ADVERTISEMENT

Poor LSU

KozmasAgain

6000+
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2016
With the victory over us today that probably means LSU will hire Ed Orgeron as their next Head Coach. I feel sorry for the LSU fans because he reminds me of John L Smith in the success category. He will win a big game every now and then and lose games he shouldn't lose.

With the victory over us today that probably means LSU will hire Ed Orgeron as their next Head Coach. I feel sorry for the LSU fans because he reminds me of John L Smith in the success category. He will win a big game every now and then and lose games he shouldn't lose.
They signed him over a month ago.

I think it was a temporary contract for him to coach the team until the end of the season.

That's all you got out of this game? Orgeron will be a failure? LSU is one of the top five programs in the country. What makes a top 5 program is the ease with which they can get top recruits, the support of the fans, administration, and the facilities. These schools give a good coach a chance to be a great coach.

LSU didn't just beat Louisville, they dominated them. LSU is a way more talented team than Louisville.

Several years back Orgeron took over as interim coach a Southern Cal team that was totally demoralized by Kiffin and he went 6-2 beating the Pac10 champions in the process. He took over LSU this year and went 6-2. He completely installed a new offense. He has proved he can handle a team with talent and run a Power 5 program. I anticipate with interest seeing what he can do with stability and talent from the start of spring training.

Yeah,his kids play hard for him.More than half the battle when there's talent to boot.

Yeah then why was Les Miles fired if you have everything to be that good. I have nothing against LSU you have a great program and you did kick our butts. Orgeron has another side to him that is a little off beat, maybe he has changed but If he was as good as you say why wasn't he a Head Coach last year?

I think hiring Orgeron was a bad idea. Anytime I hear "he was the choice of the players" I think red flags should be waving. The guy had a pitiful record at Ole Miss. Having some moderate success as an interim is not the same as maintaining a program.

Some of you are uninformed and actually do not have a clue on Orgeron. Trust me, we are in good hands with Orgeron. After Miles, Orgeron is a breath of fresh air. He has kicked a lot of ass since he took over. Check his record. Oh, and forget about the Ole Miss debacle. That was a long time ago and the cupboard was empty when he got there. All I know is that we and the players are all happy to have Ed Orgeron as our coach and he is doing a fantastic job.

Some of you are uninformed and actually do not have a clue on Orgeron. Trust me, we are in good hands with Orgeron. After Miles, Orgeron is a breath of fresh air. He has kicked a lot of ass since he took over. Check his record. Oh, and forget about the Ole Miss debacle. That was a long time ago and the cupboard was empty when he got there. All I know is that we and the players are all happy to have Ed Orgeron as our coach and he is doing a fantastic job.
Thanks. We'll take you at your word.:cool:

The thing with Orgeron is he has some issues related to him other than football. I am sure he has grown up now and is a more mature person.

The thing with Orgeron is he has some issues related to him other than football. I am sure he has grown up now and is a more mature person.

Issues? You are really clueless. He had a partying problem in the early 90's when he was single and coaching at Miami. He got married a few years later and has had no problems since. So you say he "has" issues not related to football. Did you mean to say HAD?

Well for example when he was a coach at Ole Miss he stripped down to his underwear and challenged anybody on the team to wrestle him. Needless to say nobody challenged him, none of the players wanted to wrestle a grown man in his underwear.

I don't dismiss your enthusiasm but I think an elite program like LSU should be able to get nearly any coach it wants. It's very similar to Louisville basketball. I feel like you guys could shoot higher than someone with his credentials. Best of luck though and perhaps he'll prove me wrong.

Well for example when he was a coach at Ole Miss he stripped down to his underwear and challenged anybody on the team to wrestle him. Needless to say nobody challenged him, none of the players wanted to wrestle a grown man in his underwear.
Hmmm..... The stripping down to his undies seems like an unnecessary thing to do in that instance. But that's just me and I'm not an LSU fan so...

And thanks for posting that and making my brunch come back up.

As far as LSU is concerned, they are not going anywhere until they can beat Alabama, just like we aren't going anywhere until we can beat Clemson. I like our chances better than envisioning Orgeron beating Saban anytime soon.

Hey Tiger fans, Geaux Away!

Was glad to see Orgeron get the permanent gig. I just wish LSU had received the September version of U of L football...

Reactions: Kratz
ADVERTISEMENT