ADVERTISEMENT

Please say it ain't so

Chapman123

800+
Jan 20, 2018
Louisville
I don't have sources or this or that. I spoke to someone in my family with some info. I can't say exactly who or what because I'm sure she reads these boards. I'll just say she works for the University in some capacity.

I was told Dino Babers will be the next coach at UofL by her.

If so, what a terrible F ing hire for UofL. If Dino Babers is the next coach then Vince Tyra has lost all credibility with me.

I hope to God she is wrong on this. Dino Babers does not deserve to come here. I'd rather have 10 other coaches before him

I don't have sources or this or that. I spoke to someone in my family with some info. I can't say exactly who or what because I'm sure she reads these boards. I'll just say she works for the University in some capacity.

If so, what a terrible F ing hire for UofL. If Dino Babers is the next coach then Vince Tyra has lost all credibility with me.

I hope to God she is wrong on this. Dino Babers does not deserve to come here. I'd rather have 10 other coaches before him

It ain’t so. My guess is she read it in the CJ or saw it reported on WLKY lol. It’s still Brohm just as it always has been.

Reactions: Smithereen
It ain’t so. My guess is she read it in the CJ or saw it reported on WLKY lol. It’s still Brohm just as it always has been.
Dude I hope you're right. I couldn't fathom hiring 17-19 Dino Babers. Even if it not Brohm, just don't be Dino.
She said that is the name getting tossed around a lot.

What? Babers is a tremendous coach on the rise. Matter of fact, way WAY better coach than Brohm. Think the fanbase should get behind Tyra on this and rally for it. Babers wouldnt just be a homerun hire, hed be a grand slam.

What? Babers is a tremendous coach on the rise. Matter of fact, way WAY better coach than Brohm. Think the fanbase should get behind Tyra on this and rally for it. Babers wouldnt just be a homerun hire, hed be a grand slam.

Yawn, but I suspect he’ll use it to negotiate a better deal at CUSE

If Brohm does leave Purdue Barbers is who I want and many of our fans do too. The main concern is his recruiting.. not exactly lights out

If Brohm does leave Purdue Barbers is who I want and many of our fans do too. The main concern is his recruiting.. not exactly lights out

Yep and what the most important aspect to big time FB....recruiting. Not interested. But like always I support whoever it is until he pulls a Bobby

@MarkEnnis

I don’t think Babers is a very serious of a candidate at Louisville. But I can tell you he got to 9-3 in half the time and a fraction of the salary and resources it took to get Mark Stoops there.

He is 10-14 in the ACC, not very good. I'll pass on this dude and would have a hard time with his hire if true.

Your source is wrong because never in a million years would that happen.

The top candidate should be Ryan Day. If Vince wants to go with a head coach, I’d point towards Bill Clark (although I think Neal Brown will get some play which I hate). A little off the radar but someone I hope we would strongly consider is Tony Elliott at Clemson.

DB has spent only two years at each of his stops as HC. Question is can he sustain success especially if he doesn’t recruit well? We will see if DB.

You guys should look at Mike Houston of James Madison. He’d be a great candidate for you., as would Louis Leo Holtz, Jr.

Reactions: BSTJim
This thread epitomizes the situation for Tyra... Next to Brohm, there is no logical second choice for the fanbase. And fan support is critical to the ULAA's financial situation for the foreseeable future.

I talked to two guys last nite who swore they would drop their season tickets if Tyra signed Neal Brown. That's exactly the type of reaction we will see with the hire of any coach not named "Jeff Brohm"...

LOL 247 sports is reporting there is "mutual interest" between Barry Odom and U of L....good luck with that one....

LOL 247 sports is reporting there is "mutual interest" between Barry Odom and U of L....good luck with that one....
I had heard that also. I doubt that he would be high up on our list, but who knows? He may either be unhappy at Missouri, or he’s just trying to get a pay bump. He did suck in the Kentucky game, gave the game away with some weird play calling on both sides of the ball.

I don’t want Barbers either but, as a UofL fan, I’ll support him until I see that he is not whom we need. It appears to me that Mr. Barbers would be the “coach on the cheap” candidate.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

This thread epitomizes the situation for Tyra... Next to Brohm, there is no logical second choice for the fanbase. And fan support is critical to the ULAA's financial situation for the foreseeable future.

I talked to two guys last nite who swore they would drop their season tickets if Tyra signed Neal Brown. That's exactly the type of reaction we will see with the hire of any coach not named "Jeff Brohm"...

Uhh no. That is the reaction you would see if Tyra hired UK Blue Neal Brown, Kraggy Matt Wells, or a mediocre P5 coach like Odom. There are others such as Day or Venables the fan base would be happy with.

However, as stated above we are hiring Jeff Brohm so it doesn’t matter.

I had heard that also. I doubt that he would be high up on our list, but who knows? He may either be unhappy at Missouri, or he’s just trying to get a pay bump. He did suck in the Kentucky game, gave the game away with some weird play calling on both sides of the ball.

This is the danger of immediately settling in on Brohm and with all the behind the scenes chatter about it being a done deal. I always thought if Brohm had any hesitation about coming to Louisville they both should come out and clearly say he is not a candidate. Tyra is now in a position that he better get Brohm or whoever he hires is going to have a divided fan base. Next year is going to rough and the fanbase is not going to fully support the new coach immediately. A 4-8 or 3-9 season is much different with Brohm than say a Neal Brown or Babers.

The backlash on Babers is crazy, but it illustrates the point. He took Syracuse from pure garbage to 9-3 will no recruiting base, a terrible stadium, and a god awful location in 3 years. He fits the offensive style and his defense this year has been pretty good. His teams play hard. Yet, the fanbase would be spilt on him.

The other tricky part of this search is what coach is just looking to get a raise at the school he is at like Babers, Odom or hell you could throw Brohm in that conversation. Odom isn't happening that would be like Brohm leaving Louisville to go to Purdue.

Reactions: CATFANFOLIFE87
Big question is at what point does VT put his beloved gold pocketvwatch on the table and hope there’s no counter?

Babers' stock is as high today as it ever will be. If he wants out of Syracuse, this is the time.

That said, NO on Babers. His defenses suck and he won't have Dungey anymore. Your family member got some bad intell, IMO. I agree on 10 other coaches before him. Bill Clark, UAB, is my #2 (a very very distant #2). I still think it will be Brohm and it's going to be noisy & uncomfortable with tons of rumors until Dec 5.

I honestly wouldn't mind Babers but from what I've gathered Brohm's still the guy.

I have no inside info on this particular statement but I would take every bit of news about the Brohm situation that comes out before 12/6 with a giant grain salt unless its something about Jeff signing a giant extension with Purdue.

Reactions: Morgantown Card
Also something to consider.....Look at the UNC job, WKU job, Texas Tech....all jobs that have been open a lot less time than the Louisville job and all have legit news about whats likely to occur with their next coach.

Louisville's been open for 3 weeks and we still don't even have a reputable list of candidates outside of Jeff Brohm. We literally don't even have a clue about who would be the second target if Jeff were to not come.....I would think that's telling.

Reactions: Cue Card
Also something to consider.....Look at the UNC job, WKU job, Texas Tech....all jobs that have been open much more recent than the Louisville job and all have legit news about whats likely to occur with their next coach.

Louisville's been open for 3 weeks and we still don't even have a reputable list of candidates outside of Jeff Brohm. We literally don't even have a clue about who would be the second target if Jeff were to not come.....I would think that's telling.
UNC is (re)hiring Mack Brown.

Reactions: Cue Card
I’d be fine with Babers. Have seen a few of the Cuse games and they looked great. Well coached team who is playing an exciting style of football. Yeah, I could get behind that.

Reactions: GoldCard
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT