ADVERTISEMENT

Player tweet about Brohm

KerryRhodes

15000+
Dec 15, 2007
From TOS discussing a players tweet that has since been deleted.

Someone said they shouldn't be playing kickball since they're 2-9, and he responded that they were just trying to keep the team together until Brohm gets here.

Reactions: wilkie01 and td75
Gave up 600yds to UK. Why spend years to rebuild us when he has Purdue moving in the right direction? If he comes here then it truly is his dream job.

What destination job does Sullivan expect to open up without a rebuilding effort? Meyer,Saban, Swinney, Franklin,Oregeron,Harbaugh etc ain’t going anywhere anytime soon. USC Fl st Auburn are complete rebuilds. UofL is by far the best opening this year and probably next year.

What destination job does Sullivan expect to open up without a rebuilding effort? Meyer,Saban, Swinney, Franklin,Oregeron,Harbaugh etc ain’t going anywhere anytime soon. USC Fl st Auburn are complete rebuilds. UofL is by far the best opening this year and probably next year.
USC, FSU and Auburn have won NCAA championships. UL is the popular choice for Cardinal fans but he may want to go for the bigger money at a school with a more successful football history. Howard Schnellenberger was open to rebuilding the UL program when he could have gone anywhere. Hopefully Brohm does the same.

Wow I can’t believe they still don’t get coach speak in West Lafayette. They have been so pitiful for so long, they haven’t had to learn to ignore anything a coach being recruited by another program says.

What we know is Jeff hasn’t spoken with anyone from UofL yet. Vince hasn’t even asked Bobinski to speak to Jeff. That’s the first step. We should hear that reported today.
CJ

Reactions: KerryRhodes
The best time to take over a program is when they are down. The administration and fan base give you time to rebuild with little pressure.

Reactions: One Bad Bird
Heres my take on Brohm as an IU fan.

We have went 5-7 the past 2 years with basically a High School coach.

Brohm went 6-6, needing to win the last game of the season over 2 less than mediocre Indiana teams. In which he only won by 7 pts in each game.

Is he really that good?

Heres my take on Brohm as an IU fan.

We have went 5-7 the past 2 years with basically a High School coach.

Brohm went 6-6, needing to win the last game of the season over 2 less than mediocre Indiana teams. In which he only won by 7 pts in each game.

Is he really that good?

Brohm inherited a dumpster fire while Allen inherited a decent roster. Yes he’s that good.

I'm sure you could give a rats ass what a UK fan has to say but do you guys really think Jeff is the answer? Serious question.

Before you bash the UL job would be great for most top coaches. Fantastic facilities, fan base, and a movement that needs to be uplifted. Just curious if there is a better coach available. Regardless I hope UL is back to normal quickly... respect regardless

What would concern me if I was a slappy--imagine that--is that Brohm appears to be a big-game guy. He wins the big games on his schedule and loses others that have you scratching your head.

I couldn't care less about LPT on any schedule, but my guess is Brohm would feel differently...

Just can't imagine Brohm not coming back to his alma mater if the money is even close. Obviously it is in his interest to get an offer from Purdue but he surely knows the financial situation the University is in with Petrino/Pitino and the Jurich settlement.

Last edited by a moderator:
USC, FSU and Auburn have won NCAA championships. UL is the popular choice for Cardinal fans but he may want to go for the bigger money at a school with a more successful football history. Howard Schnellenberger was open to rebuilding the UL program when he could have gone anywhere. Hopefully Brohm does the same.
Why do you think there is bigger money than Louisville? Louisville pays its baseball, WBB, and MBB ( probably mens soccer as well but can find contract #’s) coaches in the Top 5. Louisville’s last 3 DC’s were pain a million each. Louisville has 3 assistants paid much more than Purdue’s top assistant (Holt). Except for a few programs Tex,Ohio st, mich), UofL can pay the same as everyone else.

If UofL doesn’t pay 5-6 mil for Brohm it will be because Tyra doesn’t think Brohm is valued at that price, not because UofL cant afford it.

Why do you think there is bigger money than Louisville? Louisville pays its baseball, WBB, and MBB ( probably mens soccer as well but can find contract #’s) coaches in the Top 5. Louisville’s last 3 DC’s were pain a million each. Louisville has 3 assistants paid much more than Purdue’s top assistant (Holt). Except for a few programs Tex,Ohio st, mich), UofL can pay the same as everyone else.

If UofL doesn’t pay 5-6 mil for Brohm it will be because Tyra doesn’t think Brohm is valued at that price, not because UofL cant afford it.

Your last paragraph says it all. If UL has no money issues at all, then offer what Texas A&M offered Jimbo or give the next coach, Saban money. If that is the case, then you can definitely cast a wide net instead of going all in on one person. If the cash is available and UL is the attractive football school that many think it is, offer the position to a proven coach with conference championships or at least, years of high level, highly ranked, teams.

Reactions: 521cat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT