ADVERTISEMENT

Please stop crucifying the man. Life presents tough choices.

Maybe, he really should have thought all that through before he told Shawn Friebert to tell Tyra that he would come.

Reactions: Cue Card
I’ll venture to say most Cards fans would agree, that we were just really surprised, and a little let down by our Golden Boy.

I wish nothing but the best for Jeff and his family’s health, but I would like him to fail miserably at Purdue because that’s probably the only way he’ll stop taking the top talent from the school that loved him so much. Boiler Down

Reactions: Cue Card
Tyra has looked like a joke throughout all of this. What kind of AD openly speaks about employed candidates during a search? Stop making on the record interviews and leaking lies to the fanboys. If I’m a coach, there is no way I want to work for him.
Well I guess for Tyra‘s sake, it’s good that you’re just a random purdoo dumbass and not a coach. :rolleyes:

Did you read the article at all? I believe he was being sincere when he said in regards to recruiting for Purdue :

“When I sit in people’s house and they specifically ask me, ‘Coach, are you going to be there? And I say, ‘Yes’ and even more detailed when people like Rondale Moore and others specifically ask me, ‘Coach, I’m not interested in going there if you’re going to Louisville. You’re not going to Louisville, are you? and I say, ‘No, I’m not going to be there"

Did you read the article at all? I believe he was being sincere when he said in regards to recruiting for Purdue :

“When I sit in people’s house and they specifically ask me, ‘Coach, are you going to be there? And I say, ‘Yes’ and even more detailed when people like Rondale Moore and others specifically ask me, ‘Coach, I’m not interested in going there if you’re going to Louisville. You’re not going to Louisville, are you? and I say, ‘No, I’m not going to be there"
Well that’s a first. Lol

A bridge got burned, and Louisville fans didn’t burn it. Things will never be the same with the Brohm's again.

Bridge was burned when Brohm sacrificed to go to UofL instead of working with Saban...only to get fired. Set his career back several years. Fans and boosters did nothing to keep this from happening.

Then he got snubbed for Petrino 2.0.

The fact that he was even considering speaks of his love for the city.

Bridge was burned when Brohm sacrificed to go to UofL instead of working with Saban...only to get fired. Set his career back several years. Fans and boosters did nothing to keep this from happening.

He got a healthy raise, that’s why he pretended to be interested. Purdue is a non sports power, he can make millions being average Joe there.

The fact that he took purdoo’s offer speaks to his love of money.

The fact that he took purdoo’s offer speaks to his love of money.

If you don't do your best to maximize your value then you are being foolish. The company will toss you away like a used tissue.

I love my job, my boss and company are both great, but when a colleague left and my boss worried I'd follow I played poker until I had a nice new offer in front of me.

In Jeff's case, he was playing not just for himself, but for his brothers, and assistants too.

A bridge got burned, and Louisville fans didn’t burn it. Things will never be the same with the Brohm's again.
Agree. All about grabbing the cash. You’ll never convince me it wasn’t. I hope Purdue has buyer’s remorse in about 3-4 yrs. Go Wisconsin, go Gophers, go Northwestern and whoever else is in the crap division of the Big 10.

Like it or not, but it happened.

He’d never been a head coach when he was “snubbed for 2.0”. Get real!

If you don't do your best to maximize your value then you are being foolish. The company will toss you away like a used tissue.

I love my job, my boss and company are both great, but when a colleague left and my boss worried I'd follow I played poker until I had a nice new offer in front of me.

In Jeff's case, he was playing not just for himself, but for his brothers, and assistants too.
Use another institution for your cash grab not your old school.

Reactions: kentuckyshame
In all honestly if Brohm took the job, how long do you think it would be where Uofl is ahead of Purdue on the field?

The football program and entire athletic department is a mess. This is not a quick turnaround. Brohm knows it and fans should too. Why kill his positive momentium in coaching circle to start from square one. Where the first couple years are going to be a complete struggle. The roster right now is totally mismanaged and void of a lot of talent. (Talent can compete in games every once in a while based on that alone. This football team couldn’t compete with any power five school!

In all honestly if Brohm took the job, how long do you think it would be where Uofl is ahead of Purdue on the field?

The football program and entire athletic department is a mess. This is not a quick turnaround. Brohm knows it and fans should too. Why kill his positive momentium in coaching circle to start from square one. Where the first couple years are going to be a complete struggle. The roster right now is totally mismanaged and void of a lot of talent. (Talent can compete in games every once in a while based on that alone. This football team couldn’t compete with any power five school!
See...Mack, Chris

See...Mack, Chris
Much easier to build a basketball program where you can change over an entire roster in one class (check the team in Lexington). Get 6-7 good guys and don’t need a rebuilding year. Look at cal with cousins, Bledsoe wall. Went from it to elite eight (and should of advanced had they not shot so terrible).

Football if you don’t miss on any recuits and everyone is better than you even thought. Requires at minimum of 2 full classes to fill a two deep. Big difference. Football rebuild is much more difficult.

So by time you get your guys on a two deep on campus you are starting year four, and still have freshman and sophomores.

We are exactly two years removed from playing in 2 college gamedays, being ranked in top 4 of playoff rankings, and having a Heisman winning qb. Oh, also winning 8 games, which has been awhile for Purdue. We really aren’t in that bad of shape, despite what fans of others schools would like to believe.

Much easier to build a basketball program where you can change over an entire roster in one class (check the team in Lexington). Get 6-7 good guys and don’t need a rebuilding year. Look at cal with cousins, Bledsoe wall. Went from it to elite eight (and should of advanced had they not shot so terrible).

Football if you don’t miss on any recuits and everyone is better than you even thought. Requires at minimum of 2 full classes to fill a two deep. Big difference. Football rebuild is much more difficult.

So by time you get your guys on a two deep on campus you are starting year four, and still have freshman and sophomores.
Your point was that because our entire athletic department is such a mess it would take a long time to turn it around. There is no bigger mess than UL basketball yet Mr. Mack has come in and turned around this program without those star recruits you mention. Chris Mack has done it, And, maybe football is tougher but John L. Smith did it, Charlie Strong did it.

We are exactly two years removed from playing in 2 college gamedays, being ranked in top 4 of playoff rankings, and having a Heisman winning qb. Oh, also winning 8 games, which has been awhile for Purdue. We really aren’t in that bad of shape, despite what fans of others schools would like to believe.
Those players and a huge part of that reseasom (Lamar) are not walking through that door to practice in the spring.

Do you think Bobby just forgot how to coach? Or maybe thebroster is in such bad shape that they can’t compete with any power five school? This is a complete rebuild!

How has everywhere been when petrino has left? The guy hasn’t never built his own program, and everywhere has struggled mightily once he left. This will be no different.

At best you are looking at three years of struggles tondevelope depth, and talent to compete. Numbers in football don’t work like basketball.

Any coach hires first three years should be thrown out till they get a handle on roster once they arrive here.

Those players and a huge part of that reseasom (Lamar) are not walking through that door to practice in the spring.

Do you think Bobby just forgot how to coach? Or maybe thebroster is in such bad shape that they can’t compete with any power five school? This is a complete rebuild!

How has everywhere been when petrino has left? The guy hasn’t never built his own program, and everywhere has struggled mightily once he left. This will be no different.

At best you are looking at three years of struggles tondevelope depth, and talent to compete. Numbers in football don’t work like basketball.

Any coach hires first three years should be thrown out till they get a handle on roster once they arrive here.
Your point was that because our entire athletic department is such a mess it would take a long time to turn it around. There is no bigger mess than UL basketball yet Mr. Mack has come in and turned around this program without those star recruits you mention. Chris Mack has done it, And, maybe football is tougher but John L. Smith did it, Charlie Strong did it.

How long do you think a coach would need at minimum timturn football into a respectable team right now from shape it is in?

How isnthentalent level compared to that of other power five schools?

Answer those honestly and you’ll see why the job isn’t that appealing. No one with further ambitions is going to want to start all over.

See ...Smith, John L. And Strong, Charlie.

How long do you think a coach would need at minimum timturn football into a respectable team right now from shape it is in?

How isnthentalent level compared to that of other power five schools?

Answer those honestly and you’ll see why the job isn’t that appealing. No one with further ambitions is going to want to start all over.
Again, see Smith, John L. and Strong, Charlie. Both of those guys inherited far worse situations and turned them around immediately.

Reactions: kentuckyshame

We had other nfl players on that team besides Lamar. Petrino’s biggest problem this tenure is that his staff has been absolutely awful.

Reactions: OlhamCardinal
UofL football had a very young roster this year and is in no way, shape or form a mess. We underperformed mightily after the loss to FSU, which was so devastating that it broke this team’s spirit. The players on the team had no desire to compete after that loss, and we had no quarterback good enough to rally around.

A new coach, a new attitude, and a year’s maturity will make a huge difference. As will a graduate transfer QB to put Jawon Pass on the bench until he improves significantly or transfers.

Reactions: rockycard
UofL football had a very young roster this year and is in no way, shape or form a mess. We underperformed mightily after the loss to FSU, which was so devastating that it broke this team’s spirit. The players on the team had no desire to compete after that loss, and we had no quarterback good enough to rally around.

A new coach, a new attitude, and a year’s maturity will make a huge difference. As will a graduate transfer QB to put Jawon Pass on the bench until he improves significantly or transfers.
I agree that the roster this past year was terribly young, but that doesn't mean that we'll have a roster another year older and wiser in 2019. Whoever the coach is next year, he's going to have to deal with a bunch of kids in near open revolt during the last half of 2018. Do such players all of the sudden become team focused top-notch citizens of the program in 2019 just because a new coach arrives? I seriously doubt it. There will be a good deal of attrition from this squad in my opinion, as there should be. When we look at filling a minimum of a two deep, we are in a world of hurt.

I agree that the roster this past year was terribly young, but that doesn't mean that we'll have a roster another year older and wiser in 2019.

Well they’ll definitely be another year older but I get your gist:). You do pose a great question with the wiser part, and that’s did these kids actually gain anything from last year? Only thing I can come up with is they received a great lesson in dealing with adversity, that could be a big advantage depending on what the next coach does.

Damn shame Rondale Moore didn't ask him about leaving PeeYou for the NFL or Notre Dame before he graduates should the chance present itself, huh?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT