The buzz around the program would be unreal and back door talks with J Brohm could begin if they haven’t already.
That would be a major gesture. Schnellenberger taking the Louisville job was 100% necessary to kick starting it to where it would be important enough to get Louisville into the ACC.

Reactions: TDredbird
Venables would bemy first choice. Hungry, young, strong recruiting ties, coached at elite programs at oklahoma and now clemson and won national titles.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT