ADVERTISEMENT

Postive Valentine's Day post

CardHack

Four-Star Poster
May 29, 2001
1. Lost in the haze of our collapse is something that should be pointed out...Duke came into town with the reputation of not only being able to beat people, but embarrass them. From the opening tip our team mentality was to take the game to them and we attacked them in every conceivable way--ESPECIALLY on the offensive end. Fore attempting a dunk on a baseline drive sent a message to Barrett that he wasn't going to be able to take the night off defensively; Nwora shooting the gap from the backside defensively and getting an uncontested dunk...and sticking a jumper in Williamson's eye. A fantastic help side block by Malik to generate a fastbreak.

...I didn't see one ounce of fear in any of our players. And I also didn't see Zion Williamson be able to expand his highlight portfolio at our expense with a dunk or spectacular block...and it wasn't because we went to the Four corners to avoid him or packed it in around him to keep him from getting the ball. There won't be any of his multitude of spectacular plays in a Duke uniform that will include us. That will be highlights against UK or some other poor saps from Ga Tech or BC.

2. I thought the blackout was a rousing success; it looked fantastic on TV.

3. Denny Crum was one of the all-time greats as a bench coach and getting something on the offensive end in late game situations coming out of timeouts; Rick was a maniac in preparation and was great at making a team beat them with a second or third option. But neither one of them remotely could get points out of a baseline inbound play like Mack. He embarrassed Williamson twice with dummy plays on the weakside low block for Sutton.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News