ADVERTISEMENT

Please stop crucifying the man. Life presents tough choices.

You are an overly emotional fanboy whose existence has been justified by UL sports, and you’ve overestimated the standing of UL, and now you’re butthurt.
Lol - ok. And you are a sad little whussy who most likely created an email account to get a user name to come here and get self righteous.

I like my place in the world better than yours little buddy. :)

Reactions: wilkie01
Well they’ll definitely be another year older but I get your gist:). You do pose a great question with the wiser part, and that’s did these kids actually gain anything from last year? Only thing I can come up with is they received a great lesson in dealing with adversity, that could be a big advantage depending on what the next coach does.

I think the likes of Wilson, hall, becton, avery, atwell, Etheridge, greenard, hicks, bell, Peterson, Bentley, and a few others give us a good starting point. I'll take a 4-8, 5-7 season next year, get the scheme changed and a few recruiting classes. 2020 we have every opportunity to be better than .500 and back to 8-9+ team shortly thereafter.

I think the likes of Wilson, hall, becton, avery, atwell, Etheridge, greenard, hicks, bell, Peterson, Bentley, and a few others give us a good starting point. I'll take a 4-8, 5-7 season next year, get the scheme changed and a few recruiting classes. 2020 we have every opportunity to be better than .500 and back to 8-9+ team shortly thereafter.

You know a few years ago predicting we’d win 4-5 games would get you run off the board, but i agree, if anyone expects any more than that, they will be extremely disappointed.

Last edited:
I like the Brohms, but I'm not sure how much we'll miss Jeff's coaching. He loses too many games that leave me scratching my head. The big question is whether "Vince" can get lucky finding a good replacement.

Brohm simply took the higher offer, and "Vince" could have offered him more money but didn't. So some of our fans will be a little butthurt for awhile longer...

Reactions: wilkie01
Brohm made it clear he was not leaving Purdue after only 2 years, even for more money. Had it been year 4 at Purdue, maybe he leaves but it was just too early.

I like the Brohms, but I'm not sure how much we'll miss Jeff's coaching. He loses too many games that leave me scratching my head. The big question is whether "Vince" can get lucky finding a good replacement.

Brohm simply took the higher offer, and "Vince" could have offered him more money but didn't. So some of our fans will be a little butthurt for awhile longer...

There will be some that are butt hurt, but the majority realize 6 million is just way too much for jeff. Hell, 5 is high for him, you have to draw a line some where. The majority that are hurt over this, are hurt probably because we thought UofL meant more to Jeff, especially more than a 2 year relationship to purdue. Oh well.

Brohm made it clear he was not leaving Purdue after only 2 years, even for more money. Had it been year 4 at Purdue, maybe he leaves but it was just too early.

Yes. This is a much better summary of the decision than what the poster immediately prior to this posted.

Let's move on.

Said it weeks ago, that I didnt believe he had shown enough, yet, to warrant 6million.

I am just hopeful we name a coach early this week. We have to see if there is any possibility of flipping some of these louisville kids. Probably not, but cant hurt.

Purdue didn't think $6 million was "too much".

And we'll see if and how soon our own fans speculate why we didn't go an extra million. When you've committed $23 million, why not $24?...

Purdue was desperate to keep a good coach (they havent been anywhere near relevant in 10+ years). I truly dont think the money was the factor with JB.

We are exactly two years removed from playing in 2 college gamedays, being ranked in top 4 of playoff rankings, and having a Heisman winning qb. Oh, also winning 8 games, which has been awhile for Purdue. We really aren’t in that bad of shape, despite what fans of others schools would like to believe.
We weren't in that bad of shape, but when every team on your schedule (except FSU) hangs 50+ on you, that is as bad as it gets.

Jeff had is chance! Now we start the Scott Satterfield ERA at Louisville. I look forward as he is a great hire.

5c07ca092b7bc.image.jpg

I dont think we even need to bring Jeff up anymore. We have OUR coach that wanted to be here. Full-on support and some patience and I think he can turn this thing around!

We weren't in that bad of shape, but when every team on your schedule (except FSU) hangs 50+ on you, that is as bad as it gets.

Well for the microwave society folks I guess our program is just garbage now, but for the realistic fans, we realize we’ve experienced success within the last couple years. One bad year does not put your program in bad shape. If we were in that bad of shape, Satterfield would have said the same thing to uofl that he did Georgia Tech, which is “not interested.” Keep your head up, the sky isn’t falling.

He could have gotten his raise through the back door. All he had to do was tell his AD "I might talk to UL".

Nobody would have known, and he'd still be considered "honorable".

But he chose to make it public.

JB joined the ranks of "Just another FB coach" when he used us.

He could have gotten his raise through the back door. All he had to do was tell his AD "I might talk to UL".

Nobody would have known, and he'd still be considered "honorable".

But he chose to make it public.

JB joined the ranks of "Just another FB coach" when he used us.
Absolutely. All the crocodile tears after the fact are just spin to try and mitigate the poor way that he handled the situation and as importantly, distract purdoo and the boils from the fact that he just fleeced them out of an extra 2M per year.

Brohm was doing U of L a huge favor just considering us for the job. Had there been no U of L connection, there's no chance he would have...

Reactions: SoulSr
The timing of all things considered, where U of L was in relation to where JB was in his career just didn’t make it a fit. It happens. But out of respect from both sides, they had to sit down and talk. No assumptions, just facts.

The timing of all things considered, where U of L was in relation to where JB was in his career just didn’t make it a fit. It happens. But out of respect from both sides, they had to sit down and talk. No assumptions, just facts.

I don’t think AD Tyra felt that way at all. He felt that his discussions with JB were very serious and then he got rejected. JB used UofL to feather his own nest pure and simple. If he had really “felt all that bad” then he could have gone back to PU and just continued to work at his present salary. After all he is only 6-6 with the possibility of finishing with a losing record. No way he was worth what he was offered and that amount proved that AD Tyra was very serious about UofL’s offer. Perhaps JB wasn’t.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

I don’t think AD Tyra felt that way at all. He felt that his discussions with JB were very serious and then he got rejected. JB used UofL to feather his own nest pure and simple. If he had really “felt all that bad” then he could have gone back to PU and just continued to work at his present salary. After all he is only 6-6 with the possibility of finishing with a losing record. No way he was worth what he was offered and that amount proved that AD Tyra was very serious about UofL’s offer. Perhaps JB wasn’t...
"Vince" obviously didn't get the job done. I'd argue it's because he didn't do his homework and/or size up the situation properly.

And even if I believed it really happened, getting played is as much an indictment of him as it is Brohm...

"Vince" obviously didn't get the job done. I'd argue it's because he didn't do his homework and/or size up the situation properly.

And even if I believed it really happened, getting played is as much an indictment of him as it is Brohm...

He didn't get played. Maybe Brohm has some integrity and loyalty to Purdue and his recruits. Also, he knows the mess Petrino left and doesn't want another rebuilding job. He's young and still has aspirations.

He didn't get played. Maybe Brohm has some integrity and loyalty to Purdue and his recruits. Also, he knows the mess Petrino left and doesn't want another rebuilding job. He's young and still has aspirations.

I believe JB missed the opportunity to coach his alma mater. Pretty simple. Coaches move around all the time and if JB really wanted to coach here then he blew his chance. I have serious doubts that opportunity will come up again for JB.

Brohm was doing U of L a huge favor just considering us for the job. Had there been no U of L connection, there's no chance he would have...
Pretty difficult to think that UofL would have considered Brohm if not for the "connection"...

Reactions: Rollem Cards

If OUR AD hadn't pursued Brohm, the fan base would have revolted. Now, Brohm has what he wants, and most of us are excited with Satterfield and pleased with Tyra. Let it Be!

Reactions: PushupMan
Pretty difficult to think that UofL would have considered Brohm if not for the "connection"...
Well I haven't been enamored with Brohm based purely on his coaching record. But suffice to say, most fans here disagree(d) with that POV. And I'll lay you dollars to donuts that "Vince" did too. Any P5 coach who has been deemed successful to this point should have been on U of L's list of candidates.
If OUR AD hadn't pursued Brohm, the fan base would have revolted. Now, Brohm has what he wants, and most of us are excited with Satterfield and pleased with Tyra. Let it Be!
I was simply responding to a "Brohm used U of L" remark which I think is offbase. Convince others to stop talking about Brohm, and I might as well...

I wish everyone would stop talking about him. Message boards, radio shows, media. We have our coach, he didnt want to come here, so F him. And we got our coach for half the price. I still say I look forward to 2-3 years from now.....

Maybe Brohm has some integrity and loyalty to Purdue and his recruits.
Maybe he does.

My problem is, he apparently didn't develop this loyalty until he knew what we were offering, and PU could counter. His "loyalty" should have been proclaimed the day we fired BP.

That's why I now say JB is "just another coach". Nothing special as he will go to the highest bidder too.

Now, I will give him credit for being smart.

How often can .500 coach in America manage to make himself a top ten paid coach?

The bad part is, now the REAL pressure is on.

I believe JB missed the opportunity to coach his alma mater. Pretty simple. Coaches move around all the time and if JB really wanted to coach here then he blew his chance. I have serious doubts that opportunity will come up again for JB.

Agree 100%, those stars won’t align again - nor should they after the snub.

Reactions: Rollem Cards
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT